Windows 10: Toshiba Lenovo Laptop (Windows 10) Boots indefinitely

Discus and support Toshiba Lenovo Laptop (Windows 10) Boots indefinitely in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Welcome to my nightmare! My Lenovo Laptop recently started an uninterruptible looping where it displays "Toshiba Leading Innovation", followed by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LesClark, Nov 5, 2018.

1. LesClark Win User

Toshiba Lenovo Laptop (Windows 10) Boots indefinitely

Welcome to my nightmare!

My Lenovo Laptop recently started an uninterruptible looping where it displays "Toshiba Leading Innovation", followed by twirling circle dots followed by"Attempting to recover installation", followed by "Restoring your previous version of Windows"...after which it loops back to the "Toshiba Leading Innovation" screen, followed by the twirling circle dots...etc. etc.

I've tried turning the machine off several times in the middle of the twirling circle dots (three times is supposed to be the charm, but I've tried 2, 4, 5...) Didn't work.

So I'm trying to install a repair version of Windows 10. For this I went to a Microsoft Community forum that pointed me to Windows 10 Automatic Repair and this tells me to download the Media Creation Tool (MediaCreationTool1803.exe) and run it.

I did this, but when I run MediaCreationTool1803.exe I get a message saying "This app can't run on your PC". But I checked to be sure that I downloaded the right tool for my PC and I did: it's the Windows 10 version.

I've only used this pc for work and I don't go to any questionable sites so I'm reasonably certain this isn't malware or a virus.

Please help: my laptop is a brick until I get it fixed!

LapTopBrickMan

:)

LesClark, Nov 5, 2018
  2. ICIT2LOL Win User

Lenovo Y510P (Unsupported for Win 10) Camera Driver Needed

Hello and welcome ksuthayya have had a look for a driver for your machine but there are only drivers listed up to 8.1 not 10.
    Camera Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - IdeaPad Y410p, Y510p - Lenovo Support (US)

Another Google found that there was no camera driver support for 10. for a similar Lenovo Lenovo Y510P (Unsupported for Win 10) Camera Drive... - Lenovo Community

Having said that my old Toshiba was in the same position and yet when I installed 10 Windows updates found drivers for stuff not listed on the Toshiba site.

Now a suggestion would be to get a clip on camera and install it via USB or like wise because it would have it owns driver. If my memory serves me right they are not that expensive - but still annoying eh?.

ICIT2LOL, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Virus-j Win User
    Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Nov 5, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Lenovo Ready to Launch Windows 10 Devices

Lenovo today announced it will begin shipping a wide selection of products loaded with Windows 10 starting July 29. Lenovo has an extensive list of products eligible for this upgrade including popular models like the YOGA 3 Pro and YOGA 500. Lenovo customers can check here for their product's eligibility.

Lenovo has worked with Microsoft Corp. to make the process of upgrading simple, for people with qualified Lenovo PC running Windows 7 SP1 or 8.1 to upgrade to Windows 10. Starting on July 29, the updates will roll out. If a user has reserved a copy of Windows 10, he/she will be notified once the compatibility process confirms that the user will have a great experience, and Windows 10 has been downloaded on their system.

Toshiba Lenovo Laptop (Windows 10) Boots indefinitely 91a_thm.jpg

Lenovo Apps Enhance Windows 10 Experience
    To give users consistent experiences across devices and operating systems, the preloads include a suite of Lenovo-written applications. The new Lenovo Companion 3.0 optimization tool keeps devices running at peak performance and can be used at any time to run a full-scale checkup and report back with specific actions to free up space and speed up the device. As a "smart" device control hub, the new Lenovo Settings lets users easily adapt and modify the way their device behaves. For example, when in tablet mode, the product will customize its display and other settings based on its orientation versus in traditional laptop mode. Alternatively, the device's usage will also alter its settings, for example when watching a movie versus reading an e-book. With SHAREit, customers can quickly transfer files between devices. For tablet users WRITEit takes the pen to a new level of functionality allowing users to write in any input field with their pen and the handwriting is converted to text.

As announced at Tech World in May, Lenovo and Microsoft have worked to integrate Cortana and REACHit, Lenovo's groundbreaking app that allows users who opt-in to search for and manage their content across multiple devices and cloud storage platforms. With REACHit, Cortana becomes even smarter and more personal, enabling users to find their content such as emails, photos and videos in ways they never thought possible. Cortana and REACHit gives users a seamless, intuitive way to search through natural language and contextual understanding.

"With Windows 10, computing gets more personal, productive and connected," said Tom Shell, senior vice president, PC Business Group, Lenovo. "Across our entire PC product line, from the office to the home, we've optimized our Lenovo devices to give customers a great computing experience while giving them enhanced search tools like Cortana with REACHit."

btarunr, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Toshiba Lenovo Laptop (Windows 10) Boots indefinitely - Similar Threads - Toshiba Lenovo Laptop

2. Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't boot: We have a Lenovo Z710 that has been running W10 for several years, with the periodic updates. It has not booted for the past couple weeks. Normal power on slowly gives a "preparing automatic repair" message. Start-up with the novo button gets it to the novo menu normal...
  3. Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't boot: We have a Lenovo Z710 that has been running W10 for several years, with the periodic updates. It has not booted for the past couple weeks. Normal power on slowly gives a "preparing automatic repair" message. Start-up with the novo button gets it to the novo menu normal...
  4. Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop: I have Toshiba laptop and unable to open boot menu. Laptop stuck at recovery environment. I have tried startup settings, startup repair, system restore point not available, reset was failed both by keeping all files and removing all filesthere was no option to open UEFI...
  6. windows 10 Lenovo laptop does not boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 Lenovo laptop does not boot: Hello, I have created an installation media tool and have done a clean boot in the past for my Lenovo laptop. However, I did not follow all the instructions and did not delete all partitions. I had a jungle with so many files and slow running laptop. I knew this will...
  7. Toshiba Laptop for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba Laptop for Windows 10: does Toshiba Satelite A665 laptop which has Windows 7 support upgrade to Windows 10 well? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-laptop-for-windows-10/0408a66a-f509-4a1f-a66a-4daa8f7967ee
  8. Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10 Prof not booting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10 Prof not booting: My Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10 Professional is not booting and gets stuck at the first Logo Screen. How do I reformat the hard drive to freshly re-install Windows 10 with my Windows 10 installation DVD? Existing data on the hard drive not to be saved. Please help urgently....
  9. Windows 10 will not boot on my Toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 will not boot on my Toshiba laptop: Hi, hope someone can help me! I left my laptop on overnight about a week ago and when I tried to use it in the morning it was frozen on a black screen. When I rebooted it, it tried to run automatic repair and has been in a loop ever since. I can get to a command prompt and...
  10. Trouble booting into Windows 10 on Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble booting into Windows 10 on Lenovo laptop: ​I'm having trouble logging into my computer (Windows 10 - Lenovo laptop). I was bypassing the password but periodically I have to change it. I have forgotten the pw so I can't get in. I thought I could go into safe mode to fix it, but having trouble with that. I thought...