Windows 10: Top Apps

Discus and support Top Apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; One of my PC's decided to wipe itself a few days ago so I reinstalled the very latest version of Win 10 Home. One thing that interested me was the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davefaz, Jul 18, 2019.

1. davefaz Win User

Top Apps

One of my PC's decided to wipe itself a few days ago so I reinstalled the very latest version of Win 10 Home.

One thing that interested me was the new search.

For me at least all the changes are pointless. It smacks tremendously of a bunch of managers trying to come up with ways to change something when it didn't need changing. I actually still prefer the search we had in very old versions of windows before indexing was introduced, but hey, heaven forbid that Microsoft would listen to customers. All they needed to do was add indexing to speed it up, but of course they completely changed the way it functioned in File Explorer. Anyway, back to the latest incarnation, I don't much care about the changes except that Top Apps is just ridiculous. A huge portion of my screen is taken up by something I don't want and really can't see any point in at all. But seems there is no way to disable it. I mean most of the features I managed to disable, but Top Apps is where I fail. I can't find a way to disable it. Has anyone found a way yet?

:)

davefaz, Jul 18, 2019

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Top Apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Top Apps

Slartybart, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Top Apps

1. Top Apps - Similar Threads - Top Apps

2. how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock: you cuntflaps can **** stop showing me bullcock that i specifically turned the **** off in my settings. you fagget **** **** cant do **** for your customers either, apparently. Whatever mod is gonna delete this thread: Go get GANGRAPED up EVERY hole in your WORTHLESS body,...
  3. how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock: you cuntflaps can **** stop showing me bullcock that i specifically turned the **** off in my settings. you fagget **** **** cant do **** for your customers either, apparently. Whatever mod is gonna delete this thread: Go get GANGRAPED up EVERY hole in your WORTHLESS body,...
  4. how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock: I have EVERYTHING turned off yet it acts like it is ALL ON!!!!!!!!!!!!! you fagget **** hoes at microsoft can **** get your goddamn **** the **** together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why the **** are my settings being 100% IGNORED??????????!!!!!!!!!! You cuntflaps could start giving...
  6. how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock

how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock: I have EVERYTHING turned off yet it acts like it is ALL ON!!!!!!!!!!!!! you fagget **** hoes at microsoft can **** get your goddamn **** the **** together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why the **** are my settings being 100% IGNORED??????????!!!!!!!!!! You cuntflaps could start giving...
  7. how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. In the News and Interests app, at the very top not a widget, there appears to be a stock...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In the News and Interests app, at the very top not a widget, there appears to be a stock...: I do not have any money or stock market widgets or topics being covered. I am using Chrome. Clicking on the feed opens a stock market page that shows nothing is being followed. The part I am referring to says, " S&P 500 -0.11%"....
  9. In the News and Interests app, at the very top not a widget, there appears to be a stock...

In the News and Interests app, at the very top not a widget, there appears to be a stock...: I do not have any money or stock market widgets or topics being covered. I am using Chrome. Clicking on the feed opens a stock market page that shows nothing is being followed. The part I am referring to says, " S&P 500 -0.11%"....
  10. Is there any way to hide the top header/toolbar in the Photos app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to hide the top header/toolbar in the Photos app?: I want to hide the top header/toolbar whichever it is called in the Photos app while I am looking at photos in windowed mode, or at least make it transparent. Is there any way to do this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove top apps from search

2. remove top apps in cortana