Windows 10: Toshiba Laptop Stuck at Boot Menu

Discus and support Toshiba Laptop Stuck at Boot Menu in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So about one and a half weeks ago, I was snooping around my Discord cache folder before i deleted everything in it just because I was curious about it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CreatedAccountToPostOnHel, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Toshiba Laptop Stuck at Boot Menu

So about one and a half weeks ago, I was snooping around my Discord cache folder before i deleted everything in it just because I was curious about it, and when I reopened the command prompt, I forgot to change the directory and accidentally converted some files in my user folder to .png's. When nothing happened in the folder I was looking at, I was initially confused, but then horrified, as I looked at the title bar of the command prompt, which displayed "C:\Users\Secret" (secret was apparently my name back in 2014) So I checked the folder, and sure enough, at the bottom were 4 or 5 files ending with .png that probably werent supposed to end with .png. So I changed the directory and pretty much forgot about it.

That is until I tried to turn the thing off. Every time I tried to turn it off, it would turn itself back on again. So I tried to use the physical button on the machine. Same result. Me, being tired and slightly annoyed, decided the best thing to do would be to use the command prompt again and type shutdown. It presented me with a lot of options, so I read the description for a few and decided that shutdown /s would be the best, simply turning off the computer. It appeared to work. I was pleased and went to bed.

The next day after coming home from school, I heard my mother talking on the phone to a travel agent about something. I decided to be a good person and let her use my laptop. When it turned on, it came to the boot menu. I knew right away that I had messed up really bad. I got angry at myself and turned it off, I didn't want to mess it up even more.

Later I tried all sorts of things. I tried reversing the command that cause the problem in the first place, I asked a friend who knows more than me about this kind of thing than I do, I even turned to Google. Nothing has worked. Anybody know how to help with this?

:)

CreatedAccountToPostOnHel, Mar 7, 2019
  2. JMAlbert Win User

Toshiba laptop stuck on Toshiba welcome screen

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Start Computer in Safe mode with Networking

Follow the steps below:

• Boot from your Windows 10 installation Media
    • Select your language preferences, and click on Next
    • Click on Repair your computer at the bottom
    • Click on Troubleshoot
    • Click on Advanced options
    • Click on Start Settings
    • Click on Restart
    • Select Safe mode with Networking

After following the above steps, please perform clean boot and check if the issue persists after performing clean boot.

Put the computer in clean boot

A clean boot allows the Windows operating system to launch without any additional programs or services running when you turn the computer on. This allows you to determine if computer issues are caused by a program or service that starts up when you
    boot the machine.

Place the computer in clean boot and check if the issue persists. You may follow the article mentioned to perform a clean boot.

Perform a Clean Boot

Refer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After performing the troubleshooting steps for clean boot refer to the section “how to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting”.

JMAlbert, Mar 7, 2019
  3. djbbenn Win User
    Toshiba laptop I need info

On my Toshiba Satellite it's F2 for BIOS/Setup, and F12 for the boot menu.

djbbenn, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Toshiba Laptop Stuck at Boot Menu

No startup boot menu

Hello Kimoefat,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to access the System configuration utility and check if the Operating System installation path for Ubuntu exists. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Type msconfig in the search bar and select System Configuration from the search results.
    • Select the boot tab in the System configuration console to check if the installation path for Ubuntu exists.
    If it exists, next logical step is to check if the boot menu time out has been set to 0, which results in Boot menu not showing up.

The boot menu time-out determines how long the boot menu is displayed before the default boot entry is loaded. It is calibrated in seconds. To change the boot menu time-out, use the Bootcfg
    /timeout switch. Valid values are from 0 through 999. You cannot use Bootcfg to set an indefinite time-out.

You can run the following Run command line to set the boot menu time-out accordingly. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt

• Type in the following command: bootcfg /timeout 10

timeout 10
      will set the time frame to 10 seconds
    However, if the Boot path for Ubuntu does not exist in the boot menu of System Configuration utility, I would suggest you to check if the Ubuntu is overridden by the Windows installation or if the Ubuntu installation files are corrupted.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Toshiba Laptop Stuck at Boot Menu

1. Toshiba Laptop Stuck at Boot Menu - Similar Threads - Toshiba Laptop Stuck

2. My laptop got stuck in boot menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop got stuck in boot menu: My laptop have window that and it window defender got some problem and it not on and I talk to customer care thay said that reinstall windows 10 it will fix but after reinstall windows 10 my laptop off and it start and blue screen after some time now it is stuck in boot menu...
  3. My laptop got stuck in boot menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop got stuck in boot menu: My laptop have window that and it window defender got some problem and it not on and I talk to customer care thay said that reinstall windows 10 it will fix but after reinstall windows 10 my laptop off and it start and blue screen after some time now it is stuck in boot menu...
  4. My laptop got stuck in boot menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Stuck in boot menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in boot menu: Tomorrow I am doing setup of gta v and when it come to 95% my laptop restart and then show blue screen I think this is normal thing then I off laptop and today I open and see that there I show only boot menu and app menu and bios setting pls can you help me I try to open...
  6. boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop: I have Toshiba laptop and unable to open boot menu. Laptop stuck at recovery environment. I have tried startup settings, startup repair, system restore point not available, reset was failed both by keeping all files and removing all filesthere was no option to open UEFI...
  7. boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop: I have Toshiba laptop and unable to open boot menu. Laptop stuck at recovery environment. I have tried startup settings, startup repair, system restore point not available, reset was failed both by keeping all files and removing all filesthere was no option to open UEFI...
  8. boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop

9. Toshiba stuck on boot up screen

Toshiba stuck on boot up screen: can someone plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-stuck-on-boot-up-screen/f2cf2e25-5a19-4dc8-9380-1bd91180b47b
  10. Unable to Boot to BIOS Menu on Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to Boot to BIOS Menu on Toshiba Laptop: Hello there I have an issue with not being able to boot my Toshiba Laptop to a repair DVD or a USB recovery drive. I have recently created both from the laptop and am trying to test them. I am unable to get the laptop to boot into the BIOS menu. I have tried the following:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Toshiba stuck on windows boot manager menu

2. toshiba laptop restart boot menu