Windows 10: toshiba techra R940 fingerprint utility issues. windows 10 64bit

Discus and support toshiba techra R940 fingerprint utility issues. windows 10 64bit in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cant delete the fingerprints on file. I cant enroll new prints it says it has prints on file. the option for fingerprint management is greyed out and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ale64, Mar 8, 2020.

1. ale64 Win User

toshiba techra R940 fingerprint utility issues. windows 10 64bit

I cant delete the fingerprints on file. I cant enroll new prints it says it has prints on file. the option for fingerprint management is greyed out and I cant click it. any ideas how to fix? thanks. toshiba techra R940 fingerprint utility issues. windows 10 64bit :)

:)

ale64, Mar 8, 2020
  2. Petijumo Win User

Toshiba Fingerprint don't works with Microsoft account on Windows 10

Hello

I"ve upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday.

First, Windows 10 asked me to type my local password.

After a second reboot, the Toshiba Fingerprint allowed me to sign in with my local account... So Toshiba Fingerprint seems to work on W10.

But then, as Windows suggests me, I've setted my Microsoft account instead of local account... Then, it erased my local password... and then, Toshiba Fingerprint seems to not worked anymore, it doesn't appear on the Windows login page anymore :-/

how to allow this software to work with a "non local" account then?

why doesn't this Toshiba Fingerprint appear in the biometrics settings?

will I have to choose between the full online Windows experience or the fingerprint login capability? :-/

Regards

Stephan

Petijumo, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Toshiba Tecra R840-S8430 will not boot into Win10 after installing the Toshiba fingerprint reader software

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the PC, while using the fingerprint reader.
    We appreciate your effort in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detailed information.

In this scenario you have already tried to install the Fingerprint utility driver in compatibility mode. We would suggest you to uninstall the biometric driver from the device manager and then install the

tc30609200e.exe
    driver. Steps to uninstall the driver completely.

1. Press Windows + X, select
      Device Manager
    2. Expand Keyboard device.
    3. Right click on all the listed devices, then select
      Uninstall device.
    4. Check the box beside Delete the driver software for this device.
    5. Click Ok and use the installer to install the driver.

In addition we would also suggest you to enable
    Windows Hello feature using Fingerprint Reader
    and check the Fingerprint login.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 8, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint to sign in to Windows. It would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• When you say, “I am not getting the option to log-in into windows using fingerprint.” What login options do you see on the login screen?
    • What happens when you try to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint scanner to login to Windows?
    • Were you able to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint to login to Windows earlier?

Ideally, on the login screen, you will see Sign-in options that allows you to use different sign-in methods to login to Windows.

As you have mentioned that you are able to use the Fingerprint scanner on websites, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. On the login screen, click on Sign-in options.
    2. Click on the Fingerprint icon, scan the Fingerprint, and see if you are able to sign in.

Refer the screenshot below:

toshiba techra R940 fingerprint utility issues. windows 10 64bit fc087693-5104-47d8-960f-4d6097885918?upload=true.jpg

If the issue persists, try removing the Fingerprint and add it again. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and click on
      Sign-in options
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Windows Hello Fingerprint and click on
      Remove.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the Fingerprint.
    5. Once done, click on Set up and follow the on-screen instructions to add the Fingerprint.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

1. toshiba techra R940 fingerprint utility issues. windows 10 64bit - Similar Threads - toshiba techra R940

2. Insydeh20 setup utility for Toshiba satellite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insydeh20 setup utility for Toshiba satellite: My laptop keeps bringing the insydeh20 setup utility and it's not booting. And the sub menu of the items under insyde utility is not available for navigation using the up and down arrow* Moved from Community Center...
  3. Insydeh20 setup utility for Toshiba satellite

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Insydeh20 setup utility for Toshiba satellite: My laptop keeps bringing the insydeh20 setup utility and it's not booting. And the sub menu of the items under insyde utility is not available for navigation using the up and down arrow* Moved from Community Center...
  4. Fingerprint issues

Fingerprint issues: I am currently using asus vivobook and when my device is in sign in mode, the fingerprint sensor continues to read fingerprint without even putting a finger on it, the screen continues face glitch but once I enter my pin and login, it stops doing that, any solution?n...
  5. Windows 10 20H2 fingerprint issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 20H2 fingerprint issue: Hello, I just update my XPS 9570 from windows 10 2004 to 20H2, since this, the fingerprint sensor (goodfix) don't work anymore, it's now impossible to log with windows hello. I checked if the driver of the sensor was up to date, it was. The sensor is detected in the device...
  6. toshiba techra R940 fingerprint utility issues. windows 10 64bit

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    toshiba techra R940 fingerprint utility issues. windows 10 64bit: I cant delete the fingerprints on file. I cant enroll new prints it says it has prints on file. the option for fingerprint management is greyed out and I cant click it. any ideas how to fix? thanks. :) 151920
  7. how to boot toshiba techra R940 from CD?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to boot toshiba techra R940 from CD?: google says press f8 on power up but that is not working. any ideas? thanks. 137388
  8. Toshiba eco Utilities

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toshiba eco Utilities: I have a Toshiba Laptop and I am not able to enable eco mode. I disabled this a couple of years ago and have not been able to enable it since. I turn the toggle switch to on and it immediately goes back to off, it won't stay in the on position...
  9. Several issues on Windows 10 Pro 64bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Several issues on Windows 10 Pro 64bit: Hey, For some time now, my PC is having some issues. 1. When Right click Computer icon > Manage, I get the error attached and when clicking OK, it works fine. If I use the run command (Win key + R > compmgmt.msc), it opens with no error. Attachment 139254 2. Sometime...
  10. Toshiba Password Utility - DLL Load Error

Toshiba Password Utility - DLL Load Error: Whenever I try to launch my Toshiba Password Utility, it gives me a DLL Load Error message. Can someone advise me on how to fix this issue and get the utility to work again? Other people have ran into this problem after upgrading to Windows 10 with the Toshiba Password...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. toshiba tecra r940 bimometric driver

2. toshiba tecra r940 not booting after installing fingerprint manager