Windows 10: Top keys on my Dell XPS13 stopped responding!!

Discus and support Top keys on my Dell XPS13 stopped responding!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Windows team, The top keys on my Dell XPS13 have stopped responding. Am not able to do my regular functions like Volume (up/down/mute), brightness,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VinylG, Dec 6, 2019.

1. VinylG Win User

Top keys on my Dell XPS13 stopped responding!!

Hi Windows team,

The top keys on my Dell XPS13 have stopped responding. Am not able to do my regular functions like Volume (up/down/mute), brightness, keypad backlights, Print screen etc. Some keys like Mute and Brightness up perform random actions like opening new tab or search on page. Other keys are dead.

I saw a 2016 post on this forum talking about this. And moderator Raymond Ave provifing a couple of solutions (like drivers update) and I tried these. NO LUCK. Can you help URGENTLY?

:)

VinylG, Dec 6, 2019

2. Dell xps13

I just got the new Dell skylake xps13 16gb/1tb with touch screen. Has anyone managed to revert to windows 7? I a really struggling with Windows 10 and want to go back to what works.

Thanks
    Thomas

thomasdahl, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Berton Win User
    Dell xps13

2 questions arise concerning the 'revert', one is whether the computer was originally available with Win7, if not there may be no drivers for some of the resources on the motherboard. The other question is about whether you have a Product Key for Win7 or if a copy of Win7 has to be purchased [may be getting harder to find]. Being a new purchase it could be surmised it can't be easily 'reverted' to something not originally installed.

Berton, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Top keys on my Dell XPS13 stopped responding!!

DELL XPS13 Cypress Touchpad issue on Windows 10

Hi everybody,

After Win10 update, when I plug in external USB mouse, Cypress Touchpad on my DELL XPS13 continue to work even if I enable option "Disable Trackpad when USB Mouse is present" on "Dell pointing devices control panel". This was working well on Windows 8.1.

Any suggestion? - I have the latest Cypress driver version, obviously.

Thank you,

Gordan Rancic

GordanRancic, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Top keys on my Dell XPS13 stopped responding!!

1. Top keys on my Dell XPS13 stopped responding!! - Similar Threads - Top keys Dell

2. DELL XPS13 9365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DELL XPS13 9365: DELL XPS13 9365windous11cpuCPUcorei7-7y75CPU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E7%8F%BE%E5%9C%A8dell-xps13/9707010c-9869-4d55-9deb-b5fa0a7ac1bf
  3. DELL XPS13 9365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DELL XPS13 9365: DELL XPS13 9365windous11cpuCPUcorei7-7y75CPU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E7%8F%BE%E5%9C%A8dell-xps13/9707010c-9869-4d55-9deb-b5fa0a7ac1bf
  4. Dell xps13 9310 random shutdown/crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell xps13 9310 random shutdown/crashes: Hi there, long time user of dell's computers but lately finding it really difficult, currently using the xps 13 9310 and the system randomly shuts off / crashes cant tell which, really frustrating as it's out of warranty as well and is properly annoying, I used to simply put...
  5. Dell xps13 9310 random shutdown/crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell xps13 9310 random shutdown/crashes: Hi there, long time user of dell's computers but lately finding it really difficult, currently using the xps 13 9310 and the system randomly shuts off / crashes cant tell which, really frustrating as it's out of warranty as well and is properly annoying, I used to simply put...
  6. my camera fails to start Dell XPS13

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my camera fails to start Dell XPS13: My camera fails to start when I join a Zoom meeting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-fails-to-start-dell-xps13/0751f7cc-a536-4819-9f02-43818f61e702
  7. DELL XPS13 Black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DELL XPS13 Black screen on startup: My laptop starts up to a black screen. If I go into recovery mode and then try to boot in safe mode it doesn’t work. If the mouse shows up on the black screen, control alt delete doesn’t work. I believe this happened because my laptop died in the middle of installing a...
  8. Bitlocker recovery key not found for one of the partition in window10 dell xps13

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key not found for one of the partition in window10 dell xps13: I updated my laptop and it seems update could not finish properly and somehow BitLocker is activated in both partition C and D, I don't know how. Now I have a problem booting my laptop. If it boots properly, it asks for a recovery key and I have a recovery key for C partition...
  9. Dell Touchscreen Stops Responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Touchscreen Stops Responding: Hi All, Just joined the forum to ask this question because you all seem like a knowledgeable group. I updated to Windows 10 just after it came out over the summer, and it worked great for a month or so. Since then, my touch screen has been acting up on my Dell XPS 15 9530....
  10. Dell xps13

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell xps13: I just got the new Dell skylake xps13 16gb/1tb with touch screen. Has anyone managed to revert to windows 7? I a really struggling with Windows 10 and want to go back to what works. Thanks Thomas 35197