Windows 10: Tor browser error: 0xc000000d

Discus and support Tor browser error: 0xc000000d in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Tor browser was working well for me, but after installing Firefox Developer Edition 64bit browser, ‎I've got a problem when I open Tor browser and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hisham, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Hisham Win User

Tor browser error: 0xc000000d

Hi,
    Tor browser was working well for me, but after installing Firefox Developer Edition 64bit browser, ‎I've got a problem when I open Tor browser and it does not work as I get this message:

Tor browser error: 0xc000000d [​IMG]

‎I also deleted the Firefox Developer Edition 64bit browser, deleted Tor and installed it again and stopped the security program but I still got the same problem.

I hope that you can help me resolve this problem.

Thank you.*Smile

Windows: 10 home 64bit
    Security program: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2016

:)

Hisham, Aug 1, 2015

2. Making Tor Browser as default browser and configuring VPN (Windows 10)

It didn't work.

This is what I did.

I uninstalled Tor Browser and reinstalled it. When prompted to ask where to save it, I saved it here. C:/Users/Hewlett/AppData/Local/Tor Browser/Browser/firefox.exe

So all the files that comes with the installation of Tor Browser bundle are in AppData/Local.

Then. I opened Notepad, copy-pasted the contents and changed the path as instructed from C:\\Users\\MyUser\\AppData\\Local\\Tor Browser\\Browser\\firefox.exe to C:\\Users\\Hewlett\\AppData\\Local\\Tor Browser\\Browser\\firefox.exe

(Note: The line that I changed actually says "C:\\Users\\MyUser\\AppData\\Local\\Tor Browser\\Browser\\firefox.exe,0" so I changed it to "C:\\Users\\Hewlett\\AppData\\Local\\Tor Browser\\Browser\\firefox.exe,0"

I saved it using the extension .reg. Afterwards, I double-clicked the icon of the reg file hopingto run it. I restarted my computer hoping that it works.

But still, Tor Browser was not in the list of "set as default programs".

NOTE: These are the contents that I copy-pasted. (Beginning from the line that says "Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00")

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Infamous capabilities:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tor Browser\Capabilities]

"ApplicationDescription"="Tor Browser - Anonymity Online"

"ApplicationIcon"="C:\\Users\\MyUser\\AppData\\Local\\Tor Browser\\Browser\\firefox.exe,0"

"ApplicationName"="Tor Browser"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tor Browser\Capabilities\FileAssociations]

".htm"="TorBrowserURL"

".html"="TorBrowserURL"

".shtml"="TorBrowserURL"

".xht"="TorBrowserURL"

".xhtml"="TorBrowserURL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tor Browser\Capabilities\URLAssociations]

"ftp"="TorBrowserURL"

"http"="TorBrowserURL"

"https"="TorBrowserURL"

; Register to Default Programs

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\RegisteredApplications]

"Tor Browser"="Software\\Tor Browser\\Capabilities"

; TorBrowserURL HANDLER:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\TorBrowserURL]

@="Tor Browser Document"

"FriendlyTypeName"="Tor Browser Document"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\TorBrowserURL\shell]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\TorBrowserURL\shell\open]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\TorBrowserURL\shell\open\command]

@="\"C:\\Users\\MyUser\\AppData\\Local\\Tor Browser\\Browser\\firefox.exe\" -osint -url \"%1\""

Hewlett Packard III, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Making Tor Browser as default browser and configuring VPN (Windows 10)

In order for the Tor browser to appear in Default Programs or Default Apps listing, it needs to be "registered" with Default Programs manually. See:

Setting Tor Browser as default browser in Windows - Tor Stack Exchange

Setting Tor Browser as default browser in Windows

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Tor browser error: 0xc000000d

1. Tor browser error: 0xc000000d - Similar Threads - Tor browser error

2. Downloading Tor Browser, Baidu Browser or Colibri Browser, going to Storage in Settings...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading Tor Browser, Baidu Browser or Colibri Browser, going to Storage in Settings...: Hi, I do not want to download Tor Browser or another browser that is not Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera, Brave or IE 11 Internet Explorer 11.Does downloading Colibri or Lunascape Browser make changing value to system apps to throw me a window with this message: 'Extended...
  3. How to set Tor as a default browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to set Tor as a default browser?: I'm trying to set Tor as my default browser in Windows 10 (NOT for illegal purposes JUST for privacy). But when I get to the menu for selecting a default browser in the default apps section Tor does not appear. Any guesses on how to fix that? submitted by /u/Radi_BG...
  4. Error code 0xc000000d Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error code 0xc000000d Help: My pc was running fine, i restarted it and when it turned back on i got “Recovery, the operating system couldn’t be loaded because a system driver i missing.” Checked all over and have found 0 solutions, any are welcome. submitted by /u/Digilavante [link] [comments]...
  5. Tor Browser - download from Github as Tor project server down

in Browsers and Email
    Tor Browser - download from Github as Tor project server down: Hi folks Tor project site seems to be down at the moment (Thur approx 14.00 CET) --however Tor can still be downloaded from GITHUB Cheers jimbo 134159
  6. Error 0xc000000d

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0xc000000d: I have win10 dell laptop Not have any installation disc Laptop had came with win7 home basic initially and then upgraded I want solution which doesn't include formatting disc. This appears at startup of laptop[IMG]...
  7. Windows 10 Error Code 0xc000000d

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Error Code 0xc000000d: This issue started with a simple bootloop issue for some unknown reasons after[IMG] sleep mode of my laptop. Now I tried startup repair, it didn't solve it. Tried system restore, success but bootloop is still constant. Tried reset (Keep Files option), success but when...
  8. Error code 0xc000000d

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code 0xc000000d: i am receiving the error "your pc needs to be repaired. Error code 0xc000000d. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0xc000000d/b3de9808-afc8-42fc-b902-1349993481ff
  9. New Release of Tor Browser 8.0

in Windows 10 News
    New Release of Tor Browser 8.0: For the past year, we have been collecting feedback on how we can make Tor Browser work better for you. Tor Browser 8.0, our first stable release based on Firefox 60 ESR, is now available from the Tor Browser Project page and also from our distribution directory. This...
  10. Anonymous Browsing - Use TOR Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Anonymous Browsing - Use TOR Browser: Hi there All those who are worried about Edge / IE11 sending stuff to GOOGLE / MS etc etc -- simply use the TOR browser -- 100% legal FREE system. You can also block properly annoying popups etc even when connecting to "Those sites". There's loads of paranoia these days...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tor ошибка 0xc000000d