Windows 10: Top Free Tools for Windows 11

Discus and support Top Free Tools for Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; While Windows 11 has some almighty features built into the operating system, there are some free tools from third parties that enhance the experience.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Mar 12, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Top Free Tools for Windows 11

While Windows 11 has some almighty features built into the operating system, there are some free tools from third parties that enhance the experience. You don’t have to settle for a bland screen with the default settings. You’ll also have some fun functions to play with.

To that end, here are some of the top free tools for Windows 11 that I feel you’ll enjoy. If there are any others you like, please feel free to let us know.

QuickLook

Are you quickly trying to find an image on Windows 11 in your File Explorer, but you’re tired of opening each one? I know the system has small thumbnails, but they don’t always reveal what’s in the file. QuickLook is available if you want quick previews of files. If you want, you can also pin previews, but I don’t know why that would be important. At least the function is available if you need it.

Top Free Tools for Windows 11 quick-look-windows-11-scaled.jpg

7-Zip

Yes, Windows 11 already has a free tool for extracting zipped files, which is such a blessing. However, it’s limited in its functionality. If you want to do more, you can try 7-Zip. It lets you extract from a greater variety of formats, while you can also move files around within a compressed folder.

Top Free Tools for Windows 11 7zip-windows-11-scaled.jpg

NotePad++

The default Windows 11 NotePad is helpful when you need to make quick notes, but reading long lines can become frustrating. With NotePad++, which is a free tool you can install at any time, you’ll have more advanced features to play with. It’s easier on the eyes, and you have proper icons at the top.

Top Free Tools for Windows 11 notepad-plus-plus-windows-11-scaled.jpg

ShareX

There are many easy ways to take a screenshot in Windows 11. Besides the standard Prt Scr button, you also have Windows + G for the game bar. You still need to locate the images or paste them into a program, though. With ShareX, you have a File Explorer window where you can quickly sort and edit your screenshots. What’s more, you can also make GIFs or record your screen with a video.

Top Free Tools for Windows 11 sharex-image.jpg

Lively Wallpaper

This is honestly one of my favorite free tools for Windows 11, and I’m not just saying that for SEO purposes. I actually discovered this one recently and decided to try it out. Lively Wallpaper replaces bland, static images with animated ones. You can even move your mouse to interact with the background.

If you install the Lively Screensaver tool from Github that’s connected to Lively Wallpaper, you’ll have the same effects when your monitor goes to sleep.

Top Free Tools for Windows 11 lively-wallpaper-windows-11.jpg

Fluent Search

Tired of Windows 11 search and File Explorer not being able to find files, images, documents, or other items that you know for sure are on your desktop? Fluent Search may be a better option. There’s little that it can’t find, even game files that are hidden within specific folders that you aren’t meant to be looking in. You can also quickly open and close it with the Ctrl+Alt combination.

Top Free Tools for Windows 11 Fluent-Search-scaled.jpg

Google Drive Desktop

If you save files on Google Drive for later access or collaborating with colleagues, it can become tedious to upload documents to the cloud on your browser. Did you know that you get a Google Drive app for Windows 11? Once you install it, the link will appear in your File Explorer as a new section. From there, you can move and copy files back and forth as you wish while syncing with your account.

Top Free Tools for Windows 11 google-drive-desktop.jpg

BitWarden

It’s so easy for hackers to access your saved passwords on browsers and other places these days. Also, it can be challenging to keep track of user accounts and login details for each site. BitWarden helps you with that hassle. With encrypted storage, you’ll be able to see all of your accounts that you saved and even generate new passwords for them.

Top Free Tools for Windows 11 BitWarden-1-scaled.jpg

Steam

This last item is from this gamer to all my fellow gamers. If you haven’t tried it yet, Steam is free to download and install on Windows 11. Unlike Xbox Games Pass, you don’t need a membership to access thousands of titles. Sure, not all of the games are free, but there are plenty that are or at least have a free demo you can try.

Top Free Tools for Windows 11 Steam-scaled.jpg

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Top Free Tools for Windows 11 appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Mar 12, 2023
  2. Slartybart, Mar 12, 2023
  3. Giletus Win User
    Windows Vista Tools Needed

I am looking for some good reg. cleaner and basic software tools for windows visa that are free? Anyone have and suggestions? *Respect :respect:

Giletus, Mar 12, 2023
  4. Top Free Tools for Windows 11

Need OverClocking Tools.

By OC tools do you mean that will overclock the CPU and ram as well?

If so I suggest either the windows tool that most likely came with the motherboard(if windows is a must)

I honestly suggest you use the BIOS to Oc that PC tho!

sneekypeet, Mar 12, 2023
Thema:

Top Free Tools for Windows 11

1. Top Free Tools for Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Top Free Tools

2. Windows 11 Media Creation tool - free download!!! Is it possible?? Thanks anyway !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Creation tool - free download!!! Is it possible?? Thanks anyway !: I have been tryind to download windows media creation tool but it show up erros .......... What should I do but I have an old media creation tool from last september 2022!! Should I use it to format my ssd????...
  3. Windows 11 Media Creation tool - free download!!! Is it possible?? Thanks anyway !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Media Creation tool - free download!!! Is it possible?? Thanks anyway !: I have been tryind to download windows media creation tool but it show up erros .......... What should I do but I have an old media creation tool from last september 2022!! Should I use it to format my ssd????...
  4. Top AI tools for Programming

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Top AI tools for Programming: The AI Revolution in App Development Once upon a time, app development was like trying to solve a Rubik’s Cube in the dark – possible, but unnecessarily challenging. Fast forward to today, and AI has flipped on the light switch. AI in app development is like having a genie in...
  5. Free Net Monitoring Tools?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Free Net Monitoring Tools?: Hi, we have users within our company who have wireless LTE data purchased from the company. I'd like to know if anyone knows of free software that can be used to monitor with more detail than Windows Data Usage option data usage and which devices are connected to that...
  6. Anime Top List Free

Anime Top List Free: this app was on Xbox and Microsoft stores now its gone i paid for this app and would like to know why its been uninstalled from my hard drives when i plunged them into the series x also how do i get a refund for it as i cant use it any more...
  7. Free disk management tool.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Free disk management tool.: I have a couple things I need to do with the drives I own. I would like to convert a dynamic disk to basic. I also need to extend a drive to an empty volume behind it, hence why I can't do it in the windows tool. Thanks in advance....
  8. desk top tool bars

in Windows 10 Customization
    desk top tool bars: the top bar on my desk top now has a black background with white lettering. Previously it was white light colored with dark print. How do I return that setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top-tool-bars/5dfb55df-9edf-4621-b30e-bc1843f795dc
  9. Free Windows Cleanup Tool

Free Windows Cleanup Tool: Another choice to use over CCleaner if you desire to do so. Download Free Windows Cleanup Tool - MajorGeeks Free Windows Cleanup Tool is a free app with a collection of tools to optimize your PC's performance. Video tutorial available. Free Windows Cleanup Tool has a...
  10. Any free customization tools?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any free customization tools?: Win10 made me finally ditch Linux. But one thing I miss was the ease of customization. Are there any free tools to do this on Windows? I know there's Start10 and all that, but I'd prefer not to shell out cash and have extra software running just to do such a mundane thing as...