Windows 10: Toshiba Laptop wont shutdown ...

Discus and support Toshiba Laptop wont shutdown ... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; comes up with TOSHIBA Flash Cards preventing it from sutting down. This is after I installed my latest updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kelcallaghan, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Toshiba Laptop wont shutdown ...

comes up with TOSHIBA Flash Cards preventing it from sutting down. This is after I installed my latest updates

:)

kelcallaghan, Dec 31, 2019

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Zeeba# Win User
    My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Dec 31, 2019
  4. flamer Win User

Toshiba Laptop wont shutdown ...

No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

Toshiba Laptop wont shutdown ...

1. Toshiba Laptop wont shutdown ... - Similar Threads - Toshiba Laptop wont

2. TPM TOSHIBA LAPTOP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TPM TOSHIBA LAPTOP: Why my toshiba laptop has no tpm option on bios mode? I can't find it anywhere. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tpm-toshiba-laptop/018766d2-7929-4d30-9275-22297da797bf
  3. HP ENVY laptop wont shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HP ENVY laptop wont shutdown/restart: this is driving me nuts, but recently my computer will not shutdown. i get the normal shutdown screen, then my display goes black but the light on the power button never goes out. it will force shutdown if i hold down the power button. tried to restart instead and it just...
  4. Toshiba laptop wont boot past "leading innovation"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba laptop wont boot past "leading innovation": My toshiba laptop wont load past the "Toshiba leading innovation" screen. I cant access anything. I tried creating a recovery drive but my laptop cant "see" it. What do I do? Things I've tried: Removing the cmos battery Powering on and pressing 0 Powering on and...
  5. pc wont shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc wont shutdown: so i have this problem when i play ac odyssey for 3 hours. the issue start when i close the app i cant open any windows on my pc i cant open chrome for example and when i go to the task manager it show ac odyssey on the background apps taking 6g of my disk and i cant end the...
  6. toshiba laptop wont turn on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    toshiba laptop wont turn on: for some reason my toshiba laptop wont turn on , i opened it , pressed the power button but nothing happened. The power light is on , have a new battery but it just doesn't want to power up. Any suggestions ?...
  7. Toshiba Laptops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba Laptops: Many are having issues with certain Toshiba Laptops running 1903.I rolled back to 1803 but I,m still being offered 1903.Is there any way we could elevate this so MS blocks it? Feed Back Hub has not prevented us from being offered 1903....
  8. Toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toshiba laptop: I have a USB devise to make my PC go faster, it say's plug in turn PC on and hold the reboot button, but I don't no what button that is. Can you help me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-laptop/3a56aa55-9077-43b9-8d6a-223d4714944c
  9. Toshiba Laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Toshiba Laptop: I had to restart my laptop to clear it for my mom to use. When setting it back up the wrong email was entered for microsoft. My gmail is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but it used *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. It is stuck at the login screen. I...
  10. My Laptop wont shutdown , sleep and restart!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Laptop wont shutdown , sleep and restart!!: i have an asus x550lc which i recently upgraded to windows 10 x64. My pc is having a serious problem. it wont shutdown or sleep or restart properly. Sometimes it works all fine but most of the time after i shutdown or sleep the pc... the pc will turn off the screen and the...