Windows 10: Toshiba C-55 no longer starts after running Windows Updates Cleanup

Discus and support Toshiba C-55 no longer starts after running Windows Updates Cleanup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; a have run disk cleanup but this time added the Windows Updates Cleanup as it was showing about 5GB to be cleaned. Well, sometime during the "clean"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TerryTowles1, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Toshiba C-55 no longer starts after running Windows Updates Cleanup

a have run disk cleanup but this time added the Windows Updates Cleanup as it was showing about 5GB to be cleaned.

Well, sometime during the "clean" the Toshiba C-55 laptop shut down and now will only blink the power button 5 times

when it is pushed. It had worked fine before. Help

:)

TerryTowles1, Sep 21, 2020

2. InstantGo for Toshiba Satellite C-55 B5101

Hi Microsoft Community,

I was wondering if all the free InstantGo stuff was all a hoax. I heard that people downloaded the software from some websites and the InstantGo did work. Is this InstantGo built into the system or is downloadable?

P.S.

I am currently running Windows 10 and have a Toshiba Satellite C-55 B5101.

Thanks for your help,

Yagna Patel, Sep 21, 2020
  3. tigger Win User
    disk cleanup running randomly

I am running windows 8.1, the disk cleanup window for c keeps popping up, if i move the mouse towards it, it disappear. Is there something nasty on my machine causing this?

I have scanned with malwarebytes and cc cleaner but they find nothing.

Any ideas?

tigger

tigger, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Toshiba C-55 no longer starts after running Windows Updates Cleanup

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Toshiba C-55 no longer starts after running Windows Updates Cleanup

1. Toshiba C-55 no longer starts after running Windows Updates Cleanup - Similar Threads - Toshiba longer starts

2. System will not start after a windows 10 update on a Toshiba laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System will not start after a windows 10 update on a Toshiba laptop.: When you start the laptop, you see the Toshiba logo. The cursor goes to the upper left corner of the screen and just sits there. The cursor is solid. not flashing. This happened after a windows update.I pulled the SSD and connected it to a msata USB card and I can read the...
  3. System will not start after a windows 10 update on a Toshiba laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System will not start after a windows 10 update on a Toshiba laptop.: When you start the laptop, you see the Toshiba logo. The cursor goes to the upper left corner of the screen and just sits there. The cursor is solid. not flashing. This happened after a windows update.I pulled the SSD and connected it to a msata USB card and I can read the...
  4. System will not start after a windows 10 update on a Toshiba laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Toshiba will not start after latest windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba will not start after latest windows update: I have a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6905 and tried to install the latest Windows update & now my computer will not start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-will-not-start-after-latest-windows-update/7dda826c-2551-4247-b422-7d93edcf6ca9
  6. Toshiba will not start after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba will not start after latest windows update: I have a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6905 and tried to install the latest Windows update & now my computer will not start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-will-not-start-after-latest-windows-update/7dda826c-2551-4247-b422-7d93edcf6ca9
  7. Toshiba will not start after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. PC no longer starts after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC no longer starts after Windows update: Hello An hour ago I updated Windows 10 and it did the mandatory restart. It now doesn't turn on anymore. There's no logo, nothing. The light on the gpu is still on, but the power button doesn't do anything. I can't find anything online and I'm not sure what to do....
  9. Scheduled task no longer runs after Windows update

Scheduled task no longer runs after Windows update: For several years, I've use a scheduled task to launch a bat file at 2:00 AM every day. The script uses robocopy to back up some files to a different disk. It also writes an entry to a log file when it runs. It was running properly every day until August 1 when I...
  10. Toshiba Satellite wont start after windows 10 update

Toshiba Satellite wont start after windows 10 update: Hi, I have been having a problem with my tobshiba satellite laptop since i updated to windows 10 about 6-8 months ago. Every time there is a windows 10 update, the computer automatically shuts down and doesn't start again... i leave it shut for 3-4 days and it boots again....