Windows 10: Top Row of Keyboard (volume and brightness buttons etc.) not working correctly

Discus and support Top Row of Keyboard (volume and brightness buttons etc.) not working correctly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2 and recently my top row of buttons has been working incorrectly. For example, when I try to turn my volume up it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CaitMitt, Sep 7, 2019.

1. CaitMitt Win User

Top Row of Keyboard (volume and brightness buttons etc.) not working correctly

I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2 and recently my top row of buttons has been working incorrectly. For example, when I try to turn my volume up it opens up my internet search bar. When I try and turn my volume down it asks me if I sure I want to leave the current page, and when I try and turn the brightness down it opens a new webpage for Microsoft edge support. I have tired to go run the keyboard troubleshooting option but every time I try to press the button the following message appears:

Top Row of Keyboard (volume and brightness buttons etc.) not working correctly 67a67462-f650-4ff5-a1a0-d0cd0f86a023?upload=true.png

I would appreciate help trying to fix this problem.

Thank you in advance

:)

CaitMitt, Sep 7, 2019

2. the top row is not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better understand your query, please reply:

1. What do you mean by "top row not working" not working? Are you referring to keyboard top row keys?

I would suggest you to go to the safe mode and see if the problem persists.

To go to Safe mode follow the steps below:

• Click on Windows key, and in the Power Options click on Restart while pressing the shift key.

• A blue screen will appear with a few options.

Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Settings > Startup Settings > Restart.

• Your system will automatically restart, press 4 or F4 key to go to the Safe Mode.
    Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 7, 2019
  3. The top keys of my keyboard like volume and brightness don't work

The top keys of my keyboard like volume brightness etc. don't work and they sometimes do other things that I don't get and I have Microsoft 10

Original title: top keyboard keys

AudeLambot, Sep 7, 2019
  4. bisa12 Win User

the top row is not working

hi. yes I mean the keyboard's top row ( f1, f2...) i used to control the volume and rightness, and it doesn't respond any more.. and that still exist in the safe mode

bisa12, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Top Row of Keyboard (volume and brightness buttons etc.) not working correctly - Similar Threads - Top Row Keyboard

2. The top row of my keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The top row of my keyboard not working: Q, W, E, R, U, I, O and P: not workingT and Y: working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-top-row-of-my-keyboard-not-working/123d311a-1e3a-4a72-9a7c-4a8de546363c
  3. The top row of my keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The top row of my keyboard not working: Q, W, E, R, U, I, O and P: not workingT and Y: working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-top-row-of-my-keyboard-not-working/123d311a-1e3a-4a72-9a7c-4a8de546363c
  4. The top row of my keyboard does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    The top row of my keyboard does not work: My number keys on my keyboard do not work and neither do the symbols. The dash and equals keys do not work either, but the tilde and backspace do not work. I do not believe it is a hardware issue. For context, I have a Razer Cynosta and only this keyboard is having this...
  5. VOLUME BUTTONS ON KEYBOARD NOT WORKING

VOLUME BUTTONS ON KEYBOARD NOT WORKING: For some reason now when I press F1 F2 or F3 to adjust the volume it doesn't work anymore. F1 brings me to the Microsoft Edge page and F2 and F3 open a small search window. How do I get the buttons to default to volume control again and how could this have changed on it's...
  6. Top Row of Keyboard Not Working

Top Row of Keyboard Not Working: My top row of my keyboard isn't working. The keys from the top left "Esc" to the top right "Del" are all not working. I cannot change my brightness or sound levels and when I press the keys, it randomly opens up google help etc. I have tried numerous things with the device...
  7. Top-left volume and brightness adjustment missing.

Top-left volume and brightness adjustment missing.: I don't have any audio driver making this problem, I just switched into a Radeon RX Vega graphics card and the OSD just vanished. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/top-left-volume-and-brightness-adjustment-missing/d8bf497d-4124-4b18-b6f5-266bf5285881
  8. Top row of keys not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Top row of keys not working: So i picked up an ASUS 15 flip and i noticed the keys along the top like volume, brightness, etc dont work. They do work if i hold Fn though. In device manager it says my keyboard drivers are up to date. Nothing has changed before or after Windows was done updating. Pressing...
  9. Brightness buttons not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness buttons not working: Hello, I have hp elite laptop bought recently. Lately i recieved an update due to which my brightness controls and brightness buttons on keyboard have stopped working. I was not able to change brightness thru battery settings either. After updating display driver a few...
  10. volume button on keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    volume button on keyboard not working: I don't know anything about computers. I just got my laptop back after it being stuck in a different country for a month, i don't know if they touche it or what. but anyway. any time i press the volume button on my keyboard which are on the f10-f12 keys all it does it **** up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn the brightness higher and lower

2. top row of buttons doesnt work

3. top row of keys for volume brightness

4. pc keyboard top row not changing volume,
  5. windows will not use top row keyboard,
  6. windows top row buttons locked