Windows 10: Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage

Discus and support Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 2 days ago my storage drive stopped working, my storage drive is a Toshiba storage drive, I have tried to access the files but it freezes the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gia'VonniSimmons, Apr 23, 2024.

1. Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage

2 days ago my storage drive stopped working, my storage drive is a Toshiba storage drive, I have tried to access the files but it freezes the file explorer. I have tried nearly all methods I could find such as installing it, trying to update it which I couldn't find a drive to update from Toshiba even changing ports which haven't worked. I have gotten a prompt from windows to format it but I don't want to lose all my storage on it as it has the files of my steam games and mods on it. Please help me.

:)

Gia'VonniSimmons, Apr 23, 2024

2. Can´t change the default storage drive.

Hello.

I changed the default storage drive (from C: to DToshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage :) in "Settings>>System>>Storage, however the Windows continues to install all apps in C: drive. Any suggestion?

HelderCardoso_0707, Apr 23, 2024
  3. ColMac Win User
    Cannot access Storage Space

I've created a problem with Storage Spaces by changing the drive letter in Windows 10. This has caused a Storage Spaces error, and I can no longer see the Storage space in File Explorer.

Disk Management shows the drive as unallocated.

I now have the following situation. The 2 drives in the storage space are the ones shown as 931.5GB (or Disk 4 in the Management image). (it was originally set up as 10Tb but only 2 x 2tb physical disks initially)

Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage 200304d1534887869t-cannot-access-storage-space-ss1.jpg

Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage 200307d1534887892t-cannot-access-storage-space-ss2.jpg

Any suggestions as to whether I can correct this. Thanks

Colin

ColMac, Apr 23, 2024
  4. Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage

Can´t change the default storage drive.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately you missed the point.

I am referring to the apps storage location, not documents or videos or pictures.

As you may read in previous post the problem is because the apps storage location don´t change from C: despite the fact I selected a different drive.

Thank you.

HelderCardoso_0707, Apr 23, 2024
Thema:

Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage

1. Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage - Similar Threads - Toshiba Storage Drive

2. Is Microsoft storage and local disk storage different?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Microsoft storage and local disk storage different?: I recently purchased the Microsoft 365 Basic subscription that allows me to have 1 TB of storage, yet my local disk is still full. Are these not the same types of storage, how do I get more room for installing apps without having to delete current games or files....
  3. Is Microsoft storage and local disk storage different?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Microsoft storage and local disk storage different?: I recently purchased the Microsoft 365 Basic subscription that allows me to have 1 TB of storage, yet my local disk is still full. Are these not the same types of storage, how do I get more room for installing apps without having to delete current games or files....
  4. Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage: 2 days ago my storage drive stopped working, my storage drive is a Toshiba storage drive, I have tried to access the files but it freezes the file explorer. I have tried nearly all methods I could find such as installing it, trying to update it which I couldn't find a drive...
  5. Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage

Toshiba Storage Drive changed To "Local Disk S:" and won't let me access my storage: 2 days ago my storage drive stopped working, my storage drive is a Toshiba storage drive, I have tried to access the files but it freezes the file explorer. I have tried nearly all methods I could find such as installing it, trying to update it which I couldn't find a drive...
  6. Local Disk Storage is Decreasing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local Disk Storage is Decreasing: My Local Disk "C" Storage is decreasing EVERYDAY. Yesterday it was 77.7 GB free of 172 GB and today it's 76.4 GB free of 172 GB it's happening everyday.I'm doing Disk Cleanup and maintaining the space. On the first day of Disk Cleanup it showed 6GB to clean and the next day,...
  7. Local Disk Storage is Decreasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Disk Storage is Decreasing: My Local Disk "C" Storage is decreasing EVERYDAY. Yesterday it was 77.7 GB free of 172 GB and today it's 76.4 GB free of 172 GB it's happening everyday.I'm doing Disk Cleanup and maintaining the space. On the first day of Disk Cleanup it showed 6GB to clean and the next day,...
  8. Local Disk Storage is Decreasing

9. Disk Drive Storage

Disk Drive Storage: I have two disk drives for storage (Not my choice I was given the PC for free and don't have the money or time to install a hard drive). Both disk drives being 250GB. I recently had an incident with the RAID Volume that had connected the two together (I'm not quiet sure how...
  10. Local Disk storage probelms

Local Disk storage probelms: Hi, I have a problem. I was trying to access the Xbox app the other day on my PC. I clicked on the program and it loaded up, and it started to sign me in. The problem started when it said "We are unable to sign you in at the moment. Try again later." (Error code :(0x409)...