Windows 10: Torrent virus

Discus and support Torrent virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Hello i have a torent virus and i cant take it off or i cant remove it can you help me remove it?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jakovgliha, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Torrent virus

Split from this thread.​

Hello i have a torent virus and i cant take it off or i cant remove it can you help me remove it?

:)

jakovgliha, Nov 27, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Default App for Downloading torrent files

George

You say a right click produces 'Open in New Tab' . . . are you right clicking the magnet file on a page in your web browser?

You need to download the torrent file to the downloads folder on your PC

Then right click the torrent file on your PC and follow the steps above

You are correct uTorrent or BitTorrent will not show up in the list of Default Apps because that is not really installed on your PC like a conventional App, it is simply copied to the folder I listed above when you install it

DaveM121, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Torrent list reload

Hello,

I lost all my torrent download list on the Bittorrent torrent client because i had to format Windows. Is it a way to reload
    the download list (batch) or store it so i can recover it before Windows become faulty?

georgioumarios, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Torrent virus

Unable to download torrents using any torrent client on Windows 10

I've a Windows 10 laptop connected to the internet via the router. Everything works perfectly fine except I'm unable to download any torrent from any tracker using any torrent client.

1. I'm sure the torrent protocol or any of the trackers aren't blocked at ISP or router level because I'm able to download torrents using my desktop which is behind the same router.
    2. I've tried disabling the Windows Firewall.
    3. I've no anti-virus or any other firewall installed which could be blocking the connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

user495293, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Torrent virus

1. Torrent virus - Similar Threads - Torrent virus

2. I'm unable to download a torrent on Free Download Managerbecause it gives me an error after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to download a torrent on Free Download Managerbecause it gives me an error after...: I've been trying to download a torrent for the past hours and after each percent that goes by it gives me an error and makes me manually resume the download....
  3. I'm unable to download a torrent on Free Download Managerbecause it gives me an error after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm unable to download a torrent on Free Download Managerbecause it gives me an error after...: I've been trying to download a torrent for the past hours and after each percent that goes by it gives me an error and makes me manually resume the download....
  4. Trying to download files from torrents using Bitorrent to my external hard drive, and DPC...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to download files from torrents using Bitorrent to my external hard drive, and DPC...: I tried a virus scan, cmd, and waiting for the error to show up again, and it didn't show me what it's causing it. I even tried to update the hard drive, but no luck, and restart the computer with all the usbs disconnected. Is there anyway to fix this?...
  5. Trying to download files from torrents using Bitorrent to my external hard drive, and DPC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to download files from torrents using Bitorrent to my external hard drive, and DPC...: I tried a virus scan, cmd, and waiting for the error to show up again, and it didn't show me what it's causing it. I even tried to update the hard drive, but no luck, and restart the computer with all the usbs disconnected. Is there anyway to fix this?...
  6. Trying to download files from torrents using Bitorrent to my external hard drive, and DPC...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Bit Torrent Extension Related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit Torrent Extension Related: I want to infrom you that i recently notice a extension called bit torrent safe scanner extension So i simply remove it. If i want to install this extension again can you tell me how to add this extension in chrome, Also I want to know this is any harm extension Should I...
  8. Windows 10 unistalled qBittorrent and is now flagging all torrent clients as having viruses...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 unistalled qBittorrent and is now flagging all torrent clients as having viruses...: I have Windows 10 Pro 19041.804 and I recently found out that Windows unistalled my current torrent client, qBittorrent. I tried to reinstall it but it flagged a virus and blocked the install, I tried uTorrent, BitTorrent, and Vuze, and they were all flagged with viruses and...
  9. Virus detected after downloading any torrent file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virus detected after downloading any torrent file: Anyone knows why this is happening? Everytime I torrent a file, like adobe platforms, the windows defender detects a virus. This does not happen when i download videos instead. I've tried switching over from uTorrent to qbittorrent but nothing seems to change. submitted by...
  10. Unable to Remove Torrent Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to Remove Torrent Virus: Split from this thread. Hello i have a torent virus and i cant take it off or i cant remove it can you help me remove it? [Original Title: Torrent virus] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unable-to-remove-torrent-virus/c30a1715-1534-42c6-9a2b-ccf0aa13664a