Windows 10: Toshiba external hard drive not showing up in windows 10

Discus and support Toshiba external hard drive not showing up in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to access my external hard drive on my laptop with windows 10 but it doesn't appear on devices and drives. I have had a look at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Damien Lipsky, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Toshiba external hard drive not showing up in windows 10

Hi,

I am trying to access my external hard drive on my laptop with windows 10 but it doesn't appear on devices and drives. I have had a look at the other forums for help but nothing has worked so far. I tried updating the drivers but they were up to date. I had a look at my disk management and this is what I see. It seems the hard drive is recognised but I can't access it to try and change the drive letter. It is strange because it works fine on my Mac book. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Toshiba external hard drive not showing up in windows 10 3dbe1ee8-4581-44af-8555-285599a76ada?upload=true.png

:)

Damien Lipsky, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Toshiba Ext Hard Drive

Hi Tony,

I realize that you are facing the issue connecting the external hard drive in Windows 10, let me assist you.

To assist you better, let us know the following details.

• Which build of Windows 10 is installed in your system?
    • What is the make and model of your system?
    • Do other USB devices are getting connected to the system?

As an initial step if troubleshooting, I suggest you to try connecting the external hard drive through different USB ports and check if it is getting detected, also try connecting the same external hard drive to a different Windows 10 system.

Also, connect the external hard drive to the system and check whether the device is shown in Device Manager.

• Type Device Manager in the Search bar and press
      Enter key.
    • Click on View option and click on Show hidden devices.
    • Check whether the device is shown.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Osman_7 Win User
    Trouble with Toshiba external hard drive and Windows 10

Greetings to all! Toshiba external hard drive not showing up in windows 10 :)

I have a Toshiba MK3252GSX (HDDR320E03X) 320GB external USB hard drive.

After upgrading to Windows 10 (64-bit) about a month ago, the hard drive is no longer recognized.

The hard drive is plug and play, it worked flawlessly on Windows 7 (64-bit).

I've searched the net and several forums for solutions, but to no avail.

Device Manager shows the hard drive when I select "show hidden devices".

I've tried updating the drivers, and uninstalling and reinstalling them.

There is no option to "roll back driver".

I've also tried the Disk Management feature, hoping to change the drive letter, but it doesn't appear in the list of drives.

If anyone could guide me, I'd be grateful!

Thank you all! Toshiba external hard drive not showing up in windows 10 :)

Osman_7, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Toshiba external hard drive not showing up in windows 10

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Toshiba external hard drive not showing up in windows 10

1. Toshiba external hard drive not showing up in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Toshiba external hard

2. Toshiba external hard drive shows up in control panel but not in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba external hard drive shows up in control panel but not in file explorer.: I'm trying to access information on a Toshiba external drive but the drive isn't appearing in file explorer. I've tried plugging it into a few different USB ports, but it still won't appear in file explorer. I know my computer is aware of the external hard drive because it...
  3. Toshiba external hard drive shows up in control panel but not in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba external hard drive shows up in control panel but not in file explorer.: I'm trying to access information on a Toshiba external drive but the drive isn't appearing in file explorer. I've tried plugging it into a few different USB ports, but it still won't appear in file explorer. I know my computer is aware of the external hard drive because it...
  4. External hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive not showing up: I just downloaded windows on a flash drive then plugged it into my pc but when i go to select where i want to download windows nothing shows up. Please help...
  5. External Hard Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive not showing up: Hello I have an external hard drive that worked only a few days ago perfectly,but today it doesn't show up at all under the devices and drives. The computer recognizes that it is connected to the PC. It also doesn't show in disk management. I can use minitool partition...
  6. external hard drive not showing up

external hard drive not showing up: it's not showing up at all. not in windows explorer, not in the device manager, not in disk management, it's as if i didn't even put it in. it's always worked perfectly fine on my laptop (which is what i'm using now) and i used it on my computer (windows 7) just several...
  7. External hard drive not showing up windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    External hard drive not showing up windows 10: External storage devices changed a lot since the birth of the PC. From floppy disks and CDs to flash memories and hard drives, people were always looking for the fastest, the lightest and the most durable memory devices. Hard drives are currently the best solution for large...
  8. Toshiba external hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba external hard drive: windows 10. I installed the harddrive. did everything by the book. The device has been recognised and the owners manual uploaded to device, then I backed up to device, but can't open any files. The file icons are shown, but don't show size and I can't open any?...
  9. External Hard Drive Not Showing UP

External Hard Drive Not Showing UP: Hello, I am using a WD external hard drive to transfer files from one Windows 10 machine to others. The first machine saw the disk fine, and I added all of the data. The next two machines saw the disk fine, and I transferred all of the date. The fourth machine does not...
  10. External Hard Drive not showing up

External Hard Drive not showing up: I have an external hard drive that I have used regularly with a Windows 7 machine via esata that does not show up when plugged into my Windows 10 notebook via USB. I can see it under the disk management, but there is no drive letter assigned so I cannot access it. ? 37434

Users found this page by searching for:

1. toshiba external not showing up windows 10