Windows 10: Toshiba laptop freezing after Windows feature update to 1909

Discus and support Toshiba laptop freezing after Windows feature update to 1909 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My wife has a Toshiba L635 Satellite laptop and we made the mistake of updating to Window s 10 1909 recently. The system now freezes randomly making... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnKempzy, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Toshiba laptop freezing after Windows feature update to 1909

My wife has a Toshiba L635 Satellite laptop and we made the mistake of updating to Window s 10 1909 recently. The system now freezes randomly making it almost unusable. I originally thought the issue was a failing HD so replaced it with a newer SSD and installed Windows 10 1909 from the MS website. The problem persists and no amount of troubleshooting that I have tried from online resources has helped.

The specs are...

500 gb Western Digital SSD

6 gb DDR3 RAM

Intel Core i3-380M Processor; 2.53 GHz

Mobile Intel HD Integrated Graphics up to 1696 MB

The PC ran previous versions of Windows 10 without problems but there is no rollback option after replacing the drive.

Any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks,

John Kemp

:)

JohnKempzy, Apr 13, 2020

2. 1909 Feature update slowed my Toshiba laptop to a crawl

Hi Roly,

unfortunately 6-year old laptop may be too old for Toshiba to release updates.

Each new major Windows release is a new OS in fact. Manufacturers may or may not update their drivers to make their products compatible with new Windows versions.

Please check Toshiba site or ask support for updated drivers and BIOS.

You may install 1909, analyze drivers for incompatibility and than try to find updated drivers from another sources or turn off module caused incompatibility.

Igor Leyko, Apr 13, 2020
  3. OwlWizard Win User
    1909 Feature update slowed my Toshiba laptop to a crawl

Hi there Roly,

I'm Nick, an Independent Advisor and Windows 10 user,

On one of my older laptops, I had to also uninstall 1909, the reason turned out to be that most of my components were not compatible with the system requirements (e.g. RAM, storage space). Generally as time goes by some of the more advanced Windows updates
    just can't cope without the required system requirements.

Are you running with an older laptop? If not let me know, and we can try some other steps.

Thanks,

Nick

OwlWizard, Apr 13, 2020
  4. RolyTK Win User

Toshiba laptop freezing after Windows feature update to 1909

1909 Feature update slowed my Toshiba laptop to a crawl

My Toshiba laptop is only 6 years old. I use it for teaching older people. I have carried out a disk cleanup. I removed the 1909 update and the speed is back to normal. When Microsoft bring out these updates it shouldn't have a detrimental effect on peoples'
    computers. It annoys me. Surely we should be trying to make our devices last longer so we are helping to save our resources on our planet.

RolyTK, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Toshiba laptop freezing after Windows feature update to 1909

1. Toshiba laptop freezing after Windows feature update to 1909 - Similar Threads - Toshiba laptop freezing

2. Windows 10 Feature Update to 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Feature Update to 1909: Was wondering if anyone had came across the following issue when running Feature Updates various versions of Windows 10 Enterprise up to 1909. I am looking at pushing updates out to several thousand devices we have on our network via WSUS. The few I have tested on have had...
  3. Freezes after 1909->2004 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Freezes after 1909->2004 update: after the latest windows10 update from 1909 to 2004 I started to have some random freeze (without blue screen), sometime one a day, sometime two a day, and sometime no freeze in a day, all was working fine with 1909 (and previously with 1903). someone pointed out the "intel...
  4. Feature update to Windows,version 1909

Feature update to Windows,version 1909: I want to know the size of the update. Is it possible to download it over a period of time or it should be downloaded at one gowithout switching the laptop off. I can use only 1.5GB of data for a single day. Pls help me to solve the problem......
  5. Windows 10 feature update 1909

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 feature update 1909: Has anyone had repeated failures of the 1909 feature update installing on their computer?. Mine goes through the process only to "undo" the installation after the reboot. Help Please. 155980
  6. Windows 10 feature update 1909

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 feature update 1909: Has anyone had repeated failures of the 1909 feature update installing on their computer?. Mine goes through the process only to "undo" the installation after the reboot. Help Please. 155980
  7. Feature Update version 1909

Feature Update version 1909: Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1909 is still offered as an optional update. Frankly this update being offered as optional makes me hesitate if I should go ahead to apply it or wait until it is offered as a necessary, not an optional update. I am under the impression...
  8. 1909 Feature update slowed my Toshiba laptop to a crawl

1909 Feature update slowed my Toshiba laptop to a crawl: I had to uninstall the new feature update 1909 because it slowed my computer. What is causing this????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1909-feature-update-slowed-my-toshiba-laptop-to-a/31df9ac3-70ae-4ced-b527-9762f3a31237
  9. feature update 1909

feature update 1909: is it reliable should I update it or has it any bugs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-update-1909/dbe7bb14-73e3-4296-84ad-fc0c3e38603e
  10. Feature Update notification to 1909

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Feature Update notification to 1909: I went to Windows Updates page and noticed that a Download and Install is optional for the v1909 update. How long before I can wait to install before it eventually installs it by its own? So basically, I would guess that it will eventually install it automatically but the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 freezing after update