Windows 10: Tops of browser windows cut off

Discus and support Tops of browser windows cut off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is happening with ALL my browsers. Chrome, Firefox, Edge. It's also happening to my windows settings screens and Windows explorer. No other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by keithrh, Feb 7, 2019.

1. keithrh Win User

Tops of browser windows cut off

This is happening with ALL my browsers. Chrome, Firefox, Edge. It's also happening to my windows settings screens and Windows explorer. No other programs. Not Outlook, not Word, not Excel, not Visual Studio, nothing else that I know of. I'm running a fully updated version of 64 bit Windows 10 Pro. I have 32 GB RAM, loads of SSD and HDD space. It's not a resources issue. I'm a database developer. I built this machine less than a year ago. I'm running dual monitors. It only happens on the main monitor. When I start up my computer in the morning it's all good. But sometimes, maybe 2 or 3 times per week for the last couple months, the tops of my browsers are cut off when maximized on the main monitor. When restored they are fine, even if I move the window all the way to the top (I have the edge grabbing nonsense turned off and it's been off since I built this). If I maximize them on the 2nd monitor they are fine. If I reboot, things go back to normal, sometimes for days. Has anyone encountered this? It's very odd and incredibly frustrating.

(I'm not sure if this is really the right forum for this, none of the topics really fit my issue very well)

Thanks,

Keith

This shows Chrome cut off when maximized. The desktop doesn't show through but if you know where things are on the desktop you can get at them under the black band:

Tops of browser windows cut off 874eeb1f-d8f1-45c2-9e8e-5558993ed76c?upload=true.jpg

This shows Chrome not cut off when not maximized:

Tops of browser windows cut off 988051fe-c62d-403a-861d-eec377acc640?upload=true.jpg

This is the settings screen cut off when maximized and as you can see in this case the desktop shows through (I blurred the icons on the desktop):

Tops of browser windows cut off bd64af3d-8b07-4475-b90c-68de93695242?upload=true.jpg

This shows the settings screen not cut off when not maximized:

Tops of browser windows cut off 953b0446-41d9-4f2d-8c9e-21a2c3155936?upload=true.jpg

:)

keithrh, Feb 7, 2019
  2. BobbiC. Win User

The top of everything is cut off

Everything from my desktop items at the top to "All" my browser windows are all cut off at the top. This just recently started happening, yesterday or the day before (March 22nd or 23rd - 2016). For instance, my recycling bin is located at the very top,
    left corner. That is how I first noticed this problem. I noticed the very top of the recycling bin was cut off and before it wasn't. It looks like it's been cut into with only the middle of the icon down showing and the middle of it on up are cut off. All
    web browsers appear the same way when on full window view. The very top of the browser windows are cut off now.

I haven't done nothing to cause this (i haven't installed any new software). So I assume it must of been some recent windows 10 upgrade that is causing this. I have "After" this started to re-size the appearance of everything but no matter what size I make
    them (text, icons, browser setting, desktop) everything still shows with the top cut off.

This is very annoying when I want to go to full screen and then I have to guess where the lower to taskbar or minimize, or close window buttons are. Often when I am on full window view and try to minimize it back I end up closing it instead because I can't
    see the top and have to guess where the buttons are.

Like I said, I didn't do nothing. This all just started with in the last day or two and is very annoying!

[update]

I just took a screen shot with my my browser at full screen thinking I would show you what I was talking about. But when I viewed the screen shot everything looked like it was supposed to look. In the image I can see all the buttons, but open my browser
    again to full window and everything is still appearing with the top cut off. Why is it that what I see and a screen shot sees are 2 different things?

Like I said above, I tried to re-size everything to readjust it but that was "After" this problem started happening and nothing I could do to re-size the appearance worked. Doesn't matter if I set everything to the smallest setting, or to the largest setting.
    Everything still has it's top cut off unless I take a screen shot, then the browser buttons shows otherwise they don't.

[Last update]

Ok I finally figured it out..geezzsh lol

I do remember something did happen the other day. I was moving the monitor back and I remember I accidentally hit one of the monitor buttons. Well just now I went through every button on it and i don't know what button it's called but it readjust some settings
    in it and everything went back to the way it used to be.

Now "ALL" my top's are showing again (Thank God)

Wished I would of thought of that sooner before making this post lol

BobbiC., Feb 7, 2019
  3. Slartybart, Feb 7, 2019
  4. coexist8 Win User

top of browser pages hidden - chrome and edge

Running windows 10 - using edge and chrome browsers

Top of browser page disappears so navigation bar is not accessible. I've tried resetting the browser apps and that works for a while, but then the top of the page disappears again. It actually cuts off part of the page as well as the nav bar.

coexist8, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Tops of browser windows cut off - Similar Threads - Tops browser cut

2. monitor display cut off at top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitor display cut off at top: My monitor screen cuts off the top of my screen. There is a dark line at the top of the screen running across the entire width. In all my browsers it cuts off the top drop down navigation menu. On my desktop screen I see the same line. I've searched online for solutions...
  3. monitor display cut off at top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor display cut off at top: My monitor screen cuts off the top of my screen. There is a dark line at the top of the screen running across the entire width. In all my browsers it cuts off the top drop down navigation menu. On my desktop screen I see the same line. I've searched online for solutions...
  4. Printer cuts off top of document

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer cuts off top of document: Suddenly, everything I print starts at the top of the page. There is no top margin. What does print is missing the top few lines of text. The print preview is fine and the margins are set a 1". I've switched to a different printer with the same result. I've removed and...
  5. SHORT CUT TO DESK TOP

SHORT CUT TO DESK TOP: How do I create shortcut to desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/short-cut-to-desk-top/d32c9919-a3be-4ee4-b6df-e13b275f3d10
  6. Edge Cuts Off Top of Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Cuts Off Top of Screen: MSFT Edge cuts off the top part of the screen for some pages of course the ones I need. I have tried the Control + Shift + Windows + B and that only makes a ping sound without resolving the issue. Help appreciated...
  7. browsers cut off at the bottom

in Browsers and Email
    browsers cut off at the bottom: Has anyone seen this? [img] I get a solid white "bar" at the bottom of my screen when using Firefox, and it persists when scrolling. It blocks whatever content is there unless I keep scrolling but when I get to the bottom of the webpage and I can't keep scrolling, I can't...
  8. top of browser in windows is cut off and toolbar not showen anywhere

top of browser in windows is cut off and toolbar not showen anywhere: This is happening with ALL my browsers. Chrome, Firefox, Edge. It's also happening to my windows settings screens and Windows explorer. The toolbar is all so not being showen any where ? No matter what i try i can not find the toolbar or repair the browsers being cut off at...
  9. Windows 10 cut off the top (sometimes the bottom) of the screen.

Windows 10 cut off the top (sometimes the bottom) of the screen.: Hello everyone! I have a problem with the Windows 10. It seems it cuts off the top of the screen when I put a window into fullscreen. Its really annoying and I know I can reset the video driver by a key, but its not a solution. I linked a picutre what happening. I have an...
  10. Top of the window gets cut off

Top of the window gets cut off: I got a problem that keeps appearing sometimes when i maximize my windows in windows 10. It looks like this: [ATTACH] How can i solve this? I'm running a dual screen setup and windows 10....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. top of browser cut off

2. browser screen cut off at the top? crtl

3. browser window getting cut off

4. top of web browser cut off,
  5. screen top cut off when browing,
  6. why is the top of my web browser cut off,
  7. browser window cut off at top in windows 10,
  8. browser top cut off,
  9. top of browser cutoff,
  10. Tops of browser windows cut off,
  11. tops of files cut off windows,