Windows 10: Toshiba Tecra R840-S8430 will not boot into Win10 after installing the Toshiba fingerprint...

Discus and support Toshiba Tecra R840-S8430 will not boot into Win10 after installing the Toshiba fingerprint... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Toshiba Tecra R840 S8430 (i5 2.5Ghz, 8GB ram, 320GB hdd) survived the update to Windows 10 64bit just fine, sans the ability to install/activate the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Al Campbell CNSS, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Toshiba Tecra R840-S8430 will not boot into Win10 after installing the Toshiba fingerprint...

My Toshiba Tecra R840 S8430 (i5 2.5Ghz, 8GB ram, 320GB hdd) survived the update to Windows 10 64bit just fine, sans the ability to install/activate the laptop's fingerprint reader. After a long search on the Toshiba website, I ran into the Toshiba forum suggestion of installing the fingerprint reader driver by running the installer in compatibility mode. The compatibility mode install seeemed to run just fine, and the fingerprint reader software allowed me to register my finger prints successfully as login credentials.

After I rebooted the laptop, the ability to login in any fashion has been lost. The laptop boots to an out of focus windows background, then the windows background comes into focus. This out of focus / into focus Windows background routine loops indefinitely. There are 3 icons in the lower right corner of the screen, for Internet, Ease of Access, and Power, so I can reboot or shut down the laptop, but when I restart, I am stuck in this "out of focus / in focus" loop again. The dialog box for inputting login credentials never appears.

The one saving grace that I have, is that I consistently use Acronis True Image Backup & Recovery twice monthly to make verified full image backups of the laptop's system disk to my NAS, so I can definitely go back to the system state prior to installing the Toshiba Fingerprint Utility, but the fingerprint reader will not be functional.

My questions are:

1. Is the Fingerprint reader on this laptop Windows 10 x64 compatible?

2. Is the Toshiba hardware driver / Fingerprint utility ( tc30609200e.exelocated at https://support.dynabook.com/support/modelHome?freeText=2998361&osId=3333785 ) Windows10 x64 compatible?

3. Is there an installation method available that I am not aware of?

I await your reply,

Alan Campbell

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

Al Campbell CNSS, Jun 25, 2019

2. Fingerprint stopped working after windows update

Hello,

I have a TOSHIBA TECRA R840-110 and since I installed a new windows update my Fingerprint utility stopped working along with Windows Hello.

I tried to find new drivers but didn't find any.

Can someone help me, please?

DanielNunes da Silva, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Toshiba Launches the Tecra C50 Laptop

Toshiba's Business Solutions Division (BSD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced a new laptop series designed to meet the needs of small to mid-sized businesses. The Tecra C50 offers the performance of an enterprise-class PC, the essential productivity and security features business users need and unmatched Toshiba build-quality, starting at just $579.99 MSRP and will be sold exclusively in the U.S. through Ingram Micro Inc.'s vast reseller and solution provider network.

"Growing businesses need PCs that their workforces can count on with the features they need to be productive for a low total cost of ownership - we've designed the new Tecra C50 laptop just for that," said Carl Pinto, vice president of marketing and engineering, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Business Solutions Division. "Unlike other manufacturers who outsource most of their production, our business laptops are designed, engineered and rigorously tested in dedicated Toshiba facilities, giving us one of the industry's lowest failure rates. We are so sure of the quality of these laptops, that if any of the major components fail within the first six months, we'll give you a brand new one, no questions asked."

Toshiba Tecra R840-S8430 will not boot into Win10 after installing the Toshiba fingerprint... Toshiba_Tecra_C50_01_thm.jpg

Big Performance for Small Business
    The Tecra C50 features a 15.6-inch diagonal HD display, the latest Intel Core i3 or Core i5 processors and 4 GB of RAM for convenient multitasking and collaboration, a 500GB hard drive5, plus a seven-hour battery life rating to keep business in motion. The laptop also features a built-in DVD Drive and full-size keyboard with a 10-key numeric pad for easily powering through spreadsheets.

To make the process of connecting, syncing, sharing and collaborating easier, the Tecra C50 is equipped with an HD webcam, Bluetooth v4.0, the latest dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi, and is wireless display ready. A generous range of essential ports make doing business easier, including two USB 3.07 and one USB 2.0 port, plus full-size HDMI and VGA ports, Gigabit Ethernet and an SD Card reader. Users can also easily transform this laptop into a thriving desktop workstation with USB docking. Pre-loaded with Windows 7 Professional, the laptop also offers Windows 8.1 Pro recovery media.

