Windows 10: Toshiba boot issue

Discus and support Toshiba boot issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I hope everyone is well!! I manage to muddle through on computery things, but am I novice, so bear with me! I have an old Toshiba satellite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Michelle (michelle), Sep 9, 2018.

1. Toshiba boot issue

Hi all, I hope everyone is well!!

I manage to muddle through on computery things, but am I novice, so bear with me!

I have an old Toshiba satellite laptop.. hmm probably 6 years old now, it came with windows 8 on it, so can't be much older, hopefully!! (Its now running windows 10 upgrade.)

Its not used often, anymore. I keep it as a back up, and use some old software on it (which is one reason why I hope to fix rather than reformat). Recently, I tried to turn it on as normal, and it came up with command prompt screen saying no bootable device was found.

The first thing I did was remove the HDD and connect it to my working laptop. I can see everything on it. I have scanned it (right click/tools/check for file system errors), and the scan returned as all normal. Which is great, I'll take that! I've copied the few bits I needed. I figure there is learning opportunity here, I love to tinker and understand!

Ive put the HDD back into the machine, and I created a windows media USB and that was with the 1803 version, from Microsoft. Start up repair said it couldn't repair the machine, so I ran the bootrec stuff. It said access was denied when I tried to do Bootrec /fixboot. I then took to Google and saw that it might be related to the version of Windows.

I managed to find the 1703 version of the Windows and create a USB (I have checked the USB is in a USB2 socket - it is). Start up repair looked promising at one point, saying it was attempting repairs, but then said it couldn't repair. I went into command prompt...

Bootrec /fixmbr - successful

Bootrec /fixboot - now successful (it wasn't when I had 1803 on the stick)

Bootrec /scanOs - identifies 1 installation on the C drive

Bootrec /rebuildbcd - asks if I want to add installation to boot list Y, N or A (all)

If I select Yes or All, it says "the requested device cannot be found"

Ive done Diskpart /sel disk 0 / list vol and I see

0 = the CD

1 = C Drive/NTFS/Partition/920GB/Healthy (no info)

2 = No letter/System/NTFS/Partition/1024MB/healthy/Hidden

3= No letter/No label/FAT32/Partition/100MB/Healthy/Hidden

4 = No letter/Recovery/NTFS/Partition/9GB/healthy/Hidden

5 = D/USB Stick Name/FAT32/Removable/7387MB/Healthy/(no info)

I am not sure what to do now :/

Any and all advice really appreciated Toshiba boot issue :)

:)

Michelle (michelle), Sep 9, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 9, 2018
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Toshiba boot issue

toshiba c50t-a stuck KB4015217

Hello,

For better assistance with updating your Toshiba, we need the answer to the following questions:

• Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run Windows Update Troubleshooter
    by going to this
    link
    . It will detect and resolve the most common issues with your Windows Update.

Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Toshiba boot issue

1. Toshiba boot issue - Similar Threads - Toshiba boot issue

2. boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop: I have Toshiba laptop and unable to open boot menu. Laptop stuck at recovery environment. I have tried startup settings, startup repair, system restore point not available, reset was failed both by keeping all files and removing all filesthere was no option to open UEFI...
  3. boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop: I have Toshiba laptop and unable to open boot menu. Laptop stuck at recovery environment. I have tried startup settings, startup repair, system restore point not available, reset was failed both by keeping all files and removing all filesthere was no option to open UEFI...
  4. boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Toshiba Encore 2 boot

Toshiba Encore 2 boot: My Encore 2 wont boot at all, when i turn it on i get a black screen saying no bootable device — please restart system. I tried plugging in a usb with the windows 10 boot files on it and it gets ditected but still gives me the same message....
  6. Toshiba stuck on boot up screen

Toshiba stuck on boot up screen: can someone plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-stuck-on-boot-up-screen/f2cf2e25-5a19-4dc8-9380-1bd91180b47b
  7. Toshiba not booting past recovery screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    Toshiba not booting past recovery screen.: My Toshiba Satellite C70D laptop won't boot past the recovery mode. The night before it 'died' I was trying to save a doc and it said I didn't have permissions to save to the folder and that I had to be an Admin (which I am). The next morning I woke to a black screen. Did...
  8. Toshiba Laptop Stuck at Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Toshiba Laptop Stuck at Boot Menu: So about one and a half weeks ago, I was snooping around my Discord cache folder before i deleted everything in it just because I was curious about it, and when I reopened the command prompt, I forgot to change the directory and accidentally converted some files in my user...
  9. Touchpad Issue on Toshiba laptop W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad Issue on Toshiba laptop W10: i have toshiba laptop satellite 55 with W10. When i start the computer the cursor on the touchpad works fine but when the computer programs all open up i can no longer see the arrow of the touchpad. I have tried fn 5 and fn9 but still cant see ii. What can i do?...
  10. Toshiba Laptop audio issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba Laptop audio issues.: I have no sound or audio on my Toshiba Laptop. the toolbar has a small speaker on it,which applies to earphone speaker. I think windows update is the problem,as I try to download them ,which takes hours to download , then I keep getting error messages. I have tried removing...