Windows 10: Toshiba Hard Disk Drive MK3261GSYN not responding! I have a lot of important files there...

Discus and support Toshiba Hard Disk Drive MK3261GSYN not responding! I have a lot of important files there... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I plugged my hard drive to my laptop with connection cable to transfer the data to my laptop and it worked just fine until I accidentally hit it with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by _Miha_, Jan 18, 2020.

1. _Miha_ Win User

Toshiba Hard Disk Drive MK3261GSYN not responding! I have a lot of important files there...

I plugged my hard drive to my laptop with connection cable to transfer the data to my laptop and it worked just fine until I accidentally hit it with a hard object, don't ask how that happened... The shock wasn't that strong but I think that's the reason why it stopped responding about 10 minutes after the hit. Just to clarify the disk is still spinning and sounds like it's alright but I can't access any files saved there.

So now when I connect it to my computer and open file explorer it says "Local Disk G:". and doesn't show it's size or anything and if I try to open it, it freezes and after a few minutes, the explorer crashes. If I unplug it, the computer immediately starts working normally.

Toshiba Hard Disk Drive MK3261GSYN not responding! I have a lot of important files there... 3e8dc35f-90e6-465d-af0d-428069a3a6ff?upload=true.png

Also when I connect it and then after every few minutes this screen pops up, the same happens when I disconnect it. Toshiba Hard Disk Drive MK3261GSYN not responding! I have a lot of important files there... f792824a-cc34-4e75-9638-ce2fa178576b?upload=true.png

If I go to Device Manager it shows it's correct name and also shows under portable devices which is fine as I connected it via connection cable.

Toshiba Hard Disk Drive MK3261GSYN not responding! I have a lot of important files there... 75a5694e-0cf8-4e07-ac94-6aaf5a472897?upload=true.png

Toshiba Hard Disk Drive MK3261GSYN not responding! I have a lot of important files there... b3d0e393-e396-429a-93d6-1aaa14097005?upload=true.png

If I open it's properties in Device Manager it says the device is working properly but I can't access any files.

Toshiba Hard Disk Drive MK3261GSYN not responding! I have a lot of important files there... b0b7c342-4df7-41fb-b7d0-35be2a885185?upload=true.png

Also when I open Volumes tab and click Populate it keeps loading, but when I unplugged it some Information appeared and the Capacity is correct so it can still read some things which means I should be able to get at least some data from it, that's what I hope.

Toshiba Hard Disk Drive MK3261GSYN not responding! I have a lot of important files there... 7ecc081d-7d58-4bcd-a32b-d0893f685dc2?upload=true.png

Here is also what is under Driver tab if that helps.

Toshiba Hard Disk Drive MK3261GSYN not responding! I have a lot of important files there... ebb0835b-1c32-442f-a6e5-ed705072f950?upload=true.png

I tried multiple file recovery softwares and they all seemed to crash or didn't find the hard disk drive. If you know any that think would work I will still try them.

I saw someone else had the same problem but his solution, unfortunately, doesn't work for me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...sponding/feb36fc0-6968-4344-9823-3a5a12ec0a7f

Any help is appreciated!!

:)

_Miha_, Jan 18, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Toshiba Introduces New Canvio Basics Portable Hard Drives

In an exceptional blend of data protection, portability and simplicity, Toshiba has unveiled the newest addition to its Canvio line of portable hard drive solutions – the Canvio Basics Portable Hard Drive family for the PC. Developed with ultimate usability in mind for the everyday consumer, the Canvio Basics requires only a single step to start saving and transporting important files: Plug it in. With no necessary software to install and available with 320 gigabytes (GB1), 500GB, or 750GB of storage space, the Canvio Basics offers a hassle-free, high capacity storage solution right out of the box.

“With the Canvio Basics line, we wanted to bring an effortless digital storage solution to the masses,” said Manuel Camarena, product manager for consumer storage at Toshiba Storage Device Division. “This new drive offers a sleek solution with plenty of storage capacity for the growing amount of digital content, from photos and videos to music and documents. The Canvio Basics is a convenient and versatile choice for anyone who needs the peace of mind that comes with high capacity portable external storage.”

Toshiba Hard Disk Drive MK3261GSYN not responding! I have a lot of important files there... 137a_thm.jpg

The Canvio Basics’ one plug ease-of-use is complemented by the drive’s stylish design, courtesy of a glossy black finish and soft, rounded edges. Despite its light weight and diminutive size, the Canvio Basics hits above its weight when it comes to keeping files safe. An Internal Shock Sensor, Ramp Loading Technology, and a three year Limited Warranty combine for added peace of mind whether going from the dorm to the lecture hall, the home office to the conference room, or wherever else the Canvio Basics is needed.

Beyond its technical capabilities, the practicality of the Canvio Basics design is evident in the drive’s pocket-sized form factor, which not only makes it easy to carry, but also conforms to Toshiba’s environmental efforts to reduce the quantity of materials used in production. In addition, the Canvio Basics’ packaging is made from 100 percent recyclable materials.

Toshiba’s Canvio Basics Portable Hard Drives and the complete lineup of Canvio Portable Hard Drives can be found at major retailers and online outlets. For a full list of retailers, please visit this page. Suggested retail prices (USD) by capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Canvio Basics
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Canvio Basics
    • $119.99 for the 750GB Canvio Basics

btarunr, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Toshiba External Drive wont respond even though it connects

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the information.

