Windows 10: Toshiba reactivation -

Discus and support Toshiba reactivation - in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How di I reactivate a dormant pc? It used tobelong to a relative who has died. I have no product code or activation code and the machine seems to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RobertDavies707, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Toshiba reactivation -

How di I reactivate a dormant pc? It used tobelong to a relative who has died. I have no product code or activation code and the machine seems to have been cleared. Do I have to buy a new windows disc? Thanks in advance.Bob Davies.

:)

RobertDavies707, Jun 10, 2021
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

toshiba c50t-a stuck KB4015217

Hello,

For better assistance with updating your Toshiba, we need the answer to the following questions:

• Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run Windows Update Troubleshooter
    by going to this
    link
    . It will detect and resolve the most common issues with your Windows Update.

Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
  4. flamer Win User

Toshiba reactivation -

No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Toshiba reactivation -

1. Toshiba reactivation - - Similar Threads - Toshiba reactivation

2. Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage: 2 days ago my storage drive stopped working, my storage drive is a Toshiba storage drive, I have tried to access the files but it freezes the file explorer. I have tried nearly all methods I could find such as installing it, trying to update it which I couldn't find a drive...
  3. Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage: 2 days ago my storage drive stopped working, my storage drive is a Toshiba storage drive, I have tried to access the files but it freezes the file explorer. I have tried nearly all methods I could find such as installing it, trying to update it which I couldn't find a drive...
  4. Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can I install windows 10 or 11 on my Toshiba Satellite P50-A-11L?

Can I install windows 10 or 11 on my Toshiba Satellite P50-A-11L?: HelloI own a quite old Toshiba Satellite P50-A-11L Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 8GB, GeForce GT 745M 4GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, Win 8 64-bitAt present it is still on Windows 8.1 upgraded from the OEM 8.0What should I upgrade to? The laptop still runs fine, although a bit slow on...
  6. Can I install windows 10 or 11 on my Toshiba Satellite P50-A-11L?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I install windows 10 or 11 on my Toshiba Satellite P50-A-11L?: HelloI own a quite old Toshiba Satellite P50-A-11L Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 8GB, GeForce GT 745M 4GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, Win 8 64-bitAt present it is still on Windows 8.1 upgraded from the OEM 8.0What should I upgrade to? The laptop still runs fine, although a bit slow on...
  7. Toshiba Satellite c655 shows connected to internet, but cant use any webpages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba Satellite c655 shows connected to internet, but cant use any webpages: So, I am trying to fix my uncle's laptop, it is a Toshiba Satellite c655 with windows 7. I just factory reset it to the out of box setting. It 'connects' to the WiFi, but I am unable to browse any webpages in chrome or explorer. Firefox works to some degree, but no downloaded...
  8. Toshiba Satellite c655 shows connected to internet, but cant use any webpages

Toshiba Satellite c655 shows connected to internet, but cant use any webpages: So, I am trying to fix my uncle's laptop, it is a Toshiba Satellite c655 with windows 7. I just factory reset it to the out of box setting. It 'connects' to the WiFi, but I am unable to browse any webpages in chrome or explorer. Firefox works to some degree, but no downloaded...
  9. Toshiba external hard drive shows up in control panel but not in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba external hard drive shows up in control panel but not in file explorer.: I'm trying to access information on a Toshiba external drive but the drive isn't appearing in file explorer. I've tried plugging it into a few different USB ports, but it still won't appear in file explorer. I know my computer is aware of the external hard drive because it...
  10. Toshiba external hard drive shows up in control panel but not in file explorer.

Toshiba external hard drive shows up in control panel but not in file explorer.: I'm trying to access information on a Toshiba external drive but the drive isn't appearing in file explorer. I've tried plugging it into a few different USB ports, but it still won't appear in file explorer. I know my computer is aware of the external hard drive because it...