Windows 10: Top Win 10 Feature Killing Battery Life of Microsoft’s Ultimate Laptop

Discus and support Top Win 10 Feature Killing Battery Life of Microsoft’s Ultimate Laptop in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Surface Book and SP4 now suffering from fast battery drain The Surface Book started shipping last week, so the first customers who... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Top Win 10 Feature Killing Battery Life of Microsoft’s Ultimate Laptop

Top Win 10 Feature Killing Battery Life of Microsoft’s Ultimate Laptop [​IMG]

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/top-w...p-495618.shtml

:)

Cluster Head, Nov 1, 2015

2. Fan running non-stop since Windows 10 installation

I'd bet you if you killed all the chromes and waited for about 60 seconds of baseline idle, your fan would quiet down. It's also

killing your battery life
    , just ask
    Forbes
    or
    LifeHacker
    . I know the Verge reported that Google was
    going to fix this
    , because Google even
    confirmed the issue to PC World
    . But as of right now, it's a still a problem with Chrome on Windows 10.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Nov 1, 2015
  3. Battery Meter in Windows 10 Averages Actively Discharging Battery & fully charged second battery in laptop

My name is not Charles. Why would you assume so?

Anyway, it looks like the Win 8 battery meter displays the same information, but just not in as nice graphics as the Win 10 version. Both average both battery percentages together for the large high font size text at the top of the window

then show the battery percentages for battery 1 and battery 2.

Why someone at Microsoft assumed that averaging two battery life percentages left is a worthwhile or meaningful number is the real issue. It certainly is not and apparently the Api emits the average, as I have a lenovo modern app that shows the battery
    life percentage, but it is the average.

As I said, since most laptops discharge one battery close to completely before auto switching to the second battery, it is stupid to average a decreasing percentage with 100%, as this is not meaningful.

The programmer should have taken the percentage life left of only the active battery in use, with some notation perhaps that there is a secondary battery of x percentage.

charlestek, Nov 1, 2015
Thema:

Top Win 10 Feature Killing Battery Life of Microsoft’s Ultimate Laptop

1. Top Win 10 Feature Killing Battery Life of Microsoft’s Ultimate Laptop - Similar Threads - Top Feature Killing

2. New windows 11 update killed battery life

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New windows 11 update killed battery life: Hello,i have recently downloaded the newest windows 11 update and my laptop's battery life plumetted from about 5 hours to just under 1 i have followed every tip i have found online and it barely extended te capacity to 1h15 minutes....
  3. New windows 11 update killed battery life

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New windows 11 update killed battery life: Hello,i have recently downloaded the newest windows 11 update and my laptop's battery life plumetted from about 5 hours to just under 1 i have followed every tip i have found online and it barely extended te capacity to 1h15 minutes....
  4. Battery life with Win 11 is terrible!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery life with Win 11 is terrible!: The battery of my ASUS is emptied in just over an hour. With Win 10 I got in excess of 8 hours. It was suggested that my drivers might be to blame. I have checked and updated my drivers.NOW it still discharges too quickly but ALSO will not charge to any more then 79%.This is...
  5. Battery life with Win 11 is terrible!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery life with Win 11 is terrible!: The battery of my ASUS is emptied in just over an hour. With Win 10 I got in excess of 8 hours. It was suggested that my drivers might be to blame. I have checked and updated my drivers.NOW it still discharges too quickly but ALSO will not charge to any more then 79%.This is...
  6. Laptop battery life

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop battery life: My laptop stays always stay at around 28%. How can I move it higher up so that it will last longer without the power cord ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery-life/5e177013-db27-417b-b84b-b9a71ae490a6
  7. Optimizing battery life on a Windows 10 laptop

Optimizing battery life on a Windows 10 laptop: Just like the topic says, how do I do this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optimizing-battery-life-on-a-windows-10-laptop/77809a06-eb46-4b5f-84a4-cd2666f4dc15
  8. Microsoft update killed my laptop battery life

Microsoft update killed my laptop battery life: Does anyone know a fix or how to revert to the previous version of windows you had. I have a razer blade 15 and just got it back from razer having them fix battery life issues. It came back how I expected it to, with around 5 or so hours of battery life doing things such as...
  9. laptop battery life

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop battery life: If I am using my laptop mostly as a desktop, will it hurt my battery's overall lifetime if I leave it plugged in almost continuously? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery-life/aafec315-5acc-4837-b7f4-8671c54841c7
  10. battery life

battery life: what is the approx. life of the battery in my HP ENVY x360 touchsmart laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/782d5872-5675-4c2f-8ea6-ebed16048580