Windows 10: TOSHIBA EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT RECOGNISED...AGAIN

Discus and support TOSHIBA EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT RECOGNISED...AGAIN in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Many have asked this but most answers seem to involve the system showing the device as recognised but not working. My problem is that it won't even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ROCKETRON816, May 20, 2019.

1. TOSHIBA EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT RECOGNISED...AGAIN

Many have asked this but most answers seem to involve the system showing the device as recognised but not working. My problem is that it won't even recognise the device. I have tried it on a different system and it autoloads the software and is then fully functioning, however on my windows 10 desktop it won't even do that despite the autoplay settings being adjusted accordingly. I have checked drivers for all USB ports inc root USBs. If my PC won't even recognise the connection of the device how can I sort the settings etc. All other devices, phones, wireless mouse and keyboard all work fine in all the USB ports. Anyone with a good fix for this basic computer user please.

These screenshots show results of tests etc.

TOSHIBA EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT RECOGNISED...AGAIN 20cd362b-6a3f-4a58-8825-bdc8257115b7?upload=true.jpg

TOSHIBA EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT RECOGNISED...AGAIN 504bc909-d944-4235-b8b5-64fe96ec1392?upload=true.jpg

TOSHIBA EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT RECOGNISED...AGAIN 985a8c97-80bb-4dda-aeab-a9dce1dcbc64?upload=true.jpg

TOSHIBA EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT RECOGNISED...AGAIN 6589f243-2427-4364-8a28-3271b7ce69dd?upload=true.jpg

:)

ROCKETRON816, May 20, 2019
  2. scopio Win User

External hard drive not recognised

Worked out what the problem was with my external drive notbeing recognised. I looked under Device Manager > USB Controllers and there itwas listed with an exclamation mark with the error saying that "the driverfor this device is in memory" or words to that effect. I right clicked thecorresponding Mass Storage device and uninstalled it and then unplugged theexternal drive. I rebooted my desktop and plugged the external drive in againand it reinstalled its driver again and I am now able to use the external driveagain. TOSHIBA EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT RECOGNISED...AGAIN :)

scopio, May 20, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Toshiba Launches External 200GB 2.5" Portable Storage Device

Toshiba Storage Device Division (SDD), today introduced the world's first 200GB 2.5-inch USB 2.0 portable external hard drive capable of storing up to 57,000 digital photos, 52,000 MP3 music files, 88 DVD videos or 23 high-definition videos. The 200GB portable external hard drive delivers the highest capacity of any backup solution in the compact 2.5-inch hard drive class. Available in 200GB, 160GB, 120GB and 100GB capacities with 8MB buffer, Toshiba's new personal storage line offers consumers convenient and simple options for preserving and transporting treasured digital files. The 200GB drive is available now at Toshibadirect.com for a suggested retail price of $229. The 160GB model is priced at $180, the 120GB version for $150 and the 100GB drive for $130.

TOSHIBA EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT RECOGNISED...AGAIN toshiba_200gb_external_hdd_thm.jpg

Source: Toshiba

malware, May 20, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

TOSHIBA EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT RECOGNISED...AGAIN

Problem with my Toshiba external drive.

Good, now use the Diskpart commands SELECT DISK, LIST PARTITION and LIST VOLUME to find out what's on each. Use these commands in this order and post a screenshot of the results.

LIST DISK
    SELECT DISK 0
    LIST PARTITION
    SELECT DISK 1
    LIST PARTITION
    LIST VOLUME

This is what I see on my system with a (Toshiba, as it happens) usb drive plugged in. This Toshiba is Disk 1 and has two partitions.

TOSHIBA EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT RECOGNISED...AGAIN [​IMG]

Thema:

TOSHIBA EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT RECOGNISED...AGAIN

1. TOSHIBA EXTERNAL STORAGE NOT RECOGNISED...AGAIN - Similar Threads - TOSHIBA EXTERNAL STORAGE

2. external storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external storage: I have an ebook connected via usb but when I try to back up files to it I can't find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-storage/05d593e9-1751-430f-b8ea-5f508bc15fe2
  3. external storage

in Windows 10 Customization
    external storage: I have an ebook connected via usb but when I try to back up files to it I can't find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-storage/05d593e9-1751-430f-b8ea-5f508bc15fe2
  4. How to close open files in Toshiba Canvio external Storage device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to close open files in Toshiba Canvio external Storage device?: When the device is plugged in and I enter the password into the Storage Security Software, the following message appears - 'This operation cannot proceed because files are opened in the storage device. Please close all opened files and restart "storage security software". No...
  5. How to close open files in Toshiba Canvio external Storage device?

How to close open files in Toshiba Canvio external Storage device?: When the device is plugged in and I enter the password into the Storage Security Software, the following message appears - 'This operation cannot proceed because files are opened in the storage device. Please close all opened files and restart "storage security software". No...
  6. External Microphone not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Microphone not recognised: I have been trying to set up an external microphone for my laptop, except it refuses to recognise the device. The basic details are:-Windows 11 Home-Microphone is one that came in the LVLUP 6 in one gaming bundle-Laptop is MSI Katana GF66I have a headset with a microphone...
  7. External Microphone not recognised

External Microphone not recognised: I have been trying to set up an external microphone for my laptop, except it refuses to recognise the device. The basic details are:-Windows 11 Home-Microphone is one that came in the LVLUP 6 in one gaming bundle-Laptop is MSI Katana GF66I have a headset with a microphone...
  8. External storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External storage: Connected an external storage device but no wav files are being shown for my music media. Drive is being recognised but no files found. Help?***Moved from Gaming and Xbox/Hardware and network/Xbox on Windows***...
  9. external drives not recognised

external drives not recognised: Hi all. Following a fresh install of windows 10 home on my Asus notebook L200E yes, I know it's memory is limited but you can't add more as the memory in this type of device is located on chips on the motherboard, not a proper SSD etc. Since the install I have had to overcome...
  10. External Microphone Not Recognised

External Microphone Not Recognised: My laptop automatically detects when my headphones are plugged in and switches to them immediately for audio output, so I know there's no issue with my jack, but when I plug in my external mic Audio-Technica Condensor it doesn't recognize it at all, doesn't even show that its...