Windows 10: Toshiba internal drive not showing up

Discus and support Toshiba internal drive not showing up in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've recently switched pc's and moved my ssd and hdd to the new computer. Unfortunately while ssd is showing up and working juzt fine, the most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zofia Szewczyk, Apr 7, 2023.

1. Toshiba internal drive not showing up

I've recently switched pc's and moved my ssd and hdd to the new computer. Unfortunately while ssd is showing up and working juzt fine, the most important hdd when I have all of my files isn't even showing up in the drive management. It's not being detected at all. Is Toshiba hdd simply not compatible with windows 11? I've already run the disc on other computers and it works juzt fine, I got it installed at the service too. I simply don't know what could be the issue here.

:)

Zofia Szewczyk, Apr 7, 2023
  2. btarunr Win User

Toshiba Announces New 6 TB Internal and External Hard Drives

Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today introduced a 6 TB capacity for the Toshiba Canvio Desk 3.5" External USB 3.0 Hard Drive and Toshiba Desk 3.5" Internal Serial ATA 3.0 Hard Drive, devices that provide a convenient and reliable way to increase the storage capacity of your computer either as an upgrade or extension of your computer.

The Canvio Desk external hard drive is preloaded with software to make backup fast and simple. The system recovery software scans your system and recommends the best coverage for your computer. Choose between backing up your files to the cloud or backing up your files and folders to your Canvio Desk hard drive. "Toshiba has been developing and manufacturing hard drives for more than 20 years," said Maciek Brzeski, Vice President of Branded Storage Products, Toshiba Digital Products Division. "The time is right to upgrade our offerings not only to meet, but to exceed consumers' expectations by expanding the offerings of our internal and external 3.5" hard drives."

Toshiba internal drive not showing up 80a_thm.jpg

Toshiba has been providing storage solutions worldwide since 1967 and has more than 47 years of experience developing storage offerings that complement our comprehensive ecosystem of devices. Leveraging an annual $3.1 billion investment in Toshiba Corporation's worldwide research and development, Toshiba continues to push the boundaries of storage technology to meet customers' needs.

Pricing and Availability

The Canvio Desk 3.5" Internal and External Hard Drives will be available for purchase in May 2015 at select retailers and on toshiba.com for $369.00 MSRP for both the 6TB internal and external models. A three year Standard Limited Warranty4 is included with each model sold in the Americas.

btarunr, Apr 7, 2023
  3. windows 10 internal drive d how to take back ownership of the hardrive?

Hi Steve,

To help you with your concern regarding the internal hard drive, let me suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Right-click on the Drive D:
    • Select Properties
    • Click Security tab then select Advanced
    • Select Change after the Owner: line

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Apr 7, 2023
  4. btarunr Win User

Toshiba internal drive not showing up

Toshiba Introduces New Canvio Basics Portable Hard Drives

In an exceptional blend of data protection, portability and simplicity, Toshiba has unveiled the newest addition to its Canvio line of portable hard drive solutions – the Canvio Basics Portable Hard Drive family for the PC. Developed with ultimate usability in mind for the everyday consumer, the Canvio Basics requires only a single step to start saving and transporting important files: Plug it in. With no necessary software to install and available with 320 gigabytes (GB1), 500GB, or 750GB of storage space, the Canvio Basics offers a hassle-free, high capacity storage solution right out of the box.

“With the Canvio Basics line, we wanted to bring an effortless digital storage solution to the masses,” said Manuel Camarena, product manager for consumer storage at Toshiba Storage Device Division. “This new drive offers a sleek solution with plenty of storage capacity for the growing amount of digital content, from photos and videos to music and documents. The Canvio Basics is a convenient and versatile choice for anyone who needs the peace of mind that comes with high capacity portable external storage.”

Toshiba internal drive not showing up 137a_thm.jpg

The Canvio Basics’ one plug ease-of-use is complemented by the drive’s stylish design, courtesy of a glossy black finish and soft, rounded edges. Despite its light weight and diminutive size, the Canvio Basics hits above its weight when it comes to keeping files safe. An Internal Shock Sensor, Ramp Loading Technology, and a three year Limited Warranty combine for added peace of mind whether going from the dorm to the lecture hall, the home office to the conference room, or wherever else the Canvio Basics is needed.

Beyond its technical capabilities, the practicality of the Canvio Basics design is evident in the drive’s pocket-sized form factor, which not only makes it easy to carry, but also conforms to Toshiba’s environmental efforts to reduce the quantity of materials used in production. In addition, the Canvio Basics’ packaging is made from 100 percent recyclable materials.

Toshiba’s Canvio Basics Portable Hard Drives and the complete lineup of Canvio Portable Hard Drives can be found at major retailers and online outlets. For a full list of retailers, please visit this page. Suggested retail prices (USD) by capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Canvio Basics
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Canvio Basics
    • $119.99 for the 750GB Canvio Basics

btarunr, Apr 7, 2023
Thema:

Toshiba internal drive not showing up

1. Toshiba internal drive not showing up - Similar Threads - Toshiba internal drive

2. Toshiba internal drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba internal drive not showing up: I've recently switched pc's and moved my ssd and hdd to the new computer. Unfortunately while ssd is showing up and working juzt fine, the most important hdd when I have all of my files isn't even showing up in the drive management. It's not being detected at all. Is Toshiba...
  3. Internal Laptop Drive doesnt show Up in diskpart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Laptop Drive doesnt show Up in diskpart: Hello Guys,I locked my Laptop through bitlocker and forgot my Password. Because of that I cleaned the encrypted Disk with diskpart planning to reinstall Windows with a USB Drive. diskpart and than "Clean"But now, I cant select the Drive to Install Windows on and IT doesnt...
  4. Internal Laptop Drive doesnt show Up in diskpart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal Laptop Drive doesnt show Up in diskpart: Hello Guys,I locked my Laptop through bitlocker and forgot my Password. Because of that I cleaned the encrypted Disk with diskpart planning to reinstall Windows with a USB Drive. diskpart and than "Clean"But now, I cant select the Drive to Install Windows on and IT doesnt...
  5. Internal Laptop Drive doesnt show Up in diskpart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Toshiba external hard drive not showing up in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba external hard drive not showing up in windows 10: Hi, I am trying to access my external hard drive on my laptop with windows 10 but it doesn't appear on devices and drives. I have had a look at the other forums for help but nothing has worked so far. I tried updating the drivers but they were up to date. I had a look at my...
  7. Showing eject of the internal drives

Showing eject of the internal drives: Yesterday I tried to convert the SATA options from IDE to AHIC I searched over the internet and found that I can't directly change those options and I need a windows registry fix to do it, so I did that and changed the SATA option from IDE to AHIC At boot up I got an error...
  8. Internal drive not showing up

Internal drive not showing up: The internal D: drive on my laptop isn't showing up anymore after downloading a game from steam and getting a disk corrupt error message every now and again. It doesn't show up on Disk Management or Command or anything. Do I just bring it to someone and get a new compatible...
  9. Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media

Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media: After clean install of Win 10 ver 1803 two (2) internal hard drives now appear in taskbar as removable and in fact can be removed....neither are the primary drive but backup drives....anyone else having this situation...have attempted registry changes as outlined below but...
  10. Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt

Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt: Hello! My disk was full of useless junk, so I decided to format it. It worked fine until earlier today, where when I booted up my pc, it vanished from explorer. "Odd", I thought. So I went to Disk Mgmt and formatted it again. It shows up as a healthy partition in Disk Mgmt...