Windows 10: Toshiba Satellite Laptop USB-Device Manager-Touchscreen Issues

Discus and support Toshiba Satellite Laptop USB-Device Manager-Touchscreen Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba Satellite Radius P55W-B5224 model laptop. It originally had Win 8.1 64Bit installed, and since it was upgraded to Win 10 64Bit. A... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DasDonster, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Toshiba Satellite Laptop USB-Device Manager-Touchscreen Issues

I have a Toshiba Satellite Radius P55W-B5224 model laptop. It originally had Win 8.1 64Bit installed, and since it was upgraded to Win 10 64Bit.

A few days ago a backup thumb drive was inserted into one of the external USB ports to copy over some files. When plugged in, got the "USB not recognized - The last USB device you plugged into the computer Malfunctioned."

The laptop then began to kind of go into a loop. The Toshiba "Sleep and Charge"software that operates the powered USB port to charge devices when the laptop isn't on began to cycle it notification that it is ready just above the clock on the desktop taskbar. Then I noticed a USB icon kept flashing on and off on the taskbar. I see in the Device Manager a unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) under the USB Serial Bus Controllers. I have deleted it, but it comes back. The Device Manager constantly cycles to show this error and then to not show it.

Here is a short video of what it is doing...
    [youtube]cM2G3urFPis[/youtube]

Also, the touchscreen no longer works, and no longer appears in the Human Interface Devices, and Monitor just shows generic PnP monitor.

I have tried to update chipset drivers. I have physically inspected the two USB ports on the laptop, and see no damage.

I think that the laptop is in a continuous loop, thinking that a USB device is being plugged in, but nothing is.

Any thoughts on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

:)

DasDonster, Sep 1, 2017
  2. MicahPick Win User

HID-compliant Touchscreen Driver is not in Device Manager

A few months ago I purchased a new Toshiba Satellite E45-DW-C4210. When I got it home the touchscreen worked fine, but then I updated my computer and the touchscreen stopped working. I was annoyed, but have survived so far without touchscreen, so I didn't
    worry about it. However, I now have some situations where a touchscreen would be very helpful.

I opened the device manager and looked under Human Interface Devices, and "HID-Compliant Touchscreen) was not there.

I went to view and choose "view hidden files" and there was still nothing.

I looked to see if there was anything listed under "Other Drivers" but there was not.

I deleted all non-functioning and/or hidden USB input devices.

Windows is up to date on my computer.

I ran the troubleshooter with no results.

I checked the Toshiba website for a place to download a new driver, but there was nothing.

Feeling frustrated. -Micah

MicahPick, Sep 1, 2017
  3. KGMarkert Win User
    windows 10 and loss of touch screen

After installing Windows 10, most of my touchscreen capabilities (swiping/switching apps/etc) disappeared. The "about" info says there's no touchscreen but there was before the install. How do I get it back on my Toshiba Satellite S55t-A5238 laptop?

KGMarkert, Sep 1, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Toshiba Satellite Laptop USB-Device Manager-Touchscreen Issues

Hi there. Looks like Device Manager keeps refreshing attempting to read, I assume, the thumb.

Have you rebooted without the thumb inserted? If so, does the system go back to normal?

Which brand thumb is it?

It may be that the thumb partition table is corrupt?

Have you tried to open flash drive in different computer?

Tony K, Sep 1, 2017
  5. Have rebooted many times. With and without the thumb drive inserted. I can plug in a different thumb drive and it works fine. So I know their is something wrong with the drive that caused this issue. However, I risked plugging it into my wife's old Windows 7 laptop, and got the error message with the option to have windows repair it. I selected the repair files option, and the drive now works fine. It even works on the Toshiba laptop. It is a SanDisk thumb drive.

DasDonster, Sep 1, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    LOL! That's a big risk. Glad you got it fixed instead of destroying hers. *Wink *Biggrin

I haven't really liked the way W8/8.1 and W10 handles USB drives. W7 was much better. W10 treats them like devices (which they are like other devices which show up in Devices and Printers) but not with the fix-it as in W7. However, there are some advantages to it. It looks like W7 did a chkdsk (check disk) on it and repaired it.

I haven't found a way to run that in W10 while it can't read it just like in your case, but there's probably a way.

Tony K, Sep 1, 2017
  7. I performed a re-install of Win 10 with saving all files and apps. This didn't solve my problem. I am beginning to thing it is now a hardware issue.

