Windows 10: Torrenting causing all RAM being used!

Discus and support Torrenting causing all RAM being used! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I have Windows 10 Pro on my HP Notebook, usually it is a machine good enough for my day to day usage and hardly causes any trouble.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Fahid, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Fahid Win User

Torrenting causing all RAM being used!

Hello Everyone,

I have Windows 10 Pro on my HP Notebook, usually it is a machine good enough for my day to day usage and hardly causes any trouble. Even though I love The Eater of RAM i.e. Google Chrome as my favorite web browser, I never have any performance issues. and 8GB RAM seems enough to handle it all nicely.

But problem occurs when I am using Torrent Client, I use torrent every now and then, usually for larger files, in GBs.
    Well normally no matter how large a torrent as a whole or average file in it. It doesn't makes an issue. But I use am using VPN and then use torrent client. Somehow my computer starts consuming the RAM gradually it'll eat it all my notebook will stop responding and then I will have to force it off (by keeping the power button pressed) and then on again. One thing I do is I keep an eye on RAM usage, when it close to be eaten up, I stop everything and restart my computer and let it do its thing again in the loop.

Sometimes in Computer is nothing but a VPN Client and a Torrent client running and gradually it eats up all RAM and make the System unresponsive. RAM is not consumed right away but gradually, like it takes about 5-10 minutes per GB to consumed. If I exit my Torrent client just before all RAM is consumed, RAM usage gradually starts decreasing but rather slowly like 10-15 minutes per GB.

I don't understand why is it so?
    - If I use computer normally, never any issue
    - If I use VPN and whatever except Torrent, no problem
    - If I use torrent for normal *Cool things without using VPN, no problem
    - If I use torrent for some not normal stuff *Tongue and use VPN for safety, it causes problem.- I tried different Torrent clients, same result
    - Dedicated VPN client from my VPN Service provider
    - I tried different VPN clients (OpenVPN), same result
    - Why is it so?
    Right now my VPN Client runs on subject machine, which is connected to Router via wifi.
    Although I have the idea to use another Router (or something in between) with built in VPN client, so that VPN client will not be running on subject machine. Perhaps that might resolve the issue! But right now I am troubled. Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

Fahid, Nov 5, 2016

2. will nokia lumia 620 play modern combat 4;give 1080p playback ?????

i saw modern combat 4 on the ms marketplace.In the reviews i heard that it was only for phones with 1gb ram ???is that true??

I hear that windows os uses less ram.(nokia lumia 620 has 512mb ram)but in many websites i saw that it actually recquires 1gb ram to play the game.

ipod 5g with 512mb ram can play all the latest hd games.

also can the nokia lumia 620 give 1080p playback?????

is there a good torrent app(not remote torrent app) and also access the files(file manager) ?????

ITS URGENT AS I AM THINKING OF BUYING THIS PHONE

THANKS

swagathshetty, Nov 5, 2016
  3. Does Bit Torrent cause problems while using Windows 10 Pro

*Original Title: bit torrent

good morning, just wanted to ask. is it true that when you download torrent sites likes

utorrent or bit torrent would cause problems while using windows 10 pro. read some forums that this might be the case though. or how to check compatibility if that's even possible.

appreciate the response.

chrisdoroin, Nov 5, 2016
  4. Fahid Win User

Torrenting causing all RAM being used! [​IMG]

Here is screenshot of Task-Manager, only programs running are OpenVPN VPN Client and uTorrent 3.4.2
    Panda Antivirus is running in the background but I had it disabled for testing
    When I started the Downloading, only 1.7GB RAM was in use. Then I just let it be and after a while, this is the result.

Fahid, Nov 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Torrenting causing all RAM being used! - Similar Threads - Torrenting causing RAM

2. tons of ram being used by nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tons of ram being used by nothing: Ok so i feel like this question has been answered a billion times, but no matter what forum or video I look i can't find the answer for me. Even when I am not running any games or anything, the amount of ram that is being used seems to be way more than all of the processes...
  3. use all ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use all ram: currently, my laptop has already install with 12 GB ram, but when I few task manager, I see it is only use certain amount of ram and leaving the rest as stand by. I know my laptop do so not all ram work in the same time so it save more energy, but when it heavy stuff like...
  4. use all ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    use all ram: currently, my laptop has already install with 12 GB ram, but when I few task manager, I see it is only use certain amount of ram and leaving the rest as stand by. I know my laptop do so not all ram work in the same time so it save more energy, but when it heavy stuff like...
  5. RAM being used by invisible apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM being used by invisible apps: I have 8gb of ram 3000 speed this only started happening recently not sure what is taking up the ram but when you add up the percents and see how much is being used in total it doesnt add up right from what I can see on the processes it says all together when I count it that...
  6. Weird amount of RAM being used

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird amount of RAM being used: Hey everyone, So i recently bought more RAM for my work pc. Just did a small upgrade from 4GB to 8GB. I've been using it for like a week now, and every single day i notice that Task Manager shows im using like 50% RAM, but i dont. In these screenshots you can see that Opera...
  7. A lot of RAM being used for no reason

A lot of RAM being used for no reason: [ATTACH] I have 16 GB of RAM submitted by /u/burner192836 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/llgsaz/a_lot_of_ram_being_used_for_no_reason/
  8. RAM being used on nothing?

RAM being used on nothing?: [ATTACH] Basically, I checked task manager and it says 50% of my RAM is being used, I calculated all the apps running and in total it should only be taking like 4GB. I got 16gb of RAM, also like 7GB of the RAM is being cached and it does not decrease even when my RAM is at...
  9. Not all installed RAM being used by windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not all installed RAM being used by windows 10: I have 16GB of ram installed in my system, and only 8GB are being used by windows. The rest are "Hardware Reserved"? This seems to be a very common problem, but I haven't found a solution that works yet. Task Manager: Screenshot - d693e24eaa1ead0ad2337b74a4250b0d - Gyazo...
  10. Ram Not being used.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ram Not being used.: Hello i have a windows 10 desktop HP 110-014 Desktop PC (ENERGY STAR) Model #: H5P35AA Model Name: 110-014 HD Bus Type: Serial ATA-300 Standard Memory: 4096 MB Max Memory: 32768 MB Number of Sockets: 2 Memory Comments: PC3-12800 1066Mhz DDR3 SDRAM DIMM 240-pin I...