Windows 10: Toshiba hard disk not showing

Discus and support Toshiba hard disk not showing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am having a Toshiba Canvio 2 TB hard disk you can see right now in screenshot [ATTACH] But many a times I am encountering a situation where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by datatraveler2012, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Toshiba hard disk not showing

Hi,

I am having a Toshiba Canvio 2 TB hard disk you can see right now in screenshot

Toshiba hard disk not showing 2c892f8d-d9df-4bfb-acb8-75a13b63724c?upload=true.jpg

But many a times I am encountering a situation where hard disk when plugged in USB is not visible in my computer

as see the following screenshot.

Toshiba hard disk not showing 22651973-e795-4a3d-bf02-b0cf8bc8f41e?upload=true.jpg

now see the devmgmt.msc panel when the hard disk is detected as usb mass storage device Toshiba hard disk not showing 391fb779-446b-4497-b50b-e2b8de19a03d?upload=true.png

Now see another screenshot of devmgmt.msc when the hard disk is attached to USB port but it is not detected.

Toshiba hard disk not showing c55752b4-845b-4b58-acc6-360857e7f4e6?upload=true.jpg

You can also see the hard disk not being available in diskmgmt.msc

Toshiba hard disk not showing 2830fc24-1e28-4f9d-aedb-e04fab83f18a?upload=true.jpg

Now you see another screenshot when this same hard disk is recognized in diskmgmt.msc Toshiba hard disk not showing 4dd487d5-ee92-4c5f-a96e-c66a68de2e17?upload=true.jpg

So some times the hard disk is detected some times it is not please let me know what else can I look into it?

I tried to update drivers also but it seems best drivers are installed.

Toshiba hard disk not showing ecb10684-2d95-44c9-9203-f860d982ce62?upload=true.jpg

:)

datatraveler2012, Sep 9, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Hard disk partition not showing up.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This can happen if the Hard-disk drivers are not up-to date. I would suggest you to update the hard disk drivers first. To update the drivers, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Then Expand “Disk drives”.
    3. Then Right click on the Hard-disk listed under this category.
    4. Then click on Update drivers.
    5. Alternatively you can also try to update the drivers from manufacturer’s website.

Once the hard-disk drivers are updated, you will need to allocate the last partition (it is not allocated according to the screenshot) and you will be able to view the partition.

Also note that sometimes the hard disk partitions/drives might be hidden in This PC or My Computer window due to a Registry key. If a DWORD with the name NoViewOnDrive or NoDrives is present under following key in Registry Editor:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer

Delete the DWORD and your drives will become visible in My Computer window.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Toshiba Portable hard disk is not detecting

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

My toshiba portable hard disk is not detecting in MY PC, but in shows in devices & printer,

Please help me by telling me the changes made in the settings to detect it.

Regards

Anurag Mishra

AnuragMishra1, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Toshiba hard disk not showing

Toshiba Stor.E Alu2 750GB external hard disk drive is not showing up.

Hello. I recently bought a new computer in which Windows 10 Enterprise x64 are installed. I have the aforementioned external HDD and I wanted to transfer some of my old files to my new computer. However, not only is my Toshiba ext. HDD not recognised, it
    does not even show up! The lamp of the Toshiba HDD shows that it works, but it cannot be shown up in Windows. Device Management does not list it under Hard Disks at all! It's like the external HDD doesn't exist, or isn't even connected!! I
    have tried using every USB port, even USB 3.0 (which I know is not compatible with), but nothing happens.

Can anybody please give me an answer on what can I do for it to work?

Thank you in advance.

Νίκος Δ, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Toshiba hard disk not showing

1. Toshiba hard disk not showing - Similar Threads - Toshiba hard disk

2. HARD DISK IS SHOWING RAW

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HARD DISK IS SHOWING RAW: Hard disk showing raw message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-is-showing-raw/e64ed05b-48bb-4594-a226-2914a72ea49a
  3. HARD DISK IS SHOWING RAW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HARD DISK IS SHOWING RAW: Hard disk showing raw message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-is-showing-raw/e64ed05b-48bb-4594-a226-2914a72ea49a
  4. HARD DISK IS SHOWING RAW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard Disk Drive not showing/appearing.

Hard Disk Drive not showing/appearing.: Hello Community! My laptop has 1 SSD Window is installed in it and 1 HDD For all of the storage. A few days ago, when I turned on my laptop, my HDD didn't appear on This PC. I tried unchecking and rechecking the Sata 1, 2 & 3 from BIOS but nothing works. When unchecked, the...
  6. Hard disk drive not show

Hard disk drive not show: Why local disk E drive space do not show? Please help me. My genuine windows and documents were in this E drive. Now windows installed in C drive SSD. Please give me some replay how can i get my documents and show disk space....
  7. Toshiba external hard disk not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Toshiba external hard disk not detected: I have a Toshiba external hard disk, model HDDR250E03X which isn't detected by my windows 10 dell laptop. The hard disk lights white when plugged in but windows doesn't show anything that indicates it's detected. What are the possible solutions? I have changed the ports,...
  8. Cannot install Toshiba External Hard-Disk

Cannot install Toshiba External Hard-Disk: It was working great when I first install Toshiba Canvio advance Storage Backup. Recently I need to look into my old file, then I cannot open Toshiba External Hard Disk. I deleted the program and try to reinstall the software; now I can not install this software again, I get...
  9. Hard Disk Icons Not Showing Properly

Hard Disk Icons Not Showing Properly: [img] I reformated by F: Drive using third party software since windows can't format it by himself. Now, my F drive icon is showing properly but not those other drives i have. 122960
  10. Toshiba Portable hard disk is not detecting

Toshiba Portable hard disk is not detecting: Dear Sir/Ma'am, My toshiba portable hard disk is not detecting in MY PC, but in shows in devices & printer, Please help me by telling me the changes made in the settings to detect it. Regards Anurag Mishra...