Windows 10: Toshiba external hard drive (HDD)1TB

Discus and support Toshiba external hard drive (HDD)1TB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have the above HDD and used it for storage for some while. I can no longer access the device. When I connect it to my laptop a light inside... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by donaldupchurch, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Toshiba external hard drive (HDD)1TB

Hello, I have the above HDD and used it for storage for some while. I can no longer access the device. When I connect it to my laptop a light inside the unit flashes indicating it is receiving power. However, when I try to access the unit through "this pc" it is not showing up in either the left or right hand fields. The other drives are shown as being available.

Selecting "Device Manager" " Left" > "Disk drives" Shows two entries for the device! "Right" > either label brings up a menu showing:

"Update Driver", "Uninstall Driver", "scan for hardware changes" or "Properties". This latter option is highlighted (Bold)! Clicking this option brings up a box for Toshiba properties. Inside, is another box, and a message stating "This device is working properly"!

Selecting "Disk Management" a box in the top section shows: the internal drives "C" and "D" complete with related information.

In the lower box: Firstly - "Disk 0" covering Drives "C" and "D" and a remark "Healthy" with related volumes etc!

Secondly - "Disk ! covering presumably - the external hard drive due to the !TB volume shown and the word

"unallocated"! What does this indicate if anything?

I have tried and succeeded working with a "flash Drive" in this same "port"! As I have with the HDD in another port but no luck!

Can you advise me on what I can do to rectify this situation please?

:)

donaldupchurch, Aug 16, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Toshiba Announces its 3.5 inch External Hard Drive Family

Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced the availability of a new Toshiba 3.5-inch External HDD, marking Toshiba's first entry into the 3.5-inch external HDD business. The product offers digital consumers and business professionals a stylish and affordable back up device with dual connectivity, robust software features and up to 1TB of capacity from a trusted brand.

"On the heels of successfully building a 2.5-inch external HDD business, we are ready to expand our hard drive expertise into the 3.5-inch HDD market," said Michael Cassidy, director, accessories and HDD marketing, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "We designed the external hard drive to provide consumers an easy-to-use back up option that not only performs above competition, but is also a stylish accessory for their PC."

Toshiba external hard drive (HDD)1TB 84a_thm.jpg

The Toshiba 3.5-inch External HDD features dual connectivity with high-speed USB 2.0 and eSATA ports, as well as a robust software application that offers reliable and easy data protection. In addition, the software package allows consumers to not only back up and restore selected files, but also their entire system.

With its sleek glossy finish, Toshiba designed the 3.5-inch External HDD to match its family of consumer laptops, while the slim form factor design and space-saving footprint conserves desk space. The hard drive is priced competitively at $129.99 MSRP for 640GB and $159.99 MSRP for 1TB. All versions of the hard drive are PC and Mac compatible and are backed by a Toshiba 3-year standard limited warranty.

btarunr, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Toshiba Ext Hard Drive

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my system won't recognise my external hard drive. Worked fine on Windows 8 .It is a Toshiba 1Tb basic. Any suggestions would be most appreciated as their are many family photos involved.

Thanks Tony

TonyWoodrye, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Toshiba external hard drive (HDD)1TB

Data recovery on external hard drive

Backed up 500gb data onto 1tb external Toshiba hard drive (v63700-c, HDTB210xk3ba), created a windows recovery drive on Toshiba external hard drive using windows 10 s/w which has 500gb data. While creating a recovery drive, windows 10 didn't warn
    me that data will be deleted, my data 500gb is not visible on toshiba external drive, want to get back my data ? Can you pl help me? searched internet and found R-studio, testdisk, minitool s/w which seems will recover deleted partition, did anyone used these
    or any suggestions highly appreciated.

venugopalvallabhu, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Toshiba external hard drive (HDD)1TB

1. Toshiba external hard drive (HDD)1TB - Similar Threads - Toshiba external hard

2. 3 TB Toshiba external hard drive .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 TB Toshiba external hard drive .: 3 TB Toshiba external hard drive . Lights up when connected with the computer then shuts off The light not the drive . Troubleshooting says device cannot start code 10 . Then , problem with the driver. Says I have best driver . Tried reinstall . Reinstall fail all the time ....
  3. Toshiba 1Tb external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Toshiba 1Tb external hard drive: Drive won't be recognized by Windows 10. Toshiba states it's because of a windows 10 update. How do I remedy this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-1tb-external-hard-drive/c97c98c0-f558-41d9-9099-f8690942888e
  4. 500 GB Toshiba External Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    500 GB Toshiba External Hard Drive.: Hi can anyone please help. Recently purchased the above unit, and it worked 100%, recently tried to backup my new computer [Windows 10 -Lenovo} and I now find, that my ex.hardrive only shows - 35 gb of free space it should be showing 465 gb ??????? .Please help/advise....
  5. Toshiba external hard drive not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba external hard drive not recognized: [ATTACH] This is a Toshiba 3Tb external hard drive I have used in the past and it worked fine until one day I got this error. I have tried updating drivers, windows says I have the latest version. I've looked into partitioning, windows doesn't even show the hard drive. I...
  6. External HDD(Toshiba 1TB) is showing error

External HDD(Toshiba 1TB) is showing error: Hello, I'm facing issue while i'm connecting my external HDD to laptop(windows10). 1- Device is not accessable in file explorer. 2- In device management it's showing following error in properties:- ""USB_3.0&Rev_5438\20180920001783C&0 was not migrated due to partial...
  7. Toshiba external hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba external hard drive: windows 10. I installed the harddrive. did everything by the book. The device has been recognised and the owners manual uploaded to device, then I backed up to device, but can't open any files. The file icons are shown, but don't show size and I can't open any?...
  8. Iomega 1TB External Hard Drive

Iomega 1TB External Hard Drive: I have an Iomega 1TB External Hard Drive that I cannot get to connect to my new computer. What do I need to do to get it to connect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/iomega-1tb-external-hard-drive/5860dd62-9401-40e1-9671-23a6f9939118
  9. How to Partition a 1TB external Hard Drive?

How to Partition a 1TB external Hard Drive?: I am new to the forum. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post my question, but hoping someone here can direct me or might know. I purchased a 1TB hard drive to place media files on it so that I could plug it into my DVD player which has a USB port. I made sure to...
  10. Toshiba external hard drive not detectible

Toshiba external hard drive not detectible: I have a Toshiba DWC250 5TB external drive formatted ReFS that I cannot detect in either Disk Management or by using DiskPart/List Disk. Cabling and power are sound. The unit is not user serviceable because the case is not designed to be opened. I use it in a storage pool on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. toshiba hdtb210xk3ba driver