Windows 10: Toshiba Television connected to Windows 10 shows video, but no audio

Discus and support Toshiba Television connected to Windows 10 shows video, but no audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is a new Kingdel Computer connected to a Toshiba television via hdmi. It was working fine until I installed oneodio bluetooth headphones via a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MJDavisJr, Mar 29, 2019.

1. MJDavisJr Win User

Toshiba Television connected to Windows 10 shows video, but no audio

This is a new Kingdel Computer connected to a Toshiba television via hdmi. It was working fine until I installed oneodio bluetooth headphones via a bluetooth dongle. It worked then after initial installation when the headphones were off. I also bought a Canon imageclass printer and Canon support installed it. Now, the computer seems to think that I have a set of speakers (I do not), and it will not send sound to the PC.

In the Sound>Playback menu, there is no option for and HDMI device.

Please help!

Specs:

Kingdel Computer running Windows 10, 64 bit

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H4MT81L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Powered USB hub

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072LW1RGG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

USB Bluetooth Dongle

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VWEK4IG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bluetooth Headphones

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CQKSB6W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Toshiba Televison connected via HDMI, but also shows up in bluetooth devices.

Canon Printer

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K9L6USA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

:)

MJDavisJr, Mar 29, 2019

2. connecting laptop to old cr-television

Hello

Is there any method of connecting laptop to old cr-television
    using 3.5mm jack to audio-video splitter which is used in set-up box of television

saurabhgupta3, Mar 29, 2019
  3. No sound over HDMI to Toshiba television on Windows 10

I'm getting no sound over HDMI connecting my Windows 10 laptop to one specific Toshiba television.

Connecting to other televisions or projectors of various makes and models works fine. The laptop is a Mid 2015 15" MacBook Pro running Windows 10 using Boot Camp. Booted to Mac OS it works just fine connected to the same TV with the same cable. And the same
    TV and cable are just fine connected to a BT set top box.

As shown in the picture below, the volume control in the notification area is showing a red X, and hovering overing it displays a tooltip saying 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in.' Nevertheless, right clicking and opening the playback devices control
    panel shows the TV connected and active. Device Manager, however, has no sign of it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot!

Toshiba Television connected to Windows 10 shows video, but no audio bc3976b3-a5d5-4341-b9e2-c3410c6438c2.png

somnolentsurfer, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Toshiba Television connected to Windows 10 shows video, but no audio - Similar Threads - Toshiba Television connected

2. Connecting Windows to an audio video receiver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Windows to an audio video receiver: There is a Cat-5 connection on modern home audio video receivers, which can be used to connect to a home internet router. Can that be used to record video from a modern or retro gaming system? The reason that I am wondering is that the walkthroughs on Youtube are not good...
  3. Connecting Windows to an audio video receiver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting Windows to an audio video receiver: There is a Cat-5 connection on modern home audio video receivers, which can be used to connect to a home internet router. Can that be used to record video from a modern or retro gaming system? The reason that I am wondering is that the walkthroughs on Youtube are not good...
  4. Windows 10 Desktop not displaying on television

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Desktop not displaying on television: Hey all! I have a home media system set up that until recently was based around my older laptop and connected via HDMI. I just purchased a new computer today Acer TC-885 and I'm having trouble connecting it to my television. I can connect it to my older Acer moniter via the...
  5. Television Monitor changes when watching videos.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Television Monitor changes when watching videos.: I recently started using a television as a monitor for my computer, and found out that I couldn't fullscreen videos I had downloaded, or else it would change resolution (?). However, with other applications, it wasn't a problem, so I ignored it. Until today when I updated my...
  6. Using DLNA to watch videos on television

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using DLNA to watch videos on television: Since my desktop PC is connected via an ethernet cable to the router and a second cable connects to the smart TV I should be able to watch videos stored on the PC on the TV using DLNA. I have found that I can display pictures from my Pictures folder and listen to music from...
  7. Television to Laptop

Television to Laptop: How do I connect my laptop to my smart tv via an HDMI cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/television-to-laptop/25b128da-3db1-458b-bd0b-ec65574b5c27
  8. Toshiba Video Player on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba Video Player on Windows 10?: How do I get the Toshiba Video Player on Windows 10? I been trying to figure out how to get it. Thank you. :) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-video-player-on-windows-10/0a5447e3-e5cd-49e1-a565-3f7e2a6adfb9
  9. Lost DLNA connection to television from windows 10 desktop computer

Lost DLNA connection to television from windows 10 desktop computer: I recently replaced the hard drive in my 8 year old Dell XPS 9100 desktop computer by my professional tech person, he reinstalled Windows 10 in the process. All is well except the desktop does not recognize 2 devices in the network anymore, (my Sony Blueray player or my Sony...
  10. Difficulty connecting my laptop to my television

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Difficulty connecting my laptop to my television: Good evening everyone *Smile First off, I am going to pre-apologize if I sound vague in any form. Not entirely positive how to exactly describe what's happening/ask the question I need to, but I will do my best. I have a Sony 4K television. When I switch inputs, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 on toshiba but no sound