"Small and mid-sized businesses are challenged by many of the same IT issues as much larger companies yet they often have fewer resources and solutions to address them," Mike Erwin, senior director, Commercial Markets Division, Ingram Micro. "Ingram Micro and our channel partners are dedicated to helping these businesses realize the promise of technology by offering targeted solutions and services comprised of powerful, secure and enterprise-grade products such as the new Toshiba Tecra C50."

Security Features and EasyGuard Technology
    To ensure valuable business data is kept safe and secure, the Tecra C50 can be configured with an Intel Core i5 processor and Trusted Platform Module (TPM) v1.2 to provide the extra layers of security business users need for greater peace of mind. This laptop features Toshiba's innovative EasyGuard Technology, adding multi-tiered security and data protection measures that guard components against accidental bumps, plus Tecra durability and reliability with comprehensive vibration, drop, pressure and Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT) at Toshiba's facilities to ensure the product is built to last.

Toshiba Quality Guarantee
    To demonstrate its commitment to quality and reliability, Toshiba is introducing the Toshiba Quality Guarantee for Tecra C50 laptops. If the LCD panel, hard drive, memory or system board fails within the first six months of ownership, Toshiba will replace the entire unit with a new Tecra C50.

Pricing and Availability
    The two configurations of the Tecra C50 laptops are now available for $579.99 MSRP (Core i3) and $699.99 MSRP (Core i5) and available exclusively from Ingram Micro's reseller and solution provider network, including CDW, PC Connection and Zones Inc.

Cristian_25H, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Toshiba Tecra R840-S8430 will not boot into Win10 after installing the Toshiba fingerprint...

Toshiba Introduces the Tecra W50 Mobile Workstation

Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced its first mobile workstation, the Tecra W50 as part of its rollout of new business laptops. A portable powerhouse built for maximum performance, the Tecra W50 mobile workstation features a 15.6-inch diagonal Full HD display, plus unsurpassed durability and one of the thinnest, lightest designs in its class at less than six pounds.

Powered by a 4th generation Intel Core i7 quad-core processor and NVIDIA Quadro graphics, the Tecra W50 mobile workstation is perfect for professionals who demand high-precision performance and high-end graphics for the most intensive visual and engineering tasks. The Tecra W50 includes additional benefits of enhanced security, enterprise-focused features, a built-in optical drive, along with the rock-solid durability Toshiba is renowned for.

Toshiba Tecra R840-S8430 will not boot into Win10 after installing the Toshiba fingerprint... Toshiba_Tecra_W50_01_thm.jpg

"The Tecra W50 is a testament to Toshiba's ability to design and develop mobile computing products that meet the highest performance standards yet still remain portable," said Carl Pinto, vice president of marketing and product development, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "As one of the thinnest and lightest workstation currently available on the market, the Tecra W50 is the right choice for any design professional looking for robust processing power, professional graphics and maximum performance - anytime, anywhere."

Powerful Performance for Today's Pros
    The Tecra W50 features a 15.6-inch diagonal Full HD (1920x1080) display, color-calibrated to industry standards for extremely accurate color rendering and premium picture quality. It is built for lightning-fast performance for today's most demanding tasks - including SolidWorks and AutoCAD - with a full-voltage 4th generation Intel Core i7 quad-core processor and four high-speed memory slots configurable up to 32 GB. The Tecra W50 boosts professional graphics capabilities and unprecedented performance with dedicated NVIDIA Quadro K2100M graphics and 2 GB of GDDR5 memory to accelerate and mobilize any workflow.

Designed for Business on the Move
    The Tecra W50 has a mobility-focused design that is one of the thinnest and lightest in the industry. Starting at less than six pounds, the Tecra W50 makes it easy to get work done anywhere without sacrificing durability. This workstation features Toshiba's innovative EasyGuard technology, plus Tecra durability and reliability with comprehensive spill, drop and Highly Accelerated Life (HALT) testing at Toshiba facilities in Japan to ensure the product is built to last.

