Windows 10: Top apps experience windows 1903 broken

Discus and support Top apps experience windows 1903 broken in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I love the new TOP APPS experience in the search box in 1903. But I ruined it. Everything worked fine till I did the following: (Well I think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KoenD, Jun 12, 2019.

1. KoenD Win User

Top apps experience windows 1903 broken

Hi,
    I love the new TOP APPS experience in the search box in 1903. But I ruined it. Everything worked fine till I did the following: (Well I think that’s the cause … )
    In the start menu I see my most used apps. There was one app I don’t wanted to see there, so I right clicked it and choose not to show it in that list.
    Now on the APPS tab of the new search experience I don’t get my Frequent and Recent apps. It immediately says “type to search an app”.
    The titles above the sections on the ALL tab are also different from what they used to be.
    I made a new user and he doesn’t has the special functionality on the APPS tab either. And he also has the “wrong” titles on the ALL tab.
    Has someone an idea to restore it?
    Thx

:)

KoenD, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Top apps experience windows 1903 broken :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Remove all UWP built in apps in Windows 1903

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Windows 10 1903 feature update now lets the users to uninstall a few apps using the
    Context menu. If you’re on the latest build of Windows 10, it will let you uninstall a few UWP applications using the
    Context Menu.

Top apps experience windows 1903 broken 2ff7c851-136c-4751-a8a2-21c4babe9c57?upload=true.png

Please find the list of apps that can now be uninstalled using the Context menu below:

• 3D Viewer
    • Calculator
    • Calendar
    • Groove Music
    • Mail
    • Movies & TV
    • Paint 3D
    • Snip & Sketch
    • Sticky Notes
    • Voice Recorder

To know how to uninstall the apps that cannot be uninstalled using the context menu, refer the article
    Step-By-Step: Removing Windows 10 Universal Apps via
    PowerShell
    by Anthony Bartolo.

Cortana is an integral part of Windows and she cannot be entirely turned off. However, if you don’t want Cortana functionality available to you on your taskbar, I would suggest you to follow these steps:
    Manage Cortana settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Top apps experience windows 1903 broken - Similar Threads - Top apps experience

2. Microsoft 10 1903 on Desk Top

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft 10 1903 on Desk Top: Yesterday Microsoft tried to install 1903, it didn't go through the first time. Later it was installed and is fine, however there is a file on my Desk Top that says it is Microsoft 10 1903 ISO file and it is 3,874,496 KB. Should I leave it there? Is it taking up space it...
  3. Windows 10 1903 RemoteFX broken.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1903 RemoteFX broken.: I thought I would open up the discussion on this since I can see no sign of it mentioned anywhere yet. Basically RemoteFX is currently broken in Windows 10 1903 at least with generation 2 machines. Basically neither the HtyperV client or Remote Desktop will connect. It...
  4. Microsoft Store broken after 1903 update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store broken after 1903 update: I upgraded to the 1903 build a couple of days ago and all seems fine apart from a few Microsoft Store apps and the Store application itself. Usually, when faced with a failed MS Store app I can uninstall the app (either using the GUI or Powershell) and reinstall but since...
  5. Windows settings broken in windows 10 update 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows settings broken in windows 10 update 1903: I just updated my gaming pc to windows 10 update 1903, settings was unstable and in the search options (not cortana) The 2 box on the side saying "searching windows" when i click on it, settings freezes and then closes. Is this my fault or a bug?...
  6. Apps & Features Broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps & Features Broken: On my Apps & Features page in my Settings, there is an app that I have tried to uninstall, but when I try to, it says the uninstall application can't be found, meaning that I have already "uninstalled the application." How do I remove the application from the list? If I...
  7. Store app broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store app broken: The latest Updates, KB3074679 & KB3074686, seem to have broken the Store app, opens only to the initial screen with the swirling dots then immediately closes after about half the dots being visible. Can't update the Store if it doesn't open. Link to report to Microsoft also...
  8. Modern Windows apps broken.

Modern Windows apps broken.: It all started when I tried to use the calculator. I pressed the calculator key on my keyboard but the calculator app didn't open. It just flashed on the screen. I tried again but no luck. I googled and found this. I re-registered the apps and reboot my computer. Calculator...
  9. Windows Store and Apps Broken/Missing

Windows Store and Apps Broken/Missing: So, a few weeks ago, I started playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on Steam and every time I would exit the game my volume icon and my start button became unclickable. I searched the web for a solution and found a PowerShell solution. It worked, but it only fixed the problem...
  10. UWP Experiences – App Samples

in Windows 10 News
    UWP Experiences – App Samples: The UWP App Experiences are beautiful, cross-device, feature-rich and functional app samples built to demonstrate realistic app scenarios on the UWP platform across PC, Tablet, Xbox and more. Besides being open source on GitHub, each sample is accompanied by at least one blog...