Windows 10: top border of my windows is only in color one window at a time

Discus and support top border of my windows is only in color one window at a time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, for some reason the top border of my windows is only in color one window at a time. it seems that use to all of them had color...what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Case1, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Case1 Win User

top border of my windows is only in color one window at a time

Hey guys, for some reason the top border of my windows is only in color one window at a time. it seems that use to all of them had color...what adjustment do I need to go to so they will all be in color? Here is what I mean.

2016-01-22_1119 - Blessed2trade's library

:)

Case1, Jan 21, 2016

2. On Windows 10 how do I change the Active window border color?

I have the same problem with Windows 10. The color schemes and how they work are inferior to Windows 7. The switch does change the color of the taskbar and start "menu", but it does not change the color of window borders- either active or inactive. My
    Window borders are medium gray or white, depending on the program being used. They don't change between active and inactive. When I have multiple windows open on the screen it is not easy to discern which one is the active window, although it is usually the
    one on top, unless they are side by side.

JonathanGrames, Jan 21, 2016
  3. ArnieCO Win User
    Color personalization affecting other users

Hi All,

I have two users in my Windows 10 Pro laptop, each with its own display personalization - colors, background, etc. - only one with admin rights. The one with no admin rights,
    when logged on, affects the window borders of the admin user with its color configuration. When it logs off the admin border colors comes back to normal.

Any hints on why is this happening?

ArnieCO, Jan 21, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Casey, *Smile

By default, the current active window title bar will show the color while all the inactive windows will just be a white title bar.

The tutorial below can help show you how to change the color of inactive title bars.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jan 21, 2016
  5. Case1 Win User
    Thanks Shawn,

That worked like a charm! Is there a way now that I can get the active bars to be the exact color as the inactive ones? I set the inactive to dodger blue.

Case1, Jan 21, 2016
  6. Case1 Win User
    Never mind, I figured it out lol. I just changed accent color to the same BGR number as inactive and it seemed to work!

Case1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. top border of my windows is only in color one window at a time - Similar Threads - top border color

2. How to disable colored window border ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable colored window border ?: I didn't have this problem until last week-end 16-17 December. Before that, i didn't restart my pc for some time 1 bit less than a week and so decided to restart it. When it finished, there were now those border to windows. As you can see in the picture, the setting "Title...
  3. How to disable colored window border ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable colored window border ?: I didn't have this problem until last week-end 16-17 December. Before that, i didn't restart my pc for some time 1 bit less than a week and so decided to restart it. When it finished, there were now those border to windows. As you can see in the picture, the setting "Title...
  4. How to disable colored window border ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WinUI 3 apps - Why aren't the top borders colored?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WinUI 3 apps - Why aren't the top borders colored?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kianworld [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13a08oa/winui_3_apps_why_arent_the_top_borders_colored/
  6. Annoying colored border at the top of windows applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Annoying colored border at the top of windows applications: [IMG] https://preview.redd.it/13ektx9ul2w31.png?width=883&format=png&auto=webp&s=33ace4ddffeba0aa850f2e4c08170b76ee57ca8b Is there any way to get rid of this colored border at the top? I have windows light theme enabled with borderless windows and it is visible in...
  7. FONT SIZE/COLOR IN BORDER WINDOW

FONT SIZE/COLOR IN BORDER WINDOW: How do I change font size and color of window headings? Example: I open SETTINGS and on top leftof window border it has "Settings, but font is too small. I went to Settings>Personalization> advanced display settings. It shows the specs of my video *resolution, refresh rate...
  8. How do change only the window border color?

How do change only the window border color?: Before the Creators Update, I used a custom accent color that only affected the windows borders. After the update, the color is used for icons as well. [img] What want to know is, how can I change only the border color or stop icons from using the accent color? 98123
  9. colored window borders

colored window borders: Does anyone like the colored borders in W8.1 and the option to change their color? I do and notice W10 does not have that option. Do you think the RTM will bring that back? Thank you. 7878
  10. How to add color to the window borders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to add color to the window borders: Under Windows 10 I don’t know how to add colors to the window borders of applications open, as that makes them easier to spot when I work with several at the same time. Now the frames are all white or grey. Where is the settings dialogue for that? 13525