Windows 10: Top Row of Keyboard (volume and brightness buttons etc.) not working correctly

Discus and support Top Row of Keyboard (volume and brightness buttons etc.) not working correctly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2 and recently my top row of buttons has been working incorrectly. For example, when I try to turn my volume up it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CaitMitt, Sep 7, 2019.

1. CaitMitt Win User

Top Row of Keyboard (volume and brightness buttons etc.) not working correctly

I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2 and recently my top row of buttons has been working incorrectly. For example, when I try to turn my volume up it opens up my internet search bar. When I try and turn my volume down it asks me if I sure I want to leave the current page, and when I try and turn the brightness down it opens a new webpage for Microsoft edge support. I have tired to go run the keyboard troubleshooting option but every time I try to press the button the following message appears:

Top Row of Keyboard (volume and brightness buttons etc.) not working correctly 67a67462-f650-4ff5-a1a0-d0cd0f86a023?upload=true.png

I would appreciate help trying to fix this problem.

Thank you in advance

:)

CaitMitt, Sep 7, 2019

2. the top row is not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better understand your query, please reply:

1. What do you mean by "top row not working" not working? Are you referring to keyboard top row keys?

I would suggest you to go to the safe mode and see if the problem persists.

To go to Safe mode follow the steps below:

• Click on Windows key, and in the Power Options click on Restart while pressing the shift key.

• A blue screen will appear with a few options.

Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Settings > Startup Settings > Restart.

• Your system will automatically restart, press 4 or F4 key to go to the Safe Mode.
    Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 7, 2019
  3. The top keys of my keyboard like volume and brightness don't work

The top keys of my keyboard like volume brightness etc. don't work and they sometimes do other things that I don't get and I have Microsoft 10

Original title: top keyboard keys

AudeLambot, Sep 7, 2019
  4. bisa12 Win User

the top row is not working

hi. yes I mean the keyboard's top row ( f1, f2...) i used to control the volume and rightness, and it doesn't respond any more.. and that still exist in the safe mode

bisa12, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Top Row of Keyboard (volume and brightness buttons etc.) not working correctly - Similar Threads - Top Row Keyboard

2. Windows 10 brightness and volume keys on keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 brightness and volume keys on keyboard: I have Windows 10 on my computer, and I would like to use my keyboard to adjust the brightness and the volume. I am unable to find a way to make them work on my keyboard. Is there anyway to turn it on?...
  3. The keyboard does not work correctly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The keyboard does not work correctly.: Hi, Windows 10 was updated and I could not find a solution to configure the keyboard. I already tried with FN + num and the other possible combinations plus add language but nothing helps me....
  4. Brightness buttons stopped working Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness buttons stopped working Win10: Hello. I have an HP Laptop (HP EliteBook 840 G5) running win10 enterprise. My Fn f3-f4 of the brightness control stopped working after an update. when my computer was new i had this issue, and after a lot of error and trial it appeared i needed an Intel driver of chipset...
  5. volume control topped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    volume control topped working: How can I get my volume icon in the notification area to work again? Right now, when I click on the speaker icon, nothing happens. This just started today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-control-topped-working/b4afbe13-5eb3-4b39-beba-7ec79a2ec5e9
  6. Volume buttons are not working

Volume buttons are not working: For some reason when i turned my PC on and went on YouTube, I tried turning my volume up and it didn't work. All the other buttons on my keyboard work, except for those three. The mute, lower volume, and higher volume buttons. I need help....
  7. My Volume and brightness buttons are not working how do I fix this?

My Volume and brightness buttons are not working how do I fix this?: My entire F keys are not working I have to hold the Fn button in order to lower the brightness of my screen and too lower the volume....
  8. Brightness buttons not working

Brightness buttons not working: Hello, I have hp elite laptop bought recently. Lately i recieved an update due to which my brightness controls and brightness buttons on keyboard have stopped working. I was not able to change brightness thru battery settings either. After updating display driver a few...
  9. volume button on keyboard not working

volume button on keyboard not working: I don't know anything about computers. I just got my laptop back after it being stuck in a different country for a month, i don't know if they touche it or what. but anyway. any time i press the volume button on my keyboard which are on the f10-f12 keys all it does it **** up...
  10. Can no longer use volume/brightness/skip song buttons on my keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Can no longer use volume/brightness/skip song buttons on my keyboard: Hello! I upgraded about a month ago. My laptop locked me out entirely shortly after the upgrade so I had to take it to be wiped clean. When I got it back everything was in working order with Windows 10 except the top row of keys that control volume, brightness and the ability...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn the brightness higher and lower

2. windows will not use top row keyboard

3. windows top row buttons locked