Windows 10: Toshiba external hard drive

Discus and support Toshiba external hard drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; windows 10. I installed the harddrive. did everything by the book. The device has been recognised and the owners manual uploaded to device, then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidEastwood2, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Toshiba external hard drive

windows 10. I installed the harddrive. did everything by the book. The device has been recognised and the owners manual uploaded to device, then I backed up to device, but can't open any files. The file icons are shown, but don't show size and I can't open any?

:)

DavidEastwood2, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Toshiba Ext Hard Drive

Hi Tony,

I realize that you are facing the issue connecting the external hard drive in Windows 10, let me assist you.

To assist you better, let us know the following details.

• Which build of Windows 10 is installed in your system?
    • What is the make and model of your system?
    • Do other USB devices are getting connected to the system?

As an initial step if troubleshooting, I suggest you to try connecting the external hard drive through different USB ports and check if it is getting detected, also try connecting the same external hard drive to a different Windows 10 system.

Also, connect the external hard drive to the system and check whether the device is shown in Device Manager.

• Type Device Manager in the Search bar and press
      Enter key.
    • Click on View option and click on Show hidden devices.
    • Check whether the device is shown.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Nov 26, 2018
  4. twynog Win User

Toshiba external hard drive

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Toshiba external hard drive

1. Toshiba external hard drive - Similar Threads - Toshiba external hard

2. 3 TB Toshiba external hard drive .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 TB Toshiba external hard drive .: 3 TB Toshiba external hard drive . Lights up when connected with the computer then shuts off The light not the drive . Troubleshooting says device cannot start code 10 . Then , problem with the driver. Says I have best driver . Tried reinstall . Reinstall fail all the time ....
  3. 3 TB Toshiba external hard drive .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 TB Toshiba external hard drive .: 3 TB Toshiba external hard drive . Lights up when connected with the computer then shuts off The light not the drive . Troubleshooting says device cannot start code 10 . Then , problem with the driver. Says I have best driver . Tried reinstall . Reinstall fail all the time ....
  4. Toshiba 1Tb external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Toshiba 1Tb external hard drive: Drive won't be recognized by Windows 10. Toshiba states it's because of a windows 10 update. How do I remedy this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-1tb-external-hard-drive/c97c98c0-f558-41d9-9099-f8690942888e
  5. Toshiba external hard disk not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Toshiba external hard disk not detected: I have a Toshiba external hard disk, model HDDR250E03X which isn't detected by my windows 10 dell laptop. The hard disk lights white when plugged in but windows doesn't show anything that indicates it's detected. What are the possible solutions? I have changed the ports,...
  6. 500 GB Toshiba External Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    500 GB Toshiba External Hard Drive.: Hi can anyone please help. Recently purchased the above unit, and it worked 100%, recently tried to backup my new computer [Windows 10 -Lenovo} and I now find, that my ex.hardrive only shows - 35 gb of free space it should be showing 465 gb ??????? .Please help/advise....
  7. Toshiba external hard drive not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba external hard drive not recognized: [ATTACH] This is a Toshiba 3Tb external hard drive I have used in the past and it worked fine until one day I got this error. I have tried updating drivers, windows says I have the latest version. I've looked into partitioning, windows doesn't even show the hard drive. I...
  8. Toshiba external hard drive not showing up in windows 10

Toshiba external hard drive not showing up in windows 10: Hi, I am trying to access my external hard drive on my laptop with windows 10 but it doesn't appear on devices and drives. I have had a look at the other forums for help but nothing has worked so far. I tried updating the drivers but they were up to date. I had a look at my...
  9. Toshiba external hard drive (HDD)1TB

Toshiba external hard drive (HDD)1TB: Hello, I have the above HDD and used it for storage for some while. I can no longer access the device. When I connect it to my laptop a light inside the unit flashes indicating it is receiving power. However, when I try to access the unit through "this pc" it is not showing...
  10. Toshiba external hard drive not detectible

Toshiba external hard drive not detectible: I have a Toshiba DWC250 5TB external drive formatted ReFS that I cannot detect in either Disk Management or by using DiskPart/List Disk. Cabling and power are sound. The unit is not user serviceable because the case is not designed to be opened. I use it in a storage pool on...