Windows 10: Toshiba external hard drive not showing in my computer works fine with others

Discus and support Toshiba external hard drive not showing in my computer works fine with others in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My toshiba ext hdd is not showing up in my laptop which runs on windows 10. But works fine with other systems with operating systems of 7,8,&10 even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JasifJamal, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Toshiba external hard drive not showing in my computer works fine with others

My toshiba ext hdd is not showing up in my laptop which runs on windows 10.

But works fine with other systems with operating systems of 7,8,&10 even on tvs and androids.:-

I tried googling and self fix it

But this thing is not even showing in disk management

Pls help .

Thank you for reading.

Nb:

Files are very valuable to me so i cannot format

Due to lock down i have no access to other computers.

:)

JasifJamal, Jul 31, 2020
  2. KDF_654 Win User

External Hard Drive not showing in My computer

Hi,

My external hard drive (Imation--Apollo m300) is not showing in My Computer. I can see the drive when I access Device Manager and Disk Management; BUT, the drive shows as having 0 Capacity, 0 Reserved Space, and 0 Unallocated space when I ask it to populate
    in the Volumes tab of Properties. I do have (or did have) lots of files on this drive. Also, the drive lists as "Online" in Disk Management. (Note: I do have another Apollo m300 external hard drive, but it's working just fine.) Any help would be greatly
    appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

KDF_654, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Toshiba Ext Hard Drive

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my system won't recognise my external hard drive. Worked fine on Windows 8 .It is a Toshiba 1Tb basic. Any suggestions would be most appreciated as their are many family photos involved.

Thanks Tony

TonyWoodrye, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Toshiba external hard drive not showing in my computer works fine with others

Toshiba External USB drives not showing in Explorer or Disk Management Plug-in

The manufacturer does not list a driver for the Canvio HDTC705AL3A1 model which shows the problem. The drive was visible from an XP machine, and after this was visible once on a Win 7 Machine but is currently not visible on the Win 7 machine. There are many
    driver update programs available, but the disappearance of visibility on the Win 7 machine would seem to indicate a hardware problem with the device.

A post describing a I TB Toshiba USB Drive which could be accessed from XP but not Win 7 is at

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/1tb-external-hard-drive-works-on-xp-but-not/3f04c33a-1eb2-49d6-9cbe-8384962ff52d

The answer was:

I found the problem to be with the controller that Toshiba uses on their external hard drives.

I removed the Toshiba hard drive from the casing, put it into a SeaGate casing (thus using a SeaGate controller) and it worked fine.

To my knowledge their is no software work around for a Toshiba Ext HD and W7. Take the HD out of the casing, buy a cheap eSATA to USB connector & problem solved.

Do you think this is likely to be my problem? I don't have any spare removable USB drives to try the treatment suggested

SimonKravis2, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Toshiba external hard drive not showing in my computer works fine with others

1. Toshiba external hard drive not showing in my computer works fine with others - Similar Threads - Toshiba external hard

2. 3 TB Toshiba external hard drive .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 TB Toshiba external hard drive .: 3 TB Toshiba external hard drive . Lights up when connected with the computer then shuts off The light not the drive . Troubleshooting says device cannot start code 10 . Then , problem with the driver. Says I have best driver . Tried reinstall . Reinstall fail all the time ....
  3. Toshiba 1Tb external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Toshiba 1Tb external hard drive: Drive won't be recognized by Windows 10. Toshiba states it's because of a windows 10 update. How do I remedy this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-1tb-external-hard-drive/c97c98c0-f558-41d9-9099-f8690942888e
  4. external hard drive not showing in my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive not showing in my computer: My seagate hard drive is not showing in my computer,also light on hard drive is not blinking. But it is showing in devices and printers. When I try to safely remove it nothing happens ,and after removing the hard drive, pop up comes "problem ejecting usb attached SCSIUAS mass...
  5. Toshiba external hard drive not recognized

Toshiba external hard drive not recognized: [ATTACH] This is a Toshiba 3Tb external hard drive I have used in the past and it worked fine until one day I got this error. I have tried updating drivers, windows says I have the latest version. I've looked into partitioning, windows doesn't even show the hard drive. I...
  6. Toshiba external hard drive not showing up in windows 10

Toshiba external hard drive not showing up in windows 10: Hi, I am trying to access my external hard drive on my laptop with windows 10 but it doesn't appear on devices and drives. I have had a look at the other forums for help but nothing has worked so far. I tried updating the drivers but they were up to date. I had a look at my...
  7. Toshiba external hard drive (HDD)1TB

Toshiba external hard drive (HDD)1TB: Hello, I have the above HDD and used it for storage for some while. I can no longer access the device. When I connect it to my laptop a light inside the unit flashes indicating it is receiving power. However, when I try to access the unit through "this pc" it is not showing...
  8. Toshiba external hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba external hard drive: windows 10. I installed the harddrive. did everything by the book. The device has been recognised and the owners manual uploaded to device, then I backed up to device, but can't open any files. The file icons are shown, but don't show size and I can't open any?...
  9. External Hard Drive not showing in My computer

External Hard Drive not showing in My computer: Hi, My external hard drive (Imation--Apollo m300) is not showing in My Computer. I can see the drive when I access Device Manager and Disk Management; BUT, the drive shows as having 0 Capacity, 0 Reserved Space, and 0 Unallocated space when I ask it to populate in the...
  10. Toshiba external hard drive not detectible

Toshiba external hard drive not detectible: I have a Toshiba DWC250 5TB external drive formatted ReFS that I cannot detect in either Disk Management or by using DiskPart/List Disk. Cabling and power are sound. The unit is not user serviceable because the case is not designed to be opened. I use it in a storage pool on...