Windows 10: Top Apps

Discus and support Top Apps in Cortana to solve the problem; How can I edit Top Apps that appear when search is clicked on? At present it shows Kindle and Unistall Kindle, with others I do not use, one is... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by peterprewett, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Top Apps

How can I edit Top Apps that appear when search is clicked on?

At present it shows Kindle and Unistall Kindle, with others I do not use, one is corrupt with missing drivers.

What/who decides what is displayed?

What is the reason for this feature?

Windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.295 on a 64-bit I7 computer

:)

peterprewett, Aug 24, 2019

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Top Apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Top Apps

Slartybart, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Top Apps

1. Top Apps - Similar Threads - Top Apps

2. New windows and apps open on top of the active window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New windows and apps open on top of the active window: It commonly happens that I need to open and excel sheet. This takes up to ten seconds to open, it would be helpful if I could spend these seconds navigating to other windows in windows explorer or typing in a word document. Instead I will get three seconds to do this until...
  3. New windows and apps open on top of the active window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New windows and apps open on top of the active window: It commonly happens that I need to open and excel sheet. This takes up to ten seconds to open, it would be helpful if I could spend these seconds navigating to other windows in windows explorer or typing in a word document. Instead I will get three seconds to do this until...
  4. New windows and apps open on top of the active window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock: you cuntflaps can **** stop showing me bullcock that i specifically turned the **** off in my settings. you fagget **** **** cant do **** for your customers either, apparently. Whatever mod is gonna delete this thread: Go get GANGRAPED up EVERY hole in your WORTHLESS body,...
  6. how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock

how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock: you cuntflaps can **** stop showing me bullcock that i specifically turned the **** off in my settings. you fagget **** **** cant do **** for your customers either, apparently. Whatever mod is gonna delete this thread: Go get GANGRAPED up EVERY hole in your WORTHLESS body,...
  7. how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock: I have EVERYTHING turned off yet it acts like it is ALL ON!!!!!!!!!!!!! you fagget **** hoes at microsoft can **** get your goddamn **** the **** together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why the **** are my settings being 100% IGNORED??????????!!!!!!!!!! You cuntflaps could start giving...
  9. how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock

how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock: I have EVERYTHING turned off yet it acts like it is ALL ON!!!!!!!!!!!!! you fagget **** hoes at microsoft can **** get your goddamn **** the **** together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why the **** are my settings being 100% IGNORED??????????!!!!!!!!!! You cuntflaps could start giving...
  10. how to get my cuntfaced settings to stop showing top apps and other privacy invading bullcock

in Windows 10 Customization