Built-in Security
    Built-in Intel vPro technology provides the manageability today's enterprises need. A Trusted Platform Module (TPM), a Fingerprint Reader and optional SmartCard technology provide the security IT departments require. The Trusted Platform Module offers high-level data encryption and Toshiba's built in Computrace software aids recovery in case of theft.

Productivity Day or Night
    An ultradurable design incorporating a spill-resistant, LED-backlit keyboard with 10-key numeric pad and built-in AccuPoint pointing device and clickpad allows users to work and create comfortably and conveniently, even in low light environments. Sharing and syncing for greater efficiency is enabled through a full range of ports: dual USB 3.0 ports and one USB 2.0 port, plus a media card reader, eSATA/USB combo, HDMI, PCIe and VGA ports. Gigabit LAN and an optional mini serial port extend functionality even further. Mobile professionals can charge their tablets and phones even while the laptop is off with the latest USB 3.0 Sleep & Charge feature.

Common Docking and Accessories
    Making the devices more manageable across a deployment, all of Toshiba's new business laptops now share a common docking port and accessories, such as port replicators, making it easier for IT departments to purchase and distribute to users. In addition, the laptops also share a common image, allowing IT to easily customize to meet unique needs across the board and deploy to users quickly.

Pricing and Availability
    The Tecra W50 will be available for purchase through Corporate Direct, select Toshiba Preferred Partner Program resellers, e-tailers and from ToshibaDirect.com on October 18, 2013, starting at $1,999 MSRP.

Cristian_25H, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Toshiba Tecra R840-S8430 will not boot into Win10 after installing the Toshiba fingerprint...

1. Toshiba Tecra R840-S8430 will not boot into Win10 after installing the Toshiba fingerprint... - Similar Threads - Toshiba Tecra R840

2. Matshita DVD drive on my toshiba tecra laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Matshita DVD drive on my toshiba tecra laptop: I have a Matshita DVD drive on my toshiba tecra laptop but it stopped working no flicking light, door not respond to open no "eject" only I hear 4 small sound at once when I boot the laptop . Everything in the device manager is ok - I guess it is a hard where failure not from...
  3. Matshita DVD drive on my toshiba tecra laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Matshita DVD drive on my toshiba tecra laptop: I have a Matshita DVD drive on my toshiba tecra laptop but it stopped working no flicking light, door not respond to open no "eject" only I hear 4 small sound at once when I boot the laptop . Everything in the device manager is ok - I guess it is a hard where failure not from...
  4. Matshita DVD drive on my toshiba tecra laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Downloading windows 10 on my Toshiba Tecra X40-E

Downloading windows 10 on my Toshiba Tecra X40-E: cant download, it always pops up with "Insert system disk in drive.Press any key when ready....Please check if the Boot Mode is correct in the BIOS settings. The BIOS settings menu is launched by pressing the [F2] key after you reboot." Don't tell me to change the order in...
  6. Two USB Ports on Toshiba Tecra A11 Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two USB Ports on Toshiba Tecra A11 Not Working: The two usb ports on the bottom right of the laptop are not working. I plug a phone in and it does not charge it either. I have gone into device manager and unchecked the box for turning the device off to save power on all USB hubs generic and root hubs but when I put a...
  7. Two USB Ports on Toshiba Tecra A11 Not Working

Two USB Ports on Toshiba Tecra A11 Not Working: The two usb ports on the bottom right of the laptop are not working. I plug a phone in and it does not charge it either. I have gone into device manager and unchecked the box for turning the device off to save power on all USB hubs generic and root hubs but when I put a...
  8. Two USB Ports on Toshiba Tecra A11 Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Toshiba Tecra C50-E message query

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toshiba Tecra C50-E message query: Toshiba Tecra C50-E i get this message every start C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\7906AAC0.TOSHIBASettings_2.1.13.0_x64_nvaxck9xhg5vg\System Settings\TosSettingsHost.exe File system error 12007. computer bought 2 months ago, works fine just checking...
  10. Toshiba boot issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba boot issue: Hi all, I hope everyone is well!! I manage to muddle through on computery things, but am I novice, so bear with me! I have an old Toshiba satellite laptop.. hmm probably 6 years old now, it came with windows 8 on it, so can't be much older, hopefully!! (Its now running...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. toshiba tecra r840 drivers windows 10 64 bit

2. boot windows 10 from a USB key toshiba tecra

3. what bios should i use toshiba r840