Windows 10: Top apps experience windows 1903 broken

Discus and support Top apps experience windows 1903 broken in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I love the new TOP APPS experience in the search box in 1903. But I ruined it. Everything worked fine till I did the following: (Well I think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KoenD, Jun 12, 2019.

1. KoenD Win User

Top apps experience windows 1903 broken

Hi,
    I love the new TOP APPS experience in the search box in 1903. But I ruined it. Everything worked fine till I did the following: (Well I think that’s the cause … )
    In the start menu I see my most used apps. There was one app I don’t wanted to see there, so I right clicked it and choose not to show it in that list.
    Now on the APPS tab of the new search experience I don’t get my Frequent and Recent apps. It immediately says “type to search an app”.
    The titles above the sections on the ALL tab are also different from what they used to be.
    I made a new user and he doesn’t has the special functionality on the APPS tab either. And he also has the “wrong” titles on the ALL tab.
    Has someone an idea to restore it?
    Thx

:)

KoenD, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Top apps experience windows 1903 broken :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Remove all UWP built in apps in Windows 1903

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Windows 10 1903 feature update now lets the users to uninstall a few apps using the
    Context menu. If you’re on the latest build of Windows 10, it will let you uninstall a few UWP applications using the
    Context Menu.

Top apps experience windows 1903 broken 2ff7c851-136c-4751-a8a2-21c4babe9c57?upload=true.png

Please find the list of apps that can now be uninstalled using the Context menu below:

• 3D Viewer
    • Calculator
    • Calendar
    • Groove Music
    • Mail
    • Movies & TV
    • Paint 3D
    • Snip & Sketch
    • Sticky Notes
    • Voice Recorder

To know how to uninstall the apps that cannot be uninstalled using the context menu, refer the article
    Step-By-Step: Removing Windows 10 Universal Apps via
    PowerShell
    by Anthony Bartolo.

Cortana is an integral part of Windows and she cannot be entirely turned off. However, if you don’t want Cortana functionality available to you on your taskbar, I would suggest you to follow these steps:
    Manage Cortana settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Top apps experience windows 1903 broken - Similar Threads - Top apps experience

2. Problem whit Windows start experience and runtime broken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem whit Windows start experience and runtime broken.: Lately I've been having problems with an application within windows 11 system 32, that would be "start" accompanied by runtime broken, sometimes it's also called "start experience..." and it's using me so much ram and so much cpu, how can I fix it ?...
  3. Problem whit Windows start experience and runtime broken.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem whit Windows start experience and runtime broken.: Lately I've been having problems with an application within windows 11 system 32, that would be "start" accompanied by runtime broken, sometimes it's also called "start experience..." and it's using me so much ram and so much cpu, how can I fix it ?...
  4. App Experience issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Experience issue: I'm having problem in windows 11 ProMy device send me notification every time and when I click on it the settings app on my laptop got open and I'm receiving an error that "Sign in with your Microsoft account to continue App experiences across your devices" after clicking...
  5. App Experience issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Experience issue: I'm having problem in windows 11 ProMy device send me notification every time and when I click on it the settings app on my laptop got open and I'm receiving an error that "Sign in with your Microsoft account to continue App experiences across your devices" after clicking...
  6. Broken Lenovo Vantage app after installing Windows 10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Broken Lenovo Vantage app after installing Windows 10 1903 update: Hi, I posted same question on Lenovo forums but there is no solution by their side, and they said that this is problem caused by Microsof update, not with any Lenovo fault. So, as I said, Lenovo Vantage app has broken after 1903 update and it is not possible to recreate it...
  7. WebDAV broken in update 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WebDAV broken in update 1903: Hi, it appears that after update 1903, something got broken in WebDAV support. Previously, I could run WebDAV server on a Linux host like this: sudo docker run --restart always -e AUTH_TYPE=Digest -e USERNAME=ghost -e PASSWORD=secret1234 --publish 7777:80 -d...
  8. Top Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Top Apps: One of my PC's decided to wipe itself a few days ago so I reinstalled the very latest version of Win 10 Home. One thing that interested me was the new search. For me at least all the changes are pointless. It smacks tremendously of a bunch of managers trying to come up...
  9. Sager W740SU - Windows 1903 - Broken Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sager W740SU - Windows 1903 - Broken Drivers: Hello! After updating to 1903 my built in keyboard and touch pad stop functioning completely. I can connect an external mouse and keyboard and use them just fine, however even after rolling back the drivers I am without the built in keyboard and touch pad. I have more...
  10. Windows 10 1903 RemoteFX broken.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1903 RemoteFX broken.: I thought I would open up the discussion on this since I can see no sign of it mentioned anywhere yet. Basically RemoteFX is currently broken in Windows 10 1903 at least with generation 2 machines. Basically neither the HtyperV client or Remote Desktop will connect. It...