Windows 10: Toshiba external hard disk not detected

Discus and support Toshiba external hard disk not detected in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba external hard disk, model HDDR250E03X which isn't detected by my windows 10 dell laptop. The hard disk lights white when plugged in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Samer676, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Toshiba external hard disk not detected

I have a Toshiba external hard disk, model HDDR250E03X which isn't detected by my windows 10 dell laptop. The hard disk lights white when plugged in but windows doesn't show anything that indicates it's detected. What are the possible solutions? I have changed the ports, changed the cable and even used another laptop but with no use.

submitted by /u/Samer676
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Samer676, Oct 24, 2020

2. External Hard disk detect issue

Hello,

Let's determine the reason why your Windows 10 stopped detecting your external hard disk. To get started, we'd like to get the following information:

• Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you tied connecting the external hard disk to a different computer? If yes, is it working?

In the meantime, let's run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. This troubleshooter automatically detects and resolves problem with hardware and devices. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select View by: Small icons.
    • Open Troubleshooting.
    • Under Hardware and Sound, run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Toshiba external hard drive not detectible

I have a Toshiba DWC250 5TB external drive formatted ReFS that I cannot detect in either Disk Management or by using DiskPart/List Disk. Cabling and power are sound. The unit is not user serviceable because the case is not designed to be opened. I use it in a storage pool on Windows 10 Pro. I am having problems with the pool and removed the drive to check for files with a different computer.

I would like to use Diskpart/clean or clean all on it but first I have to get the disk detected. The unit has not shown signs of drive failure so it may be re-useable. Is there a technique to force detection (should it still be useable)? Please note the file system in not NTFS. It is ReFS. I have already detached it from its home PC and attached to a Surface Pro 4 via the Surface Dock to see if I can get it detected, but without success.

Cbarnhorst, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Toshiba external hard disk not detected

external hard disk not detecting

Hi Ravi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Windows 10 fails to detect external hard disk. I will certainly help you.

However, we need more information on this issue. Please answer the following questions.

1. What is the model of the Seagate Hard Drive?

2. Does the issue occur in a different USB port?

3. Are you able to view the external hard drive on Disk Management?

As initial troubleshooting, I suggest you to connect the external hard drive to different USB ports and on a different computer and check if it gets detected.

Method 1: Run the Troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with devices and hardware. Follow below steps:

1. Right click on Start button, select Control Panel.

2. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on Troubleshooting and click on the view all
    option on the left panel.

4. Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Method 2: Assign Drive letter to external hard drive

I suggest you to check whether drive letter has been assigned to external hard drive under Disk Management. Follow below steps:

1. Right click on Start and navigate to Control Panel >
    Administrative Tools
    > Computer Management > Disk

Management.

2. Right-click the partition or drive that you want to change, and then click
    Change Drive Letter and Paths

3. To assign a drive letter, click Add, click the drive letter you want to use, and then click
    OK.

Note: Be careful when making drive-letter assignments because many MS-DOS and Windows programs make references to a specific drive letter. For example, the path environment variable shows specific drive letters in conjunction with program
    names.

Refer below article for more information on assigning a drive letter:

Assign, change, or remove a drive letter: Storage Services; Local File Systems

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Toshiba external hard disk not detected

1. Toshiba external hard disk not detected - Similar Threads - Toshiba external hard

2. external usb hard disk not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external usb hard disk not detected: my external hard disk not shown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-usb-hard-disk-not-detected/a54ed419-5284-4aff-9ac2-0168bc107bf2
  3. external usb hard disk not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external usb hard disk not detected: my external hard disk not shown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-usb-hard-disk-not-detected/a54ed419-5284-4aff-9ac2-0168bc107bf2
  4. Toshiba external drive is not detected

Toshiba external drive is not detected: Mi disco duro externo toshiba no es detectado en lo absoluto por mi pc cuando la conecto a mi computadora mi computadora no detecta nada, es como si no hubiera conectado nada, la prove en otros dispositivos y estos si la reconocen, alguien podría ayudarme...
  5. External Hard Disk not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Disk not detected: I have a WD My Passport external HDD with 1 TB capacity. When I connect it to my Windows 10 laptop, it doesn't detect it however, in devices and printer, it shows the device. What can I do to have it detected?Help?...
  6. External hard disk not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hard disk not detected: Hi, not too sure if this is a windows problem but whenever I connect my external hard disk it gets detected but then I can't see it in the file explorer. The hard disk is new, the laptop's ports are all okay I connected a flash disk and I was able to see that. submitted by...
  7. External hard disk did not detected

External hard disk did not detected: Seagate hard disc is detected in mac and android. Formatted the hard did to dos fat and exfat not working in windows, it is shown in device manager and taskbar unable to remove the device from device manager - system hangs tried to update the driver - system says...
  8. Cannot install Toshiba External Hard-Disk

Cannot install Toshiba External Hard-Disk: It was working great when I first install Toshiba Canvio advance Storage Backup. Recently I need to look into my old file, then I cannot open Toshiba External Hard Disk. I deleted the program and try to reinstall the software; now I can not install this software again, I get...
  9. Toshiba Portable hard disk is not detecting

Toshiba Portable hard disk is not detecting: Dear Sir/Ma'am, My toshiba portable hard disk is not detecting in MY PC, but in shows in devices & printer, Please help me by telling me the changes made in the settings to detect it. Regards Anurag Mishra...
  10. Toshiba external hard drive not detectible

Toshiba external hard drive not detectible: I have a Toshiba DWC250 5TB external drive formatted ReFS that I cannot detect in either Disk Management or by using DiskPart/List Disk. Cabling and power are sound. The unit is not user serviceable because the case is not designed to be opened. I use it in a storage pool on...