Windows 10: Toshiba ex-internal drive (now external) not being recognized

Discus and support Toshiba ex-internal drive (now external) not being recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Acer Windows 10 notebook had a 1 tb Toshiba internal hard drive. A few months ago I replaced that hard drive with an SSD. I now use that hard drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mwr, May 2, 2020.

1. MWR
    mwr Win User

Toshiba ex-internal drive (now external) not being recognized

My Acer Windows 10 notebook had a 1 tb Toshiba internal hard drive. A few months ago I replaced that hard drive with an SSD. I now use that hard drive to periodically clone the SSD back to the hard drive for a full backup. During that process, the hard drive is connected to the Acer by a cable from the hard drive to a USB port. All has been fine until last night when the clone process didn't complete. I then found that the plugged-in hard drive didn't appear in File Explorer (it had been drive E). When connected to the USB port, I can feel the disk operating but it's still not being recognized as being connected.

Ideas?

:)

2. btarunr Win User

Toshiba Announces New 6 TB Internal and External Hard Drives

Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today introduced a 6 TB capacity for the Toshiba Canvio Desk 3.5" External USB 3.0 Hard Drive and Toshiba Desk 3.5" Internal Serial ATA 3.0 Hard Drive, devices that provide a convenient and reliable way to increase the storage capacity of your computer either as an upgrade or extension of your computer.

The Canvio Desk external hard drive is preloaded with software to make backup fast and simple. The system recovery software scans your system and recommends the best coverage for your computer. Choose between backing up your files to the cloud or backing up your files and folders to your Canvio Desk hard drive. "Toshiba has been developing and manufacturing hard drives for more than 20 years," said Maciek Brzeski, Vice President of Branded Storage Products, Toshiba Digital Products Division. "The time is right to upgrade our offerings not only to meet, but to exceed consumers' expectations by expanding the offerings of our internal and external 3.5" hard drives."

Toshiba ex-internal drive (now external) not being recognized 80a_thm.jpg

Toshiba has been providing storage solutions worldwide since 1967 and has more than 47 years of experience developing storage offerings that complement our comprehensive ecosystem of devices. Leveraging an annual $3.1 billion investment in Toshiba Corporation's worldwide research and development, Toshiba continues to push the boundaries of storage technology to meet customers' needs.

Pricing and Availability

The Canvio Desk 3.5" Internal and External Hard Drives will be available for purchase in May 2015 at select retailers and on toshiba.com for $369.00 MSRP for both the 6TB internal and external models. A three year Standard Limited Warranty4 is included with each model sold in the Americas.

btarunr, May 2, 2020
  3. BeauGator Win User
    Nextbook 9" not recognizing external Toshiba hard drive

My nextbook flex running Windows 10 isn't recognizing my Toshiba 500 gb external drive.

BeauGator, May 2, 2020
  4. vallero Win User

external hard drive not recognized

Hello zbook
    #1) I have tested the external drives in three different computers, win10 pro, Win10, and XP. The results are identical. When I plug in the external hard drive windows signals a new device with an audio signal and the light comes on on the external drive. The results on all three pc's is identical in disk manager, file explorer and device manager.
    #2) I have tried all solutions presented to me by FreeBooter, from the simplest solution of uninstalling the external drive in device manager and rebooting windows, to using the various third party software that was suggested, obviously with out success.
    #3) The attached screen shots will only show one of the drives attached because I don't have enough free USB ports to attach two drives and I didn't think it would have been a good idea to use a hub.
    #4) one strange thing about one of the drives is that now device manager lists it as a Toshiba drive although it is a Western Digital.
    #5) Sorry but I have no way of getting a photo of BIOS

Toshiba ex-internal drive (now external) not being recognized [​IMG]

I look forward to reading your comments

vallero, May 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Toshiba ex-internal drive (now external) not being recognized - Similar Threads - Toshiba internal drive

2. External hard drive not being recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive not being recognized: MYBook external hard drive is not being recognized by my PC. What can I do? The power light is on but nothing comes up and I can't open it up to see data. I have tried numerous things....full of memories and pictures. Please help...
  3. External hard drive not being recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External hard drive not being recognized: MYBook external hard drive is not being recognized by my PC. What can I do? The power light is on but nothing comes up and I can't open it up to see data. I have tried numerous things....full of memories and pictures. Please help...
  4. Toshiba internal drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba internal drive not showing up: I've recently switched pc's and moved my ssd and hdd to the new computer. Unfortunately while ssd is showing up and working juzt fine, the most important hdd when I have all of my files isn't even showing up in the drive management. It's not being detected at all. Is Toshiba...
  5. Toshiba internal drive not showing up

Toshiba internal drive not showing up: I've recently switched pc's and moved my ssd and hdd to the new computer. Unfortunately while ssd is showing up and working juzt fine, the most important hdd when I have all of my files isn't even showing up in the drive management. It's not being detected at all. Is Toshiba...
  6. Toshiba external drive is not detected

Toshiba external drive is not detected: Mi disco duro externo toshiba no es detectado en lo absoluto por mi pc cuando la conecto a mi computadora mi computadora no detecta nada, es como si no hubiera conectado nada, la prove en otros dispositivos y estos si la reconocen, alguien podría ayudarme...
  7. Toshiba external hard drive not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba external hard drive not recognized: [ATTACH] This is a Toshiba 3Tb external hard drive I have used in the past and it worked fine until one day I got this error. I have tried updating drivers, windows says I have the latest version. I've looked into partitioning, windows doesn't even show the hard drive. I...
  8. Password Protected External Drive Stopped being Recognized

Password Protected External Drive Stopped being Recognized: I had a password protected drive that worked fine until it didn't anymore. Not an old drive, but yesterday the computer stopped recognizing the drive. USB Controllers shows Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). I've tried uninstalling, and searching for...
  9. External Drive No Longer Being Recognized

External Drive No Longer Being Recognized: I have been using an external drive with my computer for a while now, but lately my computer has been having difficulty recognizing that it is plugged in. I know for a fact that power is being given to the external drive because it lights up and I can feel it running....
  10. Toshiba external hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba external hard drive: windows 10. I installed the harddrive. did everything by the book. The device has been recognised and the owners manual uploaded to device, then I backed up to device, but can't open any files. The file icons are shown, but don't show size and I can't open any?...