Let’s check if this is an issue with external drive. I would suggest you to connect the external drive in different computer and check if you are able to open the drive.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

chkdsk /f
    Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check.

Hope this information is helpful. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 18, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Toshiba Hard Disk Drive MK3261GSYN not responding! I have a lot of important files there...

Toshiba Unveils Canvio Connect II Portable Hard Drive

Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced the Canvio Connect II portable hard drive, a device that takes portable storage to the next level. Available with up to 3TB of storage capacity, remote access capabilities, local and cloud backup and the ability to share and stream content, the Canvio Connect II portable hard drive is an all-in-one portable storage solution.

The Canvio Connect II portable hard drive makes it simple to back up not just files and folders, but a complete system-or customize backups to your exact needs and specifications. Users can secure backups with user defined password protection, or cloud storage. With the ability to schedule backups to run automatically, the Canvio Connect II portable hard drive will take care of the rest.

Toshiba Hard Disk Drive MK3261GSYN not responding! I have a lot of important files there... 31a_thm.jpg

Toshiba will offer portable storage with capacities up to 3TB, to accommodate ever-expanding content libraries. With a sleek, iconic design and a high gloss finish, the Canvio Connect II portable hard drive is available in five colors: black, white, blue, red and satin gold.

"Digital content creation has grown exponentially. The Canvio Connect II was created with this understanding in mind," said Maciek Brzeski, Vice President, Branded Storage, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "With expanded storage capacity, sleek design and five vibrant color options, the Canvio Connect II takes portable hard drive storage to a new level."

Additional features include:

Store & Backup
    • Store your files in a centralized place next to your PC or Mac
    • Complete backup solution for protecting digital memories
    • Files & folder backup & restore
    • Full system backup & recovery
    • Cloud-enabled backup
    • Schedule backups to run automatically
    • Secure backups with user defined password-protection
    Access & Share
    • Access and share content from your devices anywhere via the internet
    • Upload and download content from your devices easily
    • Share massive files and folders instantly from the PC and Canvio Connect II HDD
    • Includes 10GB of free cloud storage for storing copies of your most important files
    Mobility
    • Access content remotely from mobile devices
    • Back up content from mobile devices
    • Pocket-sized, easy to carry
    Pricing and Availability
    The Toshiba Canvio Connect II will be available for purchase later this month in 500GB - $99.99 MSRP, 1TB - $119.99 MSRP and 2TB - $199.99 MSRP sizes at various retailers and on toshiba.com/us. A 3TB model will release later this year.

btarunr, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Toshiba Hard Disk Drive MK3261GSYN not responding! I have a lot of important files there... - Similar Threads - Toshiba Hard Disk

2. Hard Drive Disk Image File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Disk Image File: HelloI have a question, is it safe to delete Hard Drive Disk Image File under Windows C: because the file is 100GB which is alot for meHope that someone answers meBest Regards ElavPuder...
  3. Hard Drive Disk Image File

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive Disk Image File: HelloI have a question, is it safe to delete Hard Drive Disk Image File under Windows C: because the file is 100GB which is alot for meHope that someone answers meBest Regards ElavPuder...
  4. Hard Drive/Disk File Removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive/Disk File Removal: Hello there. Writing because I purchased an external hard drive to get back into some old hard drive files. It works on two but on my last removal from a Toshiba- There is no info coming up. No x gb out of xgb available. When the drive is listed under my computer.What is this...
  5. Hard Drive/Disk File Removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive/Disk File Removal: Hello there. Writing because I purchased an external hard drive to get back into some old hard drive files. It works on two but on my last removal from a Toshiba- There is no info coming up. No x gb out of xgb available. When the drive is listed under my computer.What is this...
  6. Internal Hard disk drive Import failed. Please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internal Hard disk drive Import failed. Please help!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vyomkhare [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mo12ce/internal_hard_disk_drive_import_failed_please_help/
  7. Toshiba external hard disk not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Toshiba external hard disk not detected: I have a Toshiba external hard disk, model HDDR250E03X which isn't detected by my windows 10 dell laptop. The hard disk lights white when plugged in but windows doesn't show anything that indicates it's detected. What are the possible solutions? I have changed the ports,...
  8. Toshiba hard disk not showing

Toshiba hard disk not showing: Hi, I am having a Toshiba Canvio 2 TB hard disk you can see right now in screenshot [ATTACH] But many a times I am encountering a situation where hard disk when plugged in USB is not visible in my computer as see the following screenshot. [ATTACH] now see the...
  9. Toshiba external hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba external hard drive: windows 10. I installed the harddrive. did everything by the book. The device has been recognised and the owners manual uploaded to device, then I backed up to device, but can't open any files. The file icons are shown, but don't show size and I can't open any?...
  10. Toshiba Portable hard disk is not detecting

Toshiba Portable hard disk is not detecting: Dear Sir/Ma'am, My toshiba portable hard disk is not detecting in MY PC, but in shows in devices & printer, Please help me by telling me the changes made in the settings to detect it. Regards Anurag Mishra...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot