Windows 10: Toshiba Satellite plugged in but not charging (at 11% all the time)

Discus and support Toshiba Satellite plugged in but not charging (at 11% all the time) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried uninstalling the two battery thingys that reinstall when you switch the computer back on and nothing changed. I can't take the battery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nikbee, Apr 23, 2019.

1. nikbee Win User

Toshiba Satellite plugged in but not charging (at 11% all the time)

I have tried uninstalling the two battery thingys that reinstall when you switch the computer back on and nothing changed. I can't take the battery out and put it back in to reset it. Could it be the actual charger plug or could it be that the battery is past it's use-by??? I can still use my laptop but only when it's plugged in somewhere.....very frustrating!! Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you. NikkiToshiba Satellite plugged in but not charging (at 11% all the time) :) PS.. The problem seemed to start after I upgraded my Windows 10

:)

nikbee, Apr 23, 2019
  2. k5myers Win User

my toshiba satellite says plugged in, not charging

I have a toshiba satellite C55t-A and it says plugged in, not charging. It only works when the cord is plugged in. I tried shutting it down and removing and putting battery back in but it didn't work. What can I do to fix this problem? It is about 3 year
    old.

k5myers, Apr 24, 2019
  3. my toshiba satellite says plugged in, not charging

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with battery charging.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changed to the device (hardware/ software) prior to this issue?
    • Is the same issue happens in Safe mode as well?

Method 1: I suggest you to
    Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Power troubleshooterfind and fix problems with your computer's power settings to conserve power and extent battery life

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search bar on the desktop and press Enter.

• In the Troubleshooting window, click on
      View All on the left pane.

• Click on Power.

• Click on Advanced and then click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Method 2: I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Plugged in not charging The battery light is also flashing, from red to green

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Graydrake Win User

My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Toshiba Satellite plugged in but not charging (at 11% all the time) - Similar Threads - Toshiba Satellite plugged

2. Toshiba laptop satellite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba laptop satellite: When I start it up it goes to hdd/ssd screen abd ask for password I can't remember it and I have no disc for recovery how can I get past this screen is there a way?...
  3. Resetting Toshiba Satellite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting Toshiba Satellite: How do I reset my Toshiba Satellite Windows XP laptop to factory? I’ve tried pressing & holding the “0” while clicking it on but the Warning screen will not appear only the login screen will every time I tried, I need Help please…MzKatt...
  4. Resetting Toshiba Satellite

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting Toshiba Satellite: How do I reset my Toshiba Satellite Windows XP laptop to factory? I’ve tried pressing & holding the “0” while clicking it on but the Warning screen will not appear only the login screen will every time I tried, I need Help please…MzKatt...
  5. Toshiba Satellite c55 battery charging in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba Satellite c55 battery charging in Windows 10: Hello,I have a Toshiba Satellite c55 laptop running Win 10 Home, with 12gb of ram and a 500gb ssd.. Everything is fine except for my battery charging time.. in the last month or so, even though charge time itself, nor charge % have been affected, when the battery is charging...
  6. Toshiba Satellite c55 battery charging in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba Satellite c55 battery charging in Windows 10: Hello,I have a Toshiba Satellite c55 laptop running Win 10 Home, with 12gb of ram and a 500gb ssd.. Everything is fine except for my battery charging time.. in the last month or so, even though charge time itself, nor charge % have been affected, when the battery is charging...
  7. Toshiba Satellite c55 battery charging in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Toshiba Satellite update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba Satellite update: Hi!I have an old Toshiba laptop i received it when i was a kid so i had no knowledge of computers or anything else, Now i have some knowledge i want to update it but it seems that the manufacture website does not offer that much for windows 10 other than a bios update but...
  9. Toshiba satellite overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba satellite overheating: My L55-A laptop is turning also 70+ C when cpu load up to 100%. But it is no dust, also i have cooling fan, but still happen when exposed the cpu to 100% also it turns 75 C and above when this load is so long(I'm using also third party CoreTemp and windows Task Manager). So i...
  10. Toshiba Satellite p855-355 crashes on login if not plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Toshiba Satellite p855-355 crashes on login if not plugged in: The laptop is booting up, running and charging when the charger plugged in. All Ok. The laptop will run when charger removed and battery discharges as expected through use. When turned on with no charger, the laptop boots up and will stay on until user pin (log in) is...