Windows 10: Tops of applications missing Ribbons - see screenshot

Discus and support Tops of applications missing Ribbons - see screenshot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have a user who has this happen periodically. Usually closing the apps and re-opening them resolves this. So far this has happened in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pacca480, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Pacca480 Win User

Tops of applications missing Ribbons - see screenshot

Tops of applications missing Ribbons - see screenshot 860c98fa-bbc1-4736-aa24-00d43dead628?upload=true.png

I have a user who has this happen periodically. Usually closing the apps and re-opening them resolves this.

So far this has happened in chrome, firefox, word, and Adobe reader. If closing/opening them doesnt work, we usually restart. the problem goes away for a week or two then comes back. I confirmed there are no video updates available. Just shy of resetting windows and starting fresh, which in this situation would be the absolute last resort as this user has quite the bit of software installed. Any suggestions that i can try to resolve this?

:)

Pacca480, Feb 26, 2020
  2. mrgeek Win User

Missing Explorer Ribbon.

"maybe it was never there on install and didn't take notice..."

99.9% unlikely. Ribbon not there in this screenshot. Click the drop down on top and uncheck where I have 'minimize ribbon' and it will show at top.

Tops of applications missing Ribbons - see screenshot [​IMG]

mrgeek, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Martmcd Win User
    File Explorer - ribbon went missing

Hi RobinRobinson4

first try F11, this toggles full screen mode, if it makes it worse press F11 again

if that didn't help look in the top right corner for a ? in a circle, to the left of that is a downward pointing chevron, click that to display the ribbon.

if the problem is still present please post a screenshot as Dave suggested.

Martmcd, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Tops of applications missing Ribbons - see screenshot

Ribbon missing in the task explorer, the libraries and also the text which appears on the title bar are also missing.

Hi Ajeeth,

Please let us know the troubleshooting steps that you have performed to assist you better.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

To Show Ribbon in File Explorer for Your Account from QAT. Right click or press and hold on an empty area of the Ribbon tab bar, and click/tap on Minimize the Ribbon to check it. (see screenshot below)

Tops of applications missing Ribbons - see screenshot [​IMG]

Let us know the status of the issue in regards with file explorer. Your reply is most important assist you further. Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Tops of applications missing Ribbons - see screenshot

1. Tops of applications missing Ribbons - see screenshot - Similar Threads - Tops applications missing

2. Missing screenshots

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing screenshots: Hi, guys,For a certain period of time my default Screenshots folder was not existing. I was making screenshots during this period. Can you tell me where they have been saved? And, is it possible that they weren't saved during this period and are simply lost forever never...
  3. Missing screenshots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing screenshots: Hi, guys,For a certain period of time my default Screenshots folder was not existing. I was making screenshots during this period. Can you tell me where they have been saved? And, is it possible that they weren't saved during this period and are simply lost forever never...
  4. Missing screenshots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Missing application ribbons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing application ribbons: We are a team of 12 people running Office 365. In the office we are connected to a server but also have remote access through a RDP connection. One of the users has issues with the application header/ribbon disappearing and this happens both in the office on her desktop PC...
  6. Missing application ribbons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing application ribbons: We are a team of 12 people running Office 365. In the office we are connected to a server but also have remote access through a RDP connection. One of the users has issues with the application header/ribbon disappearing and this happens both in the office on her desktop PC...
  7. Missing application ribbons

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Screenshots missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshots missing: To start off, i looked at this forum question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-screenshots-folder/fa0a6e55-df08-491f-abad-18141386279a?page=1, but when i got to the point where i had to use the third file the one with...
  9. Screenshots are missing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screenshots are missing?: [ATTACH] Not sure what happened? But my computer froze while using Windows Ink Workspace while editing a screenshot and now all my screenshots are missing. The screenshots folder is empty and when I went to search for a screenshot, it was replaced with this. Please help....
  10. Missing Explorer Ribbon.

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Explorer Ribbon.: I have no explorer ribbon and not sure what happened to it. Been rather busy lately with other things, so maybe it was never there on install and didn't take notice... not sure. I just know it's not there now. Any help greatly appreciated. 115512