Windows 10: Torrent is installing other softwares!

Discus and support Torrent is installing other softwares! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Today i instsalled Utorrent and after few minutes i found out that the following applications have been installed without my authorization !?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AkshayArjun1, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Torrent is installing other softwares!

Today i instsalled Utorrent and after few minutes i found out that the following applications have been installed without my authorization !?

Facebook , whatsapp , opera , avast !

i can accept if utorrent had downloaded the files of these applications in my computer without my access but how can it directly install them in my computer?

What is windows defender doing when an application is installing other application!

Had the same problem with one of my friend who downloaded the utorrent!

Note: It is just a doubt on how torrent had installed these applicatons!

:)

AkshayArjun1, Dec 24, 2020
  2. lnd2288 Win User

Best Torrent Software?

+1 on my list

lnd2288, Dec 24, 2020
  3. IndigoGoose, Dec 24, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Torrent is installing other softwares!

Default App for Downloading torrent files

George

You say a right click produces 'Open in New Tab' . . . are you right clicking the magnet file on a page in your web browser?

You need to download the torrent file to the downloads folder on your PC

Then right click the torrent file on your PC and follow the steps above

You are correct uTorrent or BitTorrent will not show up in the list of Default Apps because that is not really installed on your PC like a conventional App, it is simply copied to the folder I listed above when you install it

DaveM121, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

Torrent is installing other softwares!

1. Torrent is installing other softwares! - Similar Threads - Torrent installing softwares

2. installing torrents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing torrents: I installed uTorrent web, but I cannot install the torrents themselves I watched the video and did everything it says but mine does not have the PLAY button to install the torrent...
  3. installing torrents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installing torrents: I installed uTorrent web, but I cannot install the torrents themselves I watched the video and did everything it says but mine does not have the PLAY button to install the torrent...
  4. installing torrents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can I install Software on an other partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I install Software on an other partition: Hi I have a 32 Gb SSD installed on my laptop and another 500 Gb HDD too. Now my Windows in installed on SSD and it is almost full now because of low space of installed software and is slowing my Laptop, Can I install these software on another partition of HDD?...
  6. Windows defender is blocking every single torrent software I try to install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender is blocking every single torrent software I try to install: I have tried installing Qbittorrent, Transmission and for testing purposes (not intending to use them) uTorrent and Bittorrent. Windows defender instantly blocks all of these. I only managed to install Qbittorrent by disabling Windows defender for a while, but instantly gets...
  7. Torrent files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Torrent files: Can you send me Info on how to use torrent files to download files and install them safely thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/torrent-files/09e04758-9fdb-4c32-8aaf-9e16c23d62be
  8. Torrent virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Torrent virus: Split from this thread. Hello i have a torent virus and i cant take it off or i cant remove it can you help me remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/torrent-virus/c30a1715-1534-42c6-9a2b-ccf0aa13664a
  9. Decent Windows Torrent client (torrents are legal !!!)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Decent Windows Torrent client (torrents are legal !!!): Hi folks Can anybody please suggest a decent (not ad ridden) bit torrent client for Windows -- torrents can be perfectly legal and safe for downloading proper software (e,g red hat - now part of IBM, centos etc linux distros) which keeps loads on servers balanced --perhaps...
  10. Installing other software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing other software: I have installed a software from "CSI Structures company" on my activated Windows 10 using an specific product license key. But I have problem in running the software. I contacted the software's help center and they said that I should contact Microsoft to fix the UUID in my...