Windows 10: Toshiba Satellite L655-S5072 audio driver issue

Discus and support Toshiba Satellite L655-S5072 audio driver issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi folks! Have a friend with a Toshiba Satellite L655-S5072 laptop bought around 2009. Device Manager shows a High Definition Audio Device driver.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cottonball, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Toshiba Satellite L655-S5072 audio driver issue

Hi folks!

Have a friend with a Toshiba Satellite L655-S5072 laptop bought around 2009. Device Manager shows a High Definition Audio Device driver.

It has no sound when playing anything from YouTube, however, can use ear buds, and listen to whatever.

Plan to uninstall the High Definition Audio Device driver from Device Manager, then install the proper audio driver. However, can't figure out whether it was bought with a Realtek audio driver, or a Conexant audio driver.

Also, it was upgraded to Windows 10. Toshiba only addresses 2016 Conexant audio drivers.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help. *Smile

:)

cottonball, Jan 30, 2018
  2. nblaw95 Win User

Audio Problem with Windows 10

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L655-S5150 and the headphones are confirmed working with other devices. Neither has had any audio issues prior to upgrading to Windows 10.

I have gone through all the steps listed here and the issue has still not been resolved.

Edit: I have now fixed the issue using method 1 above, but it should be noted that the driver was located under "Sound, video, and game controllers", not "Audio inputs and outputs" like stated.

nblaw95, Jan 30, 2018
  3. ziemamaz Win User
    Win10 Upgrade from Win7 Ultimate... won't verify upgrade

This is upgrade is for my Toshiba Satellite L655 running Windows7 Ultimate. I have 379GB free of 465GB... So disk space is NOT the problem.

Next solution, please.

ziemamaz, Jan 30, 2018
  4. Toshiba Satellite L655-S5072 audio driver issue

Is this correct?
    Ear buds: You can hear YouTube. You can hear all other audio.
    Speakers: You can't hear YouTube. You can't hear any other audio.

I assume you checked the Playback Devices and Volume Mixer?

Toshiba Satellite L655-S5072 audio driver issue [​IMG]

To get the actual device information you can get the device ID from the Details tab in Device Manager and look up the VEN and DEV IDs.

In this example the vendor is 8086 and the device ID is 9D71. You can then search PCI Devices for those IDs.

PolarNettles, Jan 30, 2018
  5. PolarNettles,

Thank you very much for your detailed response showing how to get the information needed.

Will check the laptop when my friend is available, and see if a driver update fixes the 'selective' sound issue.

Have a great day!!! *Wink

cottonball, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Toshiba Satellite L655-S5072 audio driver issue

1. Toshiba Satellite L655-S5072 audio driver issue - Similar Threads - Toshiba Satellite L655

2. Where is the jumper to reset BIOS on Toshiba Satellite L655

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the jumper to reset BIOS on Toshiba Satellite L655: Where is the jumper to reset BIOS on Toshiba Satellite L655 kindly help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-jumper-to-reset-bios-on-toshiba/0965de46-a196-4e37-a3e1-ba6db6f63828
  3. Where is the jumper to reset BIOS on Toshiba Satellite L655

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the jumper to reset BIOS on Toshiba Satellite L655: Where is the jumper to reset BIOS on Toshiba Satellite L655 kindly help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-jumper-to-reset-bios-on-toshiba/0965de46-a196-4e37-a3e1-ba6db6f63828
  4. Driver Toshiba Satellite L850-16D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Toshiba Satellite L850-16D: Dear forum users,I have a small problem: I have just had my portable computer fixed by a professional technician, who changed my hard disk after copying all my files, and pasted everything on the new disk. He did a good job and everything seems to work now, unless my mouse,...
  5. Driver Toshiba Satellite L850-16D

Driver Toshiba Satellite L850-16D: Dear forum users,I have a small problem: I have just had my portable computer fixed by a professional technician, who changed my hard disk after copying all my files, and pasted everything on the new disk. He did a good job and everything seems to work now, unless my mouse,...
  6. Driver Toshiba Satellite L850-16D

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Drivers for Toshiba Satellite Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers for Toshiba Satellite Laptop: Hi! Someone have drivers for Toshiba Satellite C50-B-15j and can give me pls........ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drivers-for-toshiba-satellite-laptop/83265d0f-8cda-4157-ada5-c8bcbad46967
  8. Drivers for Toshiba Satellite Laptop

Drivers for Toshiba Satellite Laptop: Hi! Someone have drivers for Toshiba Satellite C50-B-15j and can give me pls........ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drivers-for-toshiba-satellite-laptop/83265d0f-8cda-4157-ada5-c8bcbad46967
  9. Camera driver for Toshiba satellite

Camera driver for Toshiba satellite: Is there an updated camera driver for Toshiba S55t-B in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-driver-for-toshiba-satellite/3a7cb5ce-98ef-4a39-a4f8-3f73de82494d
  10. Toshiba Satellite L655, 2 out of 3 USB ports are not working

Toshiba Satellite L655, 2 out of 3 USB ports are not working: Toshiba Satellite L655, 2 out of 3 USB ports are not working after upgrade to windows 10 64 bit, i tried to look for drivers to fix this issue but with no luck....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. toshiba l655 sound goes off in playback

2. nu vot