Windows 10: top of PDF file when opened by Windows no search within document?

Discus and support top of PDF file when opened by Windows no search within document? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have inserted an image of the top part of the PDF that opens on Windows when I download documents. It does not remotely look like the Adobe one that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by paulaE., Aug 22, 2021.

1. paulaE. Win User

top of PDF file when opened by Windows no search within document?

I have inserted an image of the top part of the PDF that opens on Windows when I download documents. It does not remotely look like the Adobe one that I have on my laptop.Is there NO way to search for something within the document like putting in a name somewhere? On my old laptop that died that had Windows 10 it didn't look like this at the top and you could put in a search.When I save my own documents with Adobe PDF it is normal. with File, edit, etc across the top. Do I need to do something to change the program that is downloading the document. I have NEVER gone through this before. Ever

:)

paulaE., Aug 22, 2021

2. Searching in PDF?

Hey guys, I need to look up a large list of data from a PDF file, basically just to check if each entry of the list is in the pdf. Is there some way to do this without having to check one by one?

ebolamonkey3, Aug 22, 2021
  3. Stevekir Win User
    document search

PDF is listed in the list you show in your post, but not iPDF. However, I seem to be getting better searches, as mentioned in my reply at #7. What is iPDF please? Where can I get it and where do I put it?

Stevekir, Aug 22, 2021
  4. Anna Bon Win User

PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Aug 22, 2021
Thema:

1. top of PDF file when opened by Windows no search within document? - Similar Threads - top PDF file

2. How do I open a pdf file and search for text within that file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I open a pdf file and search for text within that file?: I just bought a new laptop with windows 11 installed. When I double-click on a pdf file, it opens in Microsoft Edge. When I do a cl+f, it can't find the text in the file.I can't find the Adobe Acrobat Reader in the Apple Store. I am unable to find a good free app in the store...
  3. How do I open a pdf file and search for text within that file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I open a pdf file and search for text within that file?: I just bought a new laptop with windows 11 installed. When I double-click on a pdf file, it opens in Microsoft Edge. When I do a cl+f, it can't find the text in the file.I can't find the Adobe Acrobat Reader in the Apple Store. I am unable to find a good free app in the store...
  4. windows explorer stays on top when opening pdf in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows explorer stays on top when opening pdf in Edge: windows explorer stays on top when opening pdf in Edge. I need to minimize it in order to work with the window behind it. Or I can just reset focus back to Edge. the focus changes / stays on Windows explorer when I open a pdf using Edge as the viewer. I have all current...
  5. windows explorer stays on top when opening pdf in Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer stays on top when opening pdf in Edge: windows explorer stays on top when opening pdf in Edge. I need to minimize it in order to work with the window behind it. Or I can just reset focus back to Edge. the focus changes / stays on Windows explorer when I open a pdf using Edge as the viewer. I have all current...
  6. windows explorer stays on top when opening pdf in Edge

7. Search within many PDF's?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search within many PDF's?: Trying to see if I can search within PDF files. Lets say I have 600 individual PDF files. They all have non-descript file names due to automatic file numbering when the data gets produced. Lets say I want to search within this folder and find which PDF file contains "Mary...
  8. Cannot open .pdf documents

Cannot open .pdf documents: Hello, I've used .pdf for years on my computer, I've been using Windows 10 for since it came out. I see on your site that there were earlier problesm like this when it first came out. I've not had this problem before, but starting last week I can't open .pdf files. I get...
  9. Search window opens when I try "print" to a pdf file

Search window opens when I try "print" to a pdf file: For some time, Windows 10's Search function has been behaving in a totally wacky way. Explorer gets STUCK in "search" mode for no good reason. example: I print a file to .pdf, and rather than opening a "save" window from which to choose where to save the file, the computer...
  10. Saved Documents within File Explorer will not open

Saved Documents within File Explorer will not open: Help, I have a Windows 10 operating system on a Lenovo YOGA 730-13 Laptop. I also have OneDrive both personal and from Work. Currently, I save several types of documents Word, Excel, PPT, etc. within folders that I have created and placed on my Desktop. The Problem:...