Windows 10: toshiba laptop touchpad not working after 6/28/2019 upgrade

Discus and support toshiba laptop touchpad not working after 6/28/2019 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my touchpad is not working. i have toshiba laptop with windows 10 home version 10.0.18362.175. the touchpad actually works until i login. thereafter it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GMS2, Jul 25, 2019.

1. GMS2 Win User

toshiba laptop touchpad not working after 6/28/2019 upgrade

my touchpad is not working. i have toshiba laptop with windows 10 home version 10.0.18362.175. the touchpad actually works until i login. thereafter it stops working. i see from device manager events that 8 events (upgrades?) took place on 6/28/2019. any suggestions to get my touchpad working again? thanks.

:)

2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jul 25, 2019
  3. No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Jul 25, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Touchpad doesn't work on laptop after plugging in mouse

Thank you for your reply.

Since all troubleshooting steps provided didn't resolve the issue, we suggest contacting Toshiba Support to check your touchpad.

Please post back if you have any Windows concerns for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

1. toshiba laptop touchpad not working after 6/28/2019 upgrade - Similar Threads - toshiba laptop touchpad

2. Toshiba laptop not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba laptop not working: Hello, i have a Toshiba laptop it was fine for the past 2 years and now it keeps loop blue screen of death, the stop code keeps showing "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA", luckily it enters automatic repair, maybe i have a corrupted file or something....
  3. Toshiba laptop not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba laptop not working: Hello, i have a Toshiba laptop it was fine for the past 2 years and now it keeps loop blue screen of death, the stop code keeps showing "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA", luckily it enters automatic repair, maybe i have a corrupted file or something....
  4. Toshiba laptop not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The mouse of the touchpad on my toshiba laptop is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The mouse of the touchpad on my toshiba laptop is not working.: Hi, The mouse of my Toshiba laptop with windows 10 is not working. When I use external mouse, it does show the arrow and works properly. Without the external mouse, only the click touch screen works, but not the touch pad. Any advice?...
  6. toshiba touchpad activate

toshiba touchpad activate: how do I activate Toshiba touchpad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-touchpad-activate/13778535-d100-4149-baf3-d2854b2d3ca6
  7. After last upgrade-5/12/2019-Synaptics touchpad not working

After last upgrade-5/12/2019-Synaptics touchpad not working: After last upgrade-5/12/2019-Synaptics touchpad not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-last-upgrade-5122019-synaptics-touchpad-not/59de7d83-f934-4a17-a32e-4eef65b5aca6
  8. Touchpad on Toshiba L955

Touchpad on Toshiba L955: The touchpad on my laptop has somehow been disabled, how do I re-enable it> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-on-toshiba-l955/083c5e17-09b0-4c49-a578-44adcb22c9ef
  9. Touchpad Issue on Toshiba laptop W10

Touchpad Issue on Toshiba laptop W10: i have toshiba laptop satellite 55 with W10. When i start the computer the cursor on the touchpad works fine but when the computer programs all open up i can no longer see the arrow of the touchpad. I have tried fn 5 and fn9 but still cant see ii. What can i do?...
  10. touchpad is not working properly after upgradation

touchpad is not working properly after upgradation: hi, my touchpad of Lenovo ideapad330 is not working after updation. its 2 fingurs scroll up down ,3 fingures functions are not working. getting difficulties in using it. eagerly waiting for a perfect solution....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. code 10 error trying to update synaptics driver on toshiba laptop

2. toshiba satellite software upgrade 2019 no pointer