Windows 10: Toshiba function key

Discus and support Toshiba function key in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [IMG]I’m using a toshiba laptop, forgot exactly how old, but the problem is really just annoying. Whenever I use the function key to turn on the numpad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by creeperguy78, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Toshiba function key

Toshiba function key [​IMG]I’m using a toshiba laptop, forgot exactly how old, but the problem is really just annoying. Whenever I use the function key to turn on the numpad overlay, I get the message saying its on but the problem is the message doesn’t go away and stays there bothering me. Please tell if there’s a way to stop it. thank you.

:)

creeperguy78, Jan 1, 2020
  2. nc4pk Win User

Toshiba Win10 Upgrade: No Function Keys (Brightness or Volume keys etc) after upgrade

After talking with Toshiba Support, here is the permanent fix:

Go to the Toshiba Windows 10 upgrade page: Toshiba : Select Region

1) Choose your country

2) At the top of the page, click on "Upgrade"

3) Scroll down the page and click on the "Click here to get information on upgrading your system" link

4) Scroll down this page and find the 'Download Toshiba Drivers for Windows 10', then click the "Download Drivers" link

5) Enter your Series, Model & Model Code details, then SUBMIT

6) Now you should see a variety of drivers (copy the URL of this page, as you will need to return to complete the last step). The only drivers we should be concerned with are:

• Toshiba System Driver (32/64bit) - download this driver first, install it...then RESTART your PC.

Navigate to the same webpage (which lists the drivers)...

• Toshiba Function Key (32/64bit) - download this driver last, install it...then RESTART your PC.

This was a permanent fix for me.

nc4pk, Jan 1, 2020
  3. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Toshiba function key

Toshiba - Function or FN keys not working? Try this...

Recently I had to completely start over on my laptop. Full delete, format and reinstall of windows twas the only was to defeat the 'endless reboot loop'. Yes, I tried everything I could find... but after a fortnight of trying, retrying and working through
    countless errors and fixes that lead to more errors. Even after all that there was installation issues and blah, blah, blah...

Sobutanyways, I finally got it up and running and thought that all was good. However, the F1 - F12 buttons would not perform their special function without first pressing the FN button first. I still had to press FN for volume, brightness, and so on. I
    tried changing the settings in BIOS and a number of other alleged fixes I found on many sites for this issue but to no avail. Finally, by looking on Toshiba's website, I came across something that immediately fixed the problem!

What to do to fix this issue:

1. Go to the link listed below to download the Toshiba Function Key Utility.

2. Run the downloaded file.

3. Reset, as it suggests.

4. Enjoy the glorious usage of your FN buttons. ^_^

Link:

Toshiba Function Key Utility

Toshiba Function Key Utility

Hope this helps,

- J

Jordan Nikolai, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Toshiba function key

1. Toshiba function key - Similar Threads - Toshiba function key

2. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function Keys: Hi, how do I make a certain Fn key disabled and reprogram it for another use? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/7966f3a3-0163-4e51-83b7-203ac4f42301
  3. Toshiba Function keys not working after windows 10 update.[Solved]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba Function keys not working after windows 10 update.[Solved]: This is not a question but a solution.I have Toshiba Satellite C660. When I use to install wins 10 on it. The Fn keys were working expect the brightness up/down. but right after 1st drivers updates the Fn keys use to stop working. Basically the problem is caused by Dynabook...
  4. Toshiba Function keys not working after windows 10 update.[Solved]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba Function keys not working after windows 10 update.[Solved]: This is not a question but a solution.I have Toshiba Satellite C660. When I use to install wins 10 on it. The Fn keys were working expect the brightness up/down. but right after 1st drivers updates the Fn keys use to stop working. Basically the problem is caused by Dynabook...
  5. Toshiba Function keys not working after windows 10 update.[Solved]

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Function keys

Function keys: I have the Microsoft bluetooth keyboards and would like to be able to use the function keys like a normal keyboard. How can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/95b2359d-6356-490f-a73a-06783cea15a2
  7. No Keyboard Functionality on Toshiba Laptop

No Keyboard Functionality on Toshiba Laptop: Someone gave me a laptop to fix up. The exact model is the Toshiba Satellite P755-S5260. It's original operating system was Windows 7 but the owner upgraded it to Windows 10. I was able to get it working again by removing and reconnecting the battery and then using Reset this...
  8. Function Keys

Function Keys: I accidently pressed a function key with another key (don't know which for sure) and now ALL my text (letters) are in miniature. Since I don't which keys caused this, I don't know which ones will reverse the situation....
  9. Toshiba - Function or FN keys not working? Try this...

Toshiba - Function or FN keys not working? Try this...: Recently I had to completely start over on my laptop. Full delete, format and reinstall of windows twas the only was to defeat the 'endless reboot loop'. Yes, I tried everything I could find... but after a fortnight of trying, retrying and working through countless errors...
  10. The function keys

in Windows 10 Support
    The function keys: I have an HP 15ayoo9dx lap top. The Function keys (or action keys as they call them) can be enabled or disabled by going in the BIOS. I’m trying to decide if I want to disable or enable. What is the difference? Thank you. 71327

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Fanction key toshiba instal windows

2. Toshiba Function key Utility

3. Toshiba Function Key driver Windows 7

4. Toshiba Function keys Windows 10 download,
  5. toshiba window 10 pc keyboard function,
  6. nu vot,
  7. TOSHIBA Function Key