Windows 10: Toshiba Satellite L650 11C sound issues

Discus and support Toshiba Satellite L650 11C sound issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. This laptop has been upgraded to Windows 10. The audio does not work, it shows a red circle with white X and says no speakers or headphones are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SnowStorm, Dec 26, 2016.

1. SnowStorm Win User

Toshiba Satellite L650 11C sound issues

Hello. This laptop has been upgraded to Windows 10. The audio does not work, it shows a red circle with white X and says no speakers or headphones are plugged in.

I was wondering if you could point me to an working driver for this.

Thank you!

:)

SnowStorm, Dec 26, 2016
  2. TimurTQ Win User

Cannot go back to windows 7 from windows 10

Hello

I upgraded from windows 7. I have a Toshiba satellite l650-19p. I cannot open any system settings.

Thanks for your help.

Timur

TimurTQ, Dec 26, 2016
  3. how to do Win User
    HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Dec 26, 2016
  4. bookfox Win User

We would need the actual product number, or better yet, the serial number. The Toshiba Satellite L650 may have a product number like this: PSK1JA-0ED017. Without it, or the Serial number, we have no idea which sound card you have to be able to look up the driver or compatibility.
    The alternative of course, is to go direct to the support page, enter the serial number and select the correct driver. Drivers & Software Support | Toshiba

bookfox, Dec 26, 2016
  5. SnowStorm Win User
    psk1je 0kh018n5

SnowStorm, Dec 26, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    Select the correct model # from the Toshiba Download Drivers page choose your version of Windows (ie) 32bit or 64bit, select Windows 8.1 if that is the most recent driver available and download the Conextent Audio driver for your model. Extract the driver file to your Download location, open the file up, Right click Setup.exe and choose Properties/Compatibility make it compatible with Windows 8.1. Run As Administrator.

spunk, Dec 26, 2016
  7. SnowStorm Win User
    Hello and thank you. That did not work *Sad

SnowStorm, Dec 26, 2016
  8. SnowStorm Win User

It does not even start the setup

SnowStorm, Dec 26, 2016
  9. Bree New Member
    Conexant drivers are specifically tailored to each individual OEM's hardware. You cannot generally use a driver designed for a slightly different model. That particular model appears to be made for the Denmark or Sweden markets. Toshiba only list drivers for specific models on the appropriate regional site. The US site won't include the PSK1JE model, you need to look to Toshiba Sweden unfortunately the only sound drivers listed for that precise model are for XP and Windows 7.
    My (UK market) Toshiba L750-16L PSK1WE is similarly unsupported for 10, though my available Conexant drivers did at least go up to Windows 8.1. My initial upgrade to 10 in July 2015 had no sound. The Conexant drivers Microsoft installed with the first release of 10 build 10240 had a bug. Fortunately there was a known workaround (worked for me). It may work for you if you have a Conexant driver installed.
    Windows 10 no sound for Conexant smartaudio HD - Microsoft Community

Subsequent upgrades to 1511 and now 1607 have replaced Microsoft's originally supplied Conexant driver with the Microsoft High Definition Audio Device (date: ,15/07/2016 version: 10.0.14393.0) which works just fine for me. You may be able to try that driver by using Device Manager to update the driver. Try the manual update and choose 'Audio Endpoint' from the list of drivers already installed.

10. SnowStorm Win User
    I decided to reinstall Windows and the sound works.

I need the driver for the FN+F shortkeys.

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

SnowStorm, Dec 27, 2016
  11. Bree New Member
    If you're talking about this that appears at the top of the screen when you press FN...

Toshiba Satellite L650 11C sound issues [​IMG]

...then it's called 'Toshiba Flash Cards'. It is installed as part of the 'Toshiba Value Added Package'. It is essential you find and install the right one for your model. There is a different 'Value Added Package' tailored specifically for each model in the Toshiba range.

Thema:

1. Toshiba Satellite L650 11C sound issues - Similar Threads - Toshiba Satellite L650

2. Toshiba laptop satellite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba laptop satellite: When I start it up it goes to hdd/ssd screen abd ask for password I can't remember it and I have no disc for recovery how can I get past this screen is there a way?...
  3. Toshiba laptop satellite

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba laptop satellite: When I start it up it goes to hdd/ssd screen abd ask for password I can't remember it and I have no disc for recovery how can I get past this screen is there a way?...
  4. Resetting Toshiba Satellite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting Toshiba Satellite: How do I reset my Toshiba Satellite Windows XP laptop to factory? I’ve tried pressing & holding the “0” while clicking it on but the Warning screen will not appear only the login screen will every time I tried, I need Help please…MzKatt...
  5. Resetting Toshiba Satellite

Resetting Toshiba Satellite: How do I reset my Toshiba Satellite Windows XP laptop to factory? I’ve tried pressing & holding the “0” while clicking it on but the Warning screen will not appear only the login screen will every time I tried, I need Help please…MzKatt...
  6. Toshiba Satellite update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba Satellite update: Hi!I have an old Toshiba laptop i received it when i was a kid so i had no knowledge of computers or anything else, Now i have some knowledge i want to update it but it seems that the manufacture website does not offer that much for windows 10 other than a bios update but...
  7. sound not working on toshiba satellite laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound not working on toshiba satellite laptop: I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and I upgraded it from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Sound worked fine until upgrade, and troubleshooting cannot find a solution to my audio problems. any help or comments would be lovely....
  8. Toshiba Satellite c55 bootup issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba Satellite c55 bootup issues: My laptop was left on while I was away on travel and when I tried getting on the system, it went into a and endless array of automatic repair loops and diagnostic loops. I can get into the advanced option menu eventually but always fails in sys restore, or reset, tried using...
  9. Toshiba satellite overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba satellite overheating: My L55-A laptop is turning also 70+ C when cpu load up to 100%. But it is no dust, also i have cooling fan, but still happen when exposed the cpu to 100% also it turns 75 C and above when this load is so long(I'm using also third party CoreTemp and windows Task Manager). So i...
  10. Toshiba Satellite laptop

Toshiba Satellite laptop: i have Toshiba Satellite laptop my mouse is not working its stuck on touchscreen how do i change it back to the mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-satellite-laptop/0a8d118b-d880-438d-af79-4dfdbd324c96