Any ideas on what is could be? The Touch Digitizer maybe? The touch screen does not work. Or a motherboard issue with the USB ports? Any idea how I can diagnose these?

Thanks in advance!

DasDonster, Sep 3, 2017
  8. Tony K Win User

I forgot that you had mentioned touch screen problems for no mention of that in your posts. That's not to blame you, though. I see touch doesn't work at all. Could be hardware problems and the Touch Digitizer. Really no way of internally diagnosing either with software that I know of. Either they work or they don't.

I assume this lappy came with 8.1 after viewing this? Satellite P55W-B5224 Support | Toshiba

Has it ever shut down due to overheating?

Could be a physical hinging problem due to wires or contacts.

Are all drivers up to date?

You may want to consider taking in into a shop for refurbishing.

Tony K, Sep 3, 2017
  9. Doesn't overheat. Was originally Win 8.1. Found a program that showed the USB ports and what they represented. And it seems that the port #4 is tied into the Touch Screen. I all USB controllers and rebooted the system and problem returns. Have tried different compatible drivers. The Touch Screen/Digitizer is my guess that the problem is. That or the motherboard. Starting to figure the costs, might be better off with a new laptop. Or just do without the touch screen, as it works fine without it.

DasDonster, Sep 4, 2017
  10. Tony K Win User
    That's a shame for that's a nice laptop. I'm having trouble with my 6" Lumia phablet in that it's been reported that the screen warps due to it's size. It does get to the point where we have to decide to either get it fixed or put the money towards new. I think I'm going new for it has reached it's OS build limit.

Good luck to you.

Tony K, Sep 4, 2017
  11. Before bringing the lappy to a shop,
    First thing I would do is look on the Toshiba support forum to see if anyone else
    has any of the same problems .
    If there is nothing posted like the any of the problems you have or close to it, simply register and post about the
    problems you are having.
    Search Results - TOSHIBA SUPPORT FORUMS

COMPUTIAC Guest, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Toshiba Satellite Laptop USB-Device Manager-Touchscreen Issues - Similar Threads - Toshiba Satellite Laptop

2. Toshiba laptop satellite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba laptop satellite: When I start it up it goes to hdd/ssd screen abd ask for password I can't remember it and I have no disc for recovery how can I get past this screen is there a way?...
  3. Toshiba laptop satellite

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba laptop satellite: When I start it up it goes to hdd/ssd screen abd ask for password I can't remember it and I have no disc for recovery how can I get past this screen is there a way?...
  4. Drivers for Toshiba Satellite Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers for Toshiba Satellite Laptop: Hi! Someone have drivers for Toshiba Satellite C50-B-15j and can give me pls........ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drivers-for-toshiba-satellite-laptop/83265d0f-8cda-4157-ada5-c8bcbad46967
  5. Drivers for Toshiba Satellite Laptop

Drivers for Toshiba Satellite Laptop: Hi! Someone have drivers for Toshiba Satellite C50-B-15j and can give me pls........ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drivers-for-toshiba-satellite-laptop/83265d0f-8cda-4157-ada5-c8bcbad46967
  6. WiFi on Toshiba Satellite laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi on Toshiba Satellite laptop: I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop running Windows 10 I used to be able to get on the internet with wifi, but suddenly I get a message saying the device doesn't support miracast. I don't think I did anything to change the system. Why doesn't wifi suddenly not work?...
  7. Toshiba Satellite c55 bootup issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba Satellite c55 bootup issues: My laptop was left on while I was away on travel and when I tried getting on the system, it went into a and endless array of automatic repair loops and diagnostic loops. I can get into the advanced option menu eventually but always fails in sys restore, or reset, tried using...
  8. Toshiba Satellite laptop

Toshiba Satellite laptop: i have Toshiba Satellite laptop my mouse is not working its stuck on touchscreen how do i change it back to the mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-satellite-laptop/0a8d118b-d880-438d-af79-4dfdbd324c96
  9. Toshiba Satellite Touchscreen Not Responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba Satellite Touchscreen Not Responding: I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 a while back and have noticed that my touchscreen function no longer works, after a frustrating period of searching and trying many fixes I have come to the end of my patience and need some help. I have tried the following:- uninstalled...
  10. My toshiba satellite laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My toshiba satellite laptop: Windows freezes up and i’ve tried all the tricks on resetting but it won’t even let me log off. Have to turn off manully. At my wits end. Can’t do nothing with it....