Windows 10: Toshiba Satellite S55-B5280 hard drive not found after 1809 update

Discus and support Toshiba Satellite S55-B5280 hard drive not found after 1809 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried repairing, repairing boot records, recovery in place, reinstall from USB repeatedly. NOTHING worked. I had to purchase a new hard drive for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by @serendipitousP, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Toshiba Satellite S55-B5280 hard drive not found after 1809 update

I tried repairing, repairing boot records, recovery in place, reinstall from USB repeatedly. NOTHING worked.

I had to purchase a new hard drive for my laptop and install from USB.

Is their any offer from Microsoft to pay for damaged equipment caused by updates which Home users cannot shut off? (This happened in early October 2018 before Microsoft halted the rollout on 1809.)

Thanks.

:)

@serendipitousP, Jan 26, 2019

2. Toshiba Satellite laptop hard drive replacement

I recently replaced my hard drive in my Toshiba Satellite laptop. I was running the Windows 10 upgrade 1809 when my hard drive went out.

I went to a computer shop & bought a Toshiba 500 GB hard drive.

It had a 320 GB Seagate in it before.

My question is . I keep getting kicked off the internet ever since. It's just my laptop. My phone & smart tv stay hooked up. Is it something I did? Or didn't do? I used my Windows 8.1 disc to reinstall Windows. Then I upgraded again to Windows 10 .

JohnSimmons Jr, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Olayele Win User
    Formatting my hard drive on Toshiba Satellite and reinstalling Windows 10.

I use a Toshiba Satellite and I upgraded to windows 10.

I want to format my hard drive and reinstall windows 10.

How do I go about it?

Will appreciate a step by step procedure bearing in mind I am not a geek.

Olayele, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Toshiba Satellite S55-B5280 hard drive not found after 1809 update

WIFI Error on Toshiba Satellite S55-C

Just purchased new Toshiba Satellite S55-C with Windows 10. The network adapter is an Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-7265. I've made no changes to the newly opened computer at all.

While I can connect to the access point, internet access is periodically unavailable; internet access cuts in and out at home and/or on other networks (like at Panera). When internet access is unavailable and I run the troubleshooter in network connections,
    it says there is something wrong with the IP.

The computer came installed with McAfee.

Any thoughts?

PatrickJohnsonyz, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Toshiba Satellite S55-B5280 hard drive not found after 1809 update

1. Toshiba Satellite S55-B5280 hard drive not found after 1809 update - Similar Threads - Toshiba Satellite S55

2. Toshiba laptop satellite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba laptop satellite: When I start it up it goes to hdd/ssd screen abd ask for password I can't remember it and I have no disc for recovery how can I get past this screen is there a way?...
  3. Toshiba Satellite update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba Satellite update: Hi!I have an old Toshiba laptop i received it when i was a kid so i had no knowledge of computers or anything else, Now i have some knowledge i want to update it but it seems that the manufacture website does not offer that much for windows 10 other than a bios update but...
  4. Toshiba Satellite S55-B5292 Camera not found error

Toshiba Satellite S55-B5292 Camera not found error: Err code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> I have a built in camera on the laptop so it is not an external camera. Device Manager shows no camera. I've rebooted, still no camera. So I guess I need the right driver. Toshiba's website is not helping me locate the driver. I...
  5. Toshiba Satellite has no WiFi LAN access to be found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Toshiba Satellite has no WiFi LAN access to be found: I have a Toshiba Satellite C55-C5300 running Windows 10 and for the life of me I cannot get it to establish, set up or even find a WiFi LAN access. I've tried installing drivers, updating Windows 10, enabling, disabling and still no luck. Any ideas of what could be the root...
  6. Toshiba Satellite S55-B5132 Kernal_security_check_failure to System_service_exception:...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba Satellite S55-B5132 Kernal_security_check_failure to System_service_exception:...: Recently i experienced lots of issues with above mentioned laptop. The laptop comes with WIndows 8.1, it continuously frequently shows this error screen (1st picture) and automatically restart, after a few minutes, restart again. One time, finally computer restart and stayed...
  7. Camera and microphone gone? toshiba satellite s55-b5157

Camera and microphone gone? toshiba satellite s55-b5157: My built in camera and microphone have both disappeared. The cannot be found on the device manager even after scanning for hardware changes, or rebooting. one app gives me this Microsoft error code. 0xA00F4244 <no cameras are attached>...
  8. HDMI port on Toshiba Satellite S55-C5274

HDMI port on Toshiba Satellite S55-C5274: HDMI port on Toshiba Satellite S55-C5274 does not present to the monitor. Have up dated Intel HD Graphics drivers, Updated most current Windows 10. No errors in devices. I have tested the HDMI cable with an another system (HP); it functions as advertised. Prior to Windows...
  9. Toshiba satellite overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba satellite overheating: My L55-A laptop is turning also 70+ C when cpu load up to 100%. But it is no dust, also i have cooling fan, but still happen when exposed the cpu to 100% also it turns 75 C and above when this load is so long(I'm using also third party CoreTemp and windows Task Manager). So i...
  10. Toshiba Satellite laptop hard drive replacement

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Toshiba Satellite laptop hard drive replacement: I recently replaced my hard drive in my Toshiba Satellite laptop. I was running the Windows 10 upgrade 1809 when my hard drive went out. I went to a computer shop & bought a Toshiba 500 GB hard drive. It had a 320 GB Seagate in it before. My question is . I keep getting...