Windows 10: Toshiba boot issue

Discus and support Toshiba boot issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I hope everyone is well!! I manage to muddle through on computery things, but am I novice, so bear with me! I have an old Toshiba satellite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Michelle (michelle), Sep 9, 2018.

1. Michelle (michelle) Win User

Toshiba boot issue

Hi all, I hope everyone is well!!

I manage to muddle through on computery things, but am I novice, so bear with me!

I have an old Toshiba satellite laptop.. hmm probably 6 years old now, it came with windows 8 on it, so can't be much older, hopefully!! (Its now running windows 10 upgrade.)

Its not used often, anymore. I keep it as a back up, and use some old software on it (which is one reason why I hope to fix rather than reformat). Recently, I tried to turn it on as normal, and it came up with command prompt screen saying no bootable device was found.

The first thing I did was remove the HDD and connect it to my working laptop. I can see everything on it. I have scanned it (right click/tools/check for file system errors), and the scan returned as all normal. Which is great, I'll take that! I've copied the few bits I needed. I figure there is learning opportunity here, I love to tinker and understand!

Ive put the HDD back into the machine, and I created a windows media USB and that was with the 1803 version, from Microsoft. Start up repair said it couldn't repair the machine, so I ran the bootrec stuff. It said access was denied when I tried to do Bootrec /fixboot. I then took to Google and saw that it might be related to the version of Windows.

I managed to find the 1703 version of the Windows and create a USB (I have checked the USB is in a USB2 socket - it is). Start up repair looked promising at one point, saying it was attempting repairs, but then said it couldn't repair. I went into command prompt...

Bootrec /fixmbr - successful

Bootrec /fixboot - now successful (it wasn't when I had 1803 on the stick)

Bootrec /scanOs - identifies 1 installation on the C drive

Bootrec /rebuildbcd - asks if I want to add installation to boot list Y, N or A (all)

If I select Yes or All, it says "the requested device cannot be found"

Ive done Diskpart /sel disk 0 / list vol and I see

0 = the CD

1 = C Drive/NTFS/Partition/920GB/Healthy (no info)

2 = No letter/System/NTFS/Partition/1024MB/healthy/Hidden

3= No letter/No label/FAT32/Partition/100MB/Healthy/Hidden

4 = No letter/Recovery/NTFS/Partition/9GB/healthy/Hidden

5 = D/USB Stick Name/FAT32/Removable/7387MB/Healthy/(no info)

I am not sure what to do now :/

Any and all advice really appreciated Toshiba boot issue :)

:)

Michelle (michelle), Sep 9, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 9, 2018
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Toshiba boot issue

toshiba c50t-a stuck KB4015217

Hello,

For better assistance with updating your Toshiba, we need the answer to the following questions:

• Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run Windows Update Troubleshooter
    by going to this
    link
    . It will detect and resolve the most common issues with your Windows Update.

Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Toshiba boot issue

1. Toshiba boot issue - Similar Threads - Toshiba boot issue

2. Strange issue with old Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange issue with old Toshiba Laptop: Hello. i have one Toshiba Laptop that every now and them has the hard drive LED stuck (as if using disk at 100%) and then hard disk dissappears for good (not detected) until PC is powered off and it's left that way for a while. I checked SMART values and health was ok. I did...
  3. Toshiba Laptop audio issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba Laptop audio issues.: I have no sound or audio on my Toshiba Laptop. the toolbar has a small speaker on it,which applies to earphone speaker. I think windows update is the problem,as I try to download them ,which takes hours to download , then I keep getting error messages. I have tried removing...
  4. Boot issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot issue: I tried to reboot my windows 10 desktop pc, and it goes to the orange screen with the restart load circle, but it keeps on going for ever (litteraly, It used to do it in ~10sec. But now it is just not doing it). Can you please help me? Thank you very much....
  5. boot issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    boot issue: whenever I try to start my laptop running on windows 10 a light blue screen appears which shows nothing(password menu), but it only happens on the first time and doesnot persist on a second startup[ATTACH]...
  6. Toshiba Satellite L655-S5072 audio driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba Satellite L655-S5072 audio driver issue: Hi folks! Have a friend with a Toshiba Satellite L655-S5072 laptop bought around 2009. Device Manager shows a High Definition Audio Device driver. It has no sound when playing anything from YouTube, however, can use ear buds, and listen to whatever. Plan to uninstall...
  7. Toshiba Laptop locked into Hibernate during boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Toshiba Laptop locked into Hibernate during boot: My Toshiba C55 wont boot. As soon as I push the power button it goes directly to the black 'hibernating' screen with the rotating circles and that is all it will do. This is the first time I have had any problem with this computer in over 4 years. One day its operating as...
  8. Toshiba Satellite L650 11C sound issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba Satellite L650 11C sound issues: Hello. This laptop has been upgraded to Windows 10. The audio does not work, it shows a red circle with white X and says no speakers or headphones are plugged in. I was wondering if you could point me to an working driver for this. Thank you! 73412
  9. How do i boot into UEFI in a Toshiba Laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i boot into UEFI in a Toshiba Laptop?: Through BIOS on this Toshiba Laptop i am using i was able to boot into UEFI mode. That was it's default setting. But then i decided to to wipe the Hard Drive using DBAN to re-install a new clean copy of Windows10 64-bit. So i installed it then when i restarted the computer to...
  10. Toshiba Satellite C55 - inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Support
    Toshiba Satellite C55 - inaccessible boot device: Please help. I have to repair a Windows 10 home computer that can't find the boot partition for some reason. The computer has both UEFI and legacy boot options. I want to boot a Windows 10 ISO from USB and attempt to do a repair install but is their a better option? I...