Windows 10: top right WinEx controls unresponsive to mouse clicks

Discus and support top right WinEx controls unresponsive to mouse clicks in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The windows of most 'programs' have three or more controls in the top right corner. The left mouse of my Toshiba laptop with Win10 version 1607 has no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sebastian42, Nov 28, 2016.

1. top right WinEx controls unresponsive to mouse clicks

The windows of most 'programs' have three or more controls in the top right corner. The left mouse of my Toshiba laptop with Win10 version 1607 has no effect in clicking on them. If I want to close a window, I have to click on the File Menu and choose EXIT. How to cure this ?

:)

Sebastian42, Nov 28, 2016
  2. JerryMc41 Win User

Unresponsive Mouse Clicks

Recently mouse clicks (sometimes both left and right clicks) will not respond. This appears to be an occasional problem but can be an almost constant problem. I have 3 HID-compliant mouse drivers running concurrently according to the device manager and
    if I disable any of them, the mouse pointer freezes on the screen. I am using a Dell 64bit desktop and Windows 10. The mouse is a Microsoft optical mouse (with the red led) and most of the time works OK.

JerryMc41, Nov 28, 2016
  3. JerryMc41 Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse Clicks

Step 1 found some drivers (other than mouse) missing and I went ahead and updated them.

Step 2 found the 42MB Mouse and Keyboard driver(s) for my version 2 basic optical mouse and I think I'm in business however time will tell.

If I have any further difficulty I will check back with you. Thanks for your assistance!

Jerry

JerryMc41, Nov 28, 2016
Thema:

top right WinEx controls unresponsive to mouse clicks

1. top right WinEx controls unresponsive to mouse clicks - Similar Threads - top right WinEx

2. right clicking causes the mouse to be locked in the top left corner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right clicking causes the mouse to be locked in the top left corner: Whenever I open a game right clicking and/or holding with causes the mouse to lock in the top corner, the results were entertaining for about 2 minutes but now I can't get it not to trigger while playing games. additionally, the computer can't figure out where to boot from...
  3. right clicking causes the mouse to be locked in the top left corner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right clicking causes the mouse to be locked in the top left corner: Whenever I open a game right clicking and/or holding with causes the mouse to lock in the top corner, the results were entertaining for about 2 minutes but now I can't get it not to trigger while playing games. additionally, the computer can't figure out where to boot from...
  4. right click of mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click of mouse: HiMy Windows 11 restarts Windows Explorer when I right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-of-mouse/736234a2-1dff-4a29-85d3-50d469695400
  5. right click of mouse

right click of mouse: HiMy Windows 11 restarts Windows Explorer when I right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-of-mouse/736234a2-1dff-4a29-85d3-50d469695400
  6. Clicks in Bottom Right Corner Unresponsive

Clicks in Bottom Right Corner Unresponsive: Just recently, the bottom right corner of my desktop ~4 inches wide, ~1 inch tall has become unresponsive from a mouse click. The taskbar works fine, however. When I'm out in desktop, I can't even click & drag my mouse in that section to select a group. This is actually...
  7. Clicks in Bottom Right Corner Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicks in Bottom Right Corner Unresponsive: Just recently, the bottom right corner of my desktop ~4 inches wide, ~1 inch tall has become unresponsive from a mouse click. The taskbar works fine, however. When I'm out in desktop, I can't even click & drag my mouse in that section to select a group. This is actually...
  8. Right Mouse Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Mouse Click: Hi, I'm used to right-clicking while installing a program and then AS Administrator to run the installation.Now when I click on my right mouse button in Windows 11, the program always disappears?Can anything be done about this, please?...
  9. taskbar unresponsive, can't right click on it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    taskbar unresponsive, can't right click on it: I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed, the task bar is unresponsive when I log in and I'm unable to access settings, Please help me submitted by /u/thebodmon [link] [comments]...
  10. Right mouse click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right mouse click: I have a microsoft keyboard and mouse connected via USB. The right mouse click no longer works on my mouse?? How do I fix - I have followed a number of articles but nothing has worked...