Windows 10: Toshiba Exterrnal Hard Drive compatibility

Discus and support Toshiba Exterrnal Hard Drive compatibility in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing a Toshiba Exterrnal Hard Drive for setup. The drive was put in a drawer and forgotten, and just pulled out.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JimSchaefer2, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Toshiba Exterrnal Hard Drive compatibility

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing a Toshiba Exterrnal Hard Drive for setup. The drive was put in a drawer and forgotten, and just pulled out. Box says it's compatible with pre-Windows 10 OS. Anybody know how to make it work with Windows 10?

:)

JimSchaefer2, Mar 21, 2021
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Toshiba Ext Hard Drive

Hi Tony,

I realize that you are facing the issue connecting the external hard drive in Windows 10, let me assist you.

To assist you better, let us know the following details.

• Which build of Windows 10 is installed in your system?
    • What is the make and model of your system?
    • Do other USB devices are getting connected to the system?

As an initial step if troubleshooting, I suggest you to try connecting the external hard drive through different USB ports and check if it is getting detected, also try connecting the same external hard drive to a different Windows 10 system.

Also, connect the external hard drive to the system and check whether the device is shown in Device Manager.

• Type Device Manager in the Search bar and press
      Enter key.
    • Click on View option and click on Show hidden devices.
    • Check whether the device is shown.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Mar 21, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Toshiba Introduces New Canvio Basics Portable Hard Drives

In an exceptional blend of data protection, portability and simplicity, Toshiba has unveiled the newest addition to its Canvio line of portable hard drive solutions – the Canvio Basics Portable Hard Drive family for the PC. Developed with ultimate usability in mind for the everyday consumer, the Canvio Basics requires only a single step to start saving and transporting important files: Plug it in. With no necessary software to install and available with 320 gigabytes (GB1), 500GB, or 750GB of storage space, the Canvio Basics offers a hassle-free, high capacity storage solution right out of the box.

“With the Canvio Basics line, we wanted to bring an effortless digital storage solution to the masses,” said Manuel Camarena, product manager for consumer storage at Toshiba Storage Device Division. “This new drive offers a sleek solution with plenty of storage capacity for the growing amount of digital content, from photos and videos to music and documents. The Canvio Basics is a convenient and versatile choice for anyone who needs the peace of mind that comes with high capacity portable external storage.”

Toshiba Exterrnal Hard Drive compatibility 137a_thm.jpg

The Canvio Basics’ one plug ease-of-use is complemented by the drive’s stylish design, courtesy of a glossy black finish and soft, rounded edges. Despite its light weight and diminutive size, the Canvio Basics hits above its weight when it comes to keeping files safe. An Internal Shock Sensor, Ramp Loading Technology, and a three year Limited Warranty combine for added peace of mind whether going from the dorm to the lecture hall, the home office to the conference room, or wherever else the Canvio Basics is needed.

Beyond its technical capabilities, the practicality of the Canvio Basics design is evident in the drive’s pocket-sized form factor, which not only makes it easy to carry, but also conforms to Toshiba’s environmental efforts to reduce the quantity of materials used in production. In addition, the Canvio Basics’ packaging is made from 100 percent recyclable materials.

Toshiba’s Canvio Basics Portable Hard Drives and the complete lineup of Canvio Portable Hard Drives can be found at major retailers and online outlets. For a full list of retailers, please visit this page. Suggested retail prices (USD) by capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Canvio Basics
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Canvio Basics
    • $119.99 for the 750GB Canvio Basics

btarunr, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Toshiba Exterrnal Hard Drive compatibility

Toshiba Ext Hard Drive

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my system won't recognise my external hard drive. Worked fine on Windows 8 .It is a Toshiba 1Tb basic. Any suggestions would be most appreciated as their are many family photos involved.

Thanks Tony

TonyWoodrye, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Toshiba Exterrnal Hard Drive compatibility

1. Toshiba Exterrnal Hard Drive compatibility - Similar Threads - Toshiba Exterrnal Hard

2. Cannot access the 4 Toshiba hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot access the 4 Toshiba hard drive: HiI recently bought a new pc. Mainboard with latest bios msi pro z690-a ddr4And now I have what I think is a permission problem on 4 of my hard drives files and folders after PC wakes up from sleep. A full reboot fixes the issue.My pc has 6 drives. 2 m2 SSD drives Samsung 980...
  3. 3 TB Toshiba external hard drive .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 TB Toshiba external hard drive .: 3 TB Toshiba external hard drive . Lights up when connected with the computer then shuts off The light not the drive . Troubleshooting says device cannot start code 10 . Then , problem with the driver. Says I have best driver . Tried reinstall . Reinstall fail all the time ....
  4. Toshiba 1Tb external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Toshiba 1Tb external hard drive: Drive won't be recognized by Windows 10. Toshiba states it's because of a windows 10 update. How do I remedy this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-1tb-external-hard-drive/c97c98c0-f558-41d9-9099-f8690942888e
  5. 500 GB Toshiba External Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    500 GB Toshiba External Hard Drive.: Hi can anyone please help. Recently purchased the above unit, and it worked 100%, recently tried to backup my new computer [Windows 10 -Lenovo} and I now find, that my ex.hardrive only shows - 35 gb of free space it should be showing 465 gb ??????? .Please help/advise....
  6. Toshiba external hard drive not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba external hard drive not recognized: [ATTACH] This is a Toshiba 3Tb external hard drive I have used in the past and it worked fine until one day I got this error. I have tried updating drivers, windows says I have the latest version. I've looked into partitioning, windows doesn't even show the hard drive. I...
  7. Toshiba Satellite laptop hard drive replacement

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Toshiba Satellite laptop hard drive replacement: I recently replaced my hard drive in my Toshiba Satellite laptop. I was running the Windows 10 upgrade 1809 when my hard drive went out. I went to a computer shop & bought a Toshiba 500 GB hard drive. It had a 320 GB Seagate in it before. My question is . I keep getting...
  8. Toshiba external hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba external hard drive: windows 10. I installed the harddrive. did everything by the book. The device has been recognised and the owners manual uploaded to device, then I backed up to device, but can't open any files. The file icons are shown, but don't show size and I can't open any?...
  9. Toshiba external hard drive not detectible

Toshiba external hard drive not detectible: I have a Toshiba DWC250 5TB external drive formatted ReFS that I cannot detect in either Disk Management or by using DiskPart/List Disk. Cabling and power are sound. The unit is not user serviceable because the case is not designed to be opened. I use it in a storage pool on...
  10. Hard drives and Motherboard Compatibility

Hard drives and Motherboard Compatibility: I have an Asus Z170M-E D3 and a Hardware compatibility list that I downloaded from Asus.com. My 3TB WD EZRZ isn't on that list. Does that mean I can't or shouldn't use it? 63816