Windows 10: Toshiba satellite L55d-c5269 AMD v Disabled, cannot run vmware player

Discus and support Toshiba satellite L55d-c5269 AMD v Disabled, cannot run vmware player in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I installed vmware Workstation Player on this laptop I got recently for cheap. Unfortunately, the bios is extremely basic and has no option for cpu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Andrew129260, May 28, 2020.

1. Toshiba satellite L55d-c5269 AMD v Disabled, cannot run vmware player

I installed vmware Workstation Player on this laptop I got recently for cheap. Unfortunately, the bios is extremely basic and has no option for cpu configuration, and I see no option to turn on anything virtualization wise. However, Speccy reports that cpu virtualization is enabled and supported, but when attempting to launch my virtual machines, I get a message saying AMD V is disabled. Anyone have any ideas? Nothing in the bios is there for me to configure and I also updated the bios to the latest version from toshibas site. Am I just out of luck? Specs are updated in profile, 2nd system.

:)

Andrew129260, May 28, 2020

2. Toshiba satellite L55d-c5269 AMD v Disabled, cannot run vmware player

So are you saying I would be able to use x32 but only x32? So x32 ubuntu and windows xp as well as windows 98 should work fine then. (These were the main ones I wanted to use virtually) But only on version 12 of vmware player? If so that would be good news. In the meantime, here is some screenshots of what I am seeing. I can upload bios pics as well in case that is useful.

Toshiba satellite L55d-c5269 AMD v Disabled, cannot run vmware player [​IMG]

Edit: just tried vmware 12 player and now I get this on my windows 98 vm when trying to launch it:

Andrew129260, May 29, 2020
  3. Toshiba satellite L55d-c5269 AMD v Disabled, cannot run vmware player

I installed vmware Workstation Player on this laptop I got recently for cheap. Unfortunately, the bios is extremely basic and has no option for cpu configuration, and I see no option to turn on anything virtualization wise.

However, Speccy reports that cpu virtualization is enabled and supported, but when attempting to launch my virtual machines, I get a message saying AMD V is disabled.

Anyone have any ideas?

Nothing in the bios is there for me to configure and I also updated the bios to the latest version from toshibas site.

Am I just out of luck?

Specs are updated in profile, 2nd system.

Andrew129260, May 29, 2020
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Toshiba satellite L55d-c5269 AMD v Disabled, cannot run vmware player

Hi there
    You should always be able to run 32 Bit guests even without VT enabled -- however you would then need to run VMWare player version 12.

To run 64 bit Guests you will have to have VT enabled -- also I assume you are running W10 HOME X-64 so the question of HYPER-V shouldn't come into it.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Toshiba satellite L55d-c5269 AMD v Disabled, cannot run vmware player - Similar Threads - Toshiba satellite L55d

2. Toshiba laptop satellite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba laptop satellite: When I start it up it goes to hdd/ssd screen abd ask for password I can't remember it and I have no disc for recovery how can I get past this screen is there a way?...
  3. Toshiba laptop satellite

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba laptop satellite: When I start it up it goes to hdd/ssd screen abd ask for password I can't remember it and I have no disc for recovery how can I get past this screen is there a way?...
  4. Resetting Toshiba Satellite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting Toshiba Satellite: How do I reset my Toshiba Satellite Windows XP laptop to factory? I’ve tried pressing & holding the “0” while clicking it on but the Warning screen will not appear only the login screen will every time I tried, I need Help please…MzKatt...
  5. Resetting Toshiba Satellite

Resetting Toshiba Satellite: How do I reset my Toshiba Satellite Windows XP laptop to factory? I’ve tried pressing & holding the “0” while clicking it on but the Warning screen will not appear only the login screen will every time I tried, I need Help please…MzKatt...
  6. Toshiba Satellite update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba Satellite update: Hi!I have an old Toshiba laptop i received it when i was a kid so i had no knowledge of computers or anything else, Now i have some knowledge i want to update it but it seems that the manufacture website does not offer that much for windows 10 other than a bios update but...
  7. Camera driver for Toshiba satellite

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera driver for Toshiba satellite: Is there an updated camera driver for Toshiba S55t-B in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-driver-for-toshiba-satellite/3a7cb5ce-98ef-4a39-a4f8-3f73de82494d
  8. Toshiba satellite overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba satellite overheating: My L55-A laptop is turning also 70+ C when cpu load up to 100%. But it is no dust, also i have cooling fan, but still happen when exposed the cpu to 100% also it turns 75 C and above when this load is so long(I'm using also third party CoreTemp and windows Task Manager). So i...
  9. Toshiba Satellite laptop

Toshiba Satellite laptop: i have Toshiba Satellite laptop my mouse is not working its stuck on touchscreen how do i change it back to the mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-satellite-laptop/0a8d118b-d880-438d-af79-4dfdbd324c96
  10. Running Hyper-V and VMware on the same machine?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Running Hyper-V and VMware on the same machine?: As the title indicated, anybody tried running both successfully on Win 10? I've seen people doing that on Win 8 forum( Solved Hyper V and VMWare on the same machine - Page 2 ), so I'm wondering if this method would work on Win 10... Any help/pointers would be great as I...