Windows 10: Toshiba Satellite Laptop Randomly Changes to Portrait Orientation

Discus and support Toshiba Satellite Laptop Randomly Changes to Portrait Orientation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've seen this symptom on older posts here, but haven't seen a real solution - just workarounds. Any idea why my laptop screen sometimes switches to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoeDiGiovanni, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Toshiba Satellite Laptop Randomly Changes to Portrait Orientation

I've seen this symptom on older posts here, but haven't seen a real solution - just workarounds. Any idea why my laptop screen sometimes switches to Portrait orientation on its own?

The system is not set to tablet mode.

:)

JoeDiGiovanni, Sep 1, 2019

2. Orientation resets to portrait on logout or reboot

I have my tablet set to portrait orientation, but if I log out or reboot it reverts to portrait, even if rotation lock is on. I assume this is because it's an 8" tablet which MS decided are meant to be used in portrait but surely if rotation lock is on then it should respect that setting?

Toshiba Encore 8 on build 10162

Mimizuku no Lew, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Toshiba Satellite laptop

i have Toshiba Satellite laptop my mouse is not working its stuck on touchscreen how do i change it back to the mouse

SusanneBlevins1968, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Toshiba Satellite Laptop Randomly Changes to Portrait Orientation

screen orientation

Hi,

There's an option on Windows 10 to switch between landscape and portrait orientation. We recommend following these steps on how to switch the screen orientation from portrait to landscape:

• On Cortana search, type display settings.
    • Choose Display settings from the list.
    • Under Orientation, select on Landscape and click
      Apply.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Toshiba Satellite Laptop Randomly Changes to Portrait Orientation

1. Toshiba Satellite Laptop Randomly Changes to Portrait Orientation - Similar Threads - Toshiba Satellite Laptop

2. WiFi on Toshiba Satellite laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi on Toshiba Satellite laptop: I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop running Windows 10 I used to be able to get on the internet with wifi, but suddenly I get a message saying the device doesn't support miracast. I don't think I did anything to change the system. Why doesn't wifi suddenly not work?...
  3. RAW Files-Portrait Orientation shown in Landscape Orientation with no rotation option.

RAW Files-Portrait Orientation shown in Landscape Orientation with no rotation option.: I have seen this question over and over again with no real answer provided. For RAW files (not jpegs) pictures taken in the portrait orientation are showing up in the landscape orientation in the windows photo viewer. In the past you could just highlight these photos,...
  4. Microsoft Print To PDF Option Changes Page Orientation To Portrait

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Print To PDF Option Changes Page Orientation To Portrait: Hi, I'm attempting to print a report in a Windows 10 environment using the Microsoft Print To PDF option in the Print Dialog. There seems to be something rotating the page prior to viewing. I confirmed this by actually printing out the pdf file that was generated. It...
  5. Toshiba satellite overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba satellite overheating: My L55-A laptop is turning also 70+ C when cpu load up to 100%. But it is no dust, also i have cooling fan, but still happen when exposed the cpu to 100% also it turns 75 C and above when this load is so long(I'm using also third party CoreTemp and windows Task Manager). So i...
  6. Toshiba Satellite laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba Satellite laptop: i have Toshiba Satellite laptop my mouse is not working its stuck on touchscreen how do i change it back to the mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-satellite-laptop/0a8d118b-d880-438d-af79-4dfdbd324c96
  7. Toshiba Satellite laptop hard drive replacement

Toshiba Satellite laptop hard drive replacement: I recently replaced my hard drive in my Toshiba Satellite laptop. I was running the Windows 10 upgrade 1809 when my hard drive went out. I went to a computer shop & bought a Toshiba 500 GB hard drive. It had a 320 GB Seagate in it before. My question is . I keep getting...
  8. My toshiba satellite laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My toshiba satellite laptop: Windows freezes up and i’ve tried all the tricks on resetting but it won’t even let me log off. Have to turn off manully. At my wits end. Can’t do nothing with it....
  9. Orientation resets to portrait on logout or reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Orientation resets to portrait on logout or reboot: I have my tablet set to portrait orientation, but if I log out or reboot it reverts to portrait, even if rotation lock is on. I assume this is because it's an 8" tablet which MS decided are meant to be used in portrait but surely if rotation lock is on then it should respect...
  10. Taskbar not working - Toshiba Satellite laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar not working - Toshiba Satellite laptop: I was fiddling around with Task Manager trying to eliminate some unnecessary background processes. When I tried to end Windows Explorer I figured it would just close a few files I had open, but it made my taskbar/windows icon disappear, and my wallpaper is also just black...