Windows 10: Toshiba L655 won't boot past black failed to start screen.

Discus and support Toshiba L655 won't boot past black failed to start screen. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Toshiba L655 stops trying to boot after about 3 seconds. A black screen comes up saying "The boot configuration data file does not contain a valid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jimmy R K, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Jimmy R K Win User

Toshiba L655 won't boot past black failed to start screen.

My Toshiba L655 stops trying to boot after about 3 seconds. A black screen comes up saying "The boot configuration data file does not contain a valid OS entry". I can't get past this screen. I've tried booting with repair USB disk, all kinds of key combinations, removed/replaced battery, restarted 3 times, etc. Nothing works.

Presently running Windows 10 with fresh update. Computer came with Windows 7, updated to Windows 10, several years ago.

Does anyone know a way to boot to the command prompt, or just boot past this black screen? Thanks!

:)

Jimmy R K, Nov 24, 2020
  2. JJDWwii Win User

Restore failed now it will not boot past a black screen

Restore failed, now it will not boot past a black screen. I was doing a full clean and restore of windows 10 and it was goin ok till I got an error saying that windows failed to restore and it had only option Cancel.

not it will load the post screen on my laptop and then its just a black screen and that's is. I let is sit for almost 5 hours and still nothing.

so I put in a USB stick and told to boot form that to maybe to a clean installs and it starts to boot then nothing. there is nothing wrong with the hardware I checked it all out. any ideas?

JJDWwii, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Nov 24, 2020
  4. CodeSh33p Win User

Black Screen on Boot

My pc has dumped while working in Unity and won`t boot properly anymore. All it does is showing me a black screen with a loading circle followed by a complete black screen with nothing. I can`t even see the login screen. I tried various shortcuts and methods
    but nothing helped. Here are my observations and some information.

• I don`t have an onboard graphics card
    • I can boot up secure mode without a problem
    • I can boot into uefi without a problem
    • I can boot into windows repair screen and interact there without a problem
    • I can boot into grub from an linux dist on my usb Stick but when i trz to boot into linux the same problem occurres
    • it is possible though to boot into linux compatible version
    • Windows key + Ctrl + Shift + B on black screen (nothing happened)

• Ctrl + Shift + ESC to open taskmanager on black screen(nothing happened)
    • i`ve tried uninstalling and installing a fresh version of my graphics card driver but the black screen is still apearing
    • i`ve checked whether my windows installation or my disk is damage but both are fine
    • i`ve tried to perform a clean boot but it is also not working
    • i`ve tried to repair windows with an windows image on my usb stick but it resulted in the same problem midway through it
    I thought my graphics card is broken but than again why is it booting into secure mode at all?

CodeSh33p, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Toshiba L655 won't boot past black failed to start screen. - Similar Threads - Toshiba L655 won't

2. Where is the jumper to reset BIOS on Toshiba Satellite L655

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the jumper to reset BIOS on Toshiba Satellite L655: Where is the jumper to reset BIOS on Toshiba Satellite L655 kindly help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-jumper-to-reset-bios-on-toshiba/0965de46-a196-4e37-a3e1-ba6db6f63828
  3. Where is the jumper to reset BIOS on Toshiba Satellite L655

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the jumper to reset BIOS on Toshiba Satellite L655: Where is the jumper to reset BIOS on Toshiba Satellite L655 kindly help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-jumper-to-reset-bios-on-toshiba/0965de46-a196-4e37-a3e1-ba6db6f63828
  4. Windows won't boot,black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't boot,black screen: Hi,recently my laptop has been refusing to boot.I can not access the safe mode,I can not restore or repair.I tried booting from usb but it just loads forever,it loaded for 2 days without nothing happening.Please help.At this point I just want to start afresh I had backed up...
  5. Toshiba not booting past recovery screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    Toshiba not booting past recovery screen.: My Toshiba Satellite C70D laptop won't boot past the recovery mode. The night before it 'died' I was trying to save a doc and it said I didn't have permissions to save to the folder and that I had to be an Admin (which I am). The next morning I woke to a black screen. Did...
  6. Laptop boots into a black screen - safe mode won't boot - usb start up disk won't boot.

Laptop boots into a black screen - safe mode won't boot - usb start up disk won't boot.: Hello Experts... please read carefully as I have tried many things already that I have researched. I have a laptop ASUS that will not boot properly. I can never get to the logon screen. I have done the following: 1. Boot the laptop, then hard power it off, boot the...
  7. Toshiba satellite black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba satellite black screen: Toshiba stuck at "Leading Innovation" screen. After starting a system reset, I came back to a message saying "error: System reset unsucessful" or something similar to that. Now when it tries to boot it just puts up the product screen, goes black, then brings up the screen...
  8. On boot gets past windows loading then black screen

On boot gets past windows loading then black screen: Hello I have got a Dell Latitude E6420 that after it gets past the Windows 10 loading screen after being turned on the screen goes black (backlight is on though). If you plug in an external screen you can see the desktop with no issues. I have tried updating the graphic...
  9. Windows won't boot past Dell screen

Windows won't boot past Dell screen: My Inspiron 15-7000 series with Windows 10 will not boot. It gets stuck on the Dell logo screen, or, when it tries to start the Recovery tool on the Dell screen, it gets stuck there, too. I tried to get to the Safe Mode screen, but couldn't get there. Any fix for this??...
  10. Toshiba Satellite L655-S5072 audio driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba Satellite L655-S5072 audio driver issue: Hi folks! Have a friend with a Toshiba Satellite L655-S5072 laptop bought around 2009. Device Manager shows a High Definition Audio Device driver. It has no sound when playing anything from YouTube, however, can use ear buds, and listen to whatever. Plan to uninstall...