Windows 10: Toshiba external hard drive appears in device management but not in windows explorer

Discus and support Toshiba external hard drive appears in device management but not in windows explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This question appears to have been asked several times, but the solutions out there are not working for me. The #1 fix has been to "assign the drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HoodedCanadian, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Toshiba external hard drive appears in device management but not in windows explorer

This question appears to have been asked several times, but the solutions out there are not working for me. The #1 fix has been to "assign the drive with a new letter." However, when I right-click the volume within Disk Management, all of the options are grayed out except for "Delete Volume". I have already verified that the driver is up to date.

The drive appears as "Disk 1" and is already partitioned. See images below. It is odd that there is no "File System" assigned to it.

Any ideas?

Toshiba external hard drive appears in device management but not in windows explorer 85b815ad-923f-4bea-a0af-ccad882a3c39?upload=true.jpg

Toshiba external hard drive appears in device management but not in windows explorer 9be6f406-d4ef-46f1-a19f-eba1c0865371?upload=true.jpg

:)

HoodedCanadian, Aug 16, 2019
  2. rsalomone Win User

Windows 10 device manager isn't detectng a Toshiba external hard drive

I have a new Acer, and I want to install a Toshiba esternal hard drive, model number: However, Windows 10 device manager isn't detecting the drive? Any suggestions?

Moved from Mobile Devices

Original title: I have a new Acer, and Iwant to install a Toshiba esternal hard drive, model number: However, Windows 10 device manager isn't deteccting the drive? Any suggestions?

rsalomone, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    unrecognised external hard drive on Windows 10

Since you already reinstalled the drivers of the External Hard Drive, let's run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it can resolve your concern. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel.

• Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter doesn’t resolve your concern, we suggest that you change the letter of the External Hard Drive. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Control panel.

• Select System and Security.

• Select Administrative Tools, and a new window will appear.

• Double-click Computer Management, and a new window will appear.

• Select Disk Management that is located under
      Storage
      in the left pane.

• Right click on the External Hard Drive that is not showing on the File Explorer.

• Select Change letter and network path, and a new window will appear.

• Select Change, and choose the letter that you want for the External Hard Drive.

After changing the letter of the External Hard Drive, we suggest that you reboot your laptop for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Aug 16, 2019
  4. triviatim Win User

Toshiba external hard drive appears in device management but not in windows explorer

External drive not appearing in File Explorer

I had the same problem - this is what worked for me:

• Plug in and turn on the external USB hard drive
    • Right mouse click on My Computer
    • Left click on Manage
    • Left click on Device Manager
    • Expand the USB list
    • Find the USB device for your USB Hard Drive (in my case it was the one that had no description)
    • Right mouse click - Uninstall
    • Remove the external USB hard drive
    • Plug in the external USB hard drive and let it find and install the driver

This and other possible solutions are here:

Not able to see my hard drive in windows explorer?

triviatim, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Toshiba external hard drive appears in device management but not in windows explorer

1. Toshiba external hard drive appears in device management but not in windows explorer - Similar Threads - Toshiba external hard

2. External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer: It works on another laptop running on Windows 10. I've tried all the fixes I could find online, but nothing seems to be working. It shows up on Device Manager. I did update the drivers. I uninstalled the device. Manually installed drivers from the manufacturer's website and...
  3. External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer: It works on another laptop running on Windows 10. I've tried all the fixes I could find online, but nothing seems to be working. It shows up on Device Manager. I did update the drivers. I uninstalled the device. Manually installed drivers from the manufacturer's website and...
  4. Toshiba external hard drive visible in Device Manager but not File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba external hard drive visible in Device Manager but not File Explorer: Hello!I have a Toshiba external hard drive that is not detected by my Lenovo Yoga running Windows 11. I believe I need to reformat it because it was previously used on a Mac computer. I've already transferred the contents to my GDrive and the Toshiba is empty. Any...
  5. Toshiba external hard drive visible in Device Manager but not File Explorer

Toshiba external hard drive visible in Device Manager but not File Explorer: Hello!I have a Toshiba external hard drive that is not detected by my Lenovo Yoga running Windows 11. I believe I need to reformat it because it was previously used on a Mac computer. I've already transferred the contents to my GDrive and the Toshiba is empty. Any...
  6. External Hard Drive Not Appearing in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive Not Appearing in Explorer: Hello -I am trying to access an external hard drive, which is not appearing in explorer. Following some other guides, I am able to see it both under disk management and system > storage > disks and volumes. It is showing up as "Disk 2" and does not have a letter name which I...
  7. External Hard Drive Not Appearing in Explorer

External Hard Drive Not Appearing in Explorer: Hello -I am trying to access an external hard drive, which is not appearing in explorer. Following some other guides, I am able to see it both under disk management and system > storage > disks and volumes. It is showing up as "Disk 2" and does not have a letter name which I...
  8. External hard drive not appearing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive not appearing in file explorer: my windows 7 laptop died (no power). I purchase new windows 10 laptop and am attempting to read my former hard drive by making it an external drive. It is recognized as a device but I cannot view any of the files in file explorer. I am just attempting to recover some recent...
  9. Toshiba external hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba external hard drive: windows 10. I installed the harddrive. did everything by the book. The device has been recognised and the owners manual uploaded to device, then I backed up to device, but can't open any files. The file icons are shown, but don't show size and I can't open any?...
  10. Toshiba external hard drive not detectible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba external hard drive not detectible: I have a Toshiba DWC250 5TB external drive formatted ReFS that I cannot detect in either Disk Management or by using DiskPart/List Disk. Cabling and power are sound. The unit is not user serviceable because the case is not designed to be opened. I use it in a storage pool on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. windows hardrive appears as external