Windows 10: Toshiba laptop/ Windows 10 shuts down after 30 seconds or so

Discus and support Toshiba laptop/ Windows 10 shuts down after 30 seconds or so in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba laptop that wouldn't boot to Windows. So I tried all the repair options from the repair menu. Nothing worked, so I decided just to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NeillBaldwin, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Toshiba laptop/ Windows 10 shuts down after 30 seconds or so

I have a Toshiba laptop that wouldn't boot to Windows. So I tried all the repair options from the repair menu. Nothing worked, so I decided just to reload Windows 10 from a recovery drive. Tried both options, keep files, and clean entire hard drive. It would shut down a couple of times when getting to the region select, keyboard select, and network screens. Finally would get it loaded, and when Windows boots up it would shut down after 30 seconds or so. Tried biting to setup (bios) screen and leaving it on to see if it was a hardware issue. It will stay on and not shut down at all when in bios screen. Put in a different hard drive, fresh install of Windows, exact same thing happens. Any ideas? Driving me crazy.

:)

NeillBaldwin, Dec 21, 2018
  2. benpress Win User

Laptop shuts down

I upgraded my Toshiba laptop to Windows 10 (wish I hadn't) and now it shuts down randomly after a period of time. I Went into the power options and changed the settings to never power off or sleep when plugged in, but it shuts down anyway. I'm beyond the
    30 day period to revert to the old operating system. Any suggestions?

benpress, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Virus-j Win User
    Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Louie Del Win User

Toshiba laptop/ Windows 10 shuts down after 30 seconds or so

My laptop keeps shutting down after 30sec

Hi Andie,

To help us figure out what can cause your laptop to shut down after 30 seconds and the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we’d like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent updates on your device?
    • When you said “to bring up Microsoft desk”, are you pertaining to your Microsoft account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Louie Del, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Toshiba laptop/ Windows 10 shuts down after 30 seconds or so

1. Toshiba laptop/ Windows 10 shuts down after 30 seconds or so - Similar Threads - Toshiba laptop shuts

2. Laptop shuts down few seconds after powering it on Windows reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down few seconds after powering it on Windows reinstall: I recently did a full Windows 10 Cloud reinstall on my laptop. Everything went fine until it suddenly got stuck at 36% "Resetting this PC" on the ACER screen. I then decided to turn off the laptop by holding the power button. Now when I turn on the laptop, after a few seconds...
  3. Toshiba T135 Windows 10 keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba T135 Windows 10 keeps shutting down: Toshiba T135 with Windows 10 keeps shutting down. This laptop has run fine for a couple of years after I installed a Solid State Drive. Originally I thought the shutdowns were caused by a Windows Update. Now, I just don't know. I noticed that the clock was always behind time...
  4. Toshiba T135 Windows 10 keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba T135 Windows 10 keeps shutting down: Toshiba T135 with Windows 10 keeps shutting down. This laptop has run fine for a couple of years after I installed a Solid State Drive. Originally I thought the shutdowns were caused by a Windows Update. Now, I just don't know. I noticed that the clock was always behind time...
  5. Toshiba T135 Windows 10 keeps shutting down

6. Laptop shutting down a couple seconds after I log in.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shutting down a couple seconds after I log in.: So my laptop usually works just fine but one day it just doesn't. When I turn my laptop on it is perfectly fine on the login screen so i don't believe its and over heating problem or something like that. Its only when i enter my passcode and am on my home screen my curser...
  7. Laptop shutting down a couple seconds after I log in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shutting down a couple seconds after I log in.: So my laptop usually works just fine but one day it just doesn't. When I turn my laptop on it is perfectly fine on the login screen so i don't believe its and over heating problem or something like that. Its only when i enter my passcode and am on my home screen my curser...
  8. Laptop shutting down a couple seconds after I log in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. lag in laptop after 30 seconds

lag in laptop after 30 seconds: Hi . I have a laptop and it has a problem. When I'm playing a game it lags till I connect the charger and then it gets smooth so nothing's wrong here. But after 30 seconds of playing with the charger it gets to 5 fps till I disconnect the charger and reconnect it then it's...
  10. Computer shutting down after idle for ~30 seconds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer shutting down after idle for ~30 seconds: Hi, I have had a new surface for 4 days now, and just today I have started experiencing issues with the machine turning itself off after ~30 seconds of inactivity. If the mouse isn't moved / no keys pressed, it will not even make it login screen before turning itself off,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 shuts off after 30 seconds toshiba

2. toshiba laptop failing after only being on 30